Tennessee House Republicans call for investigation after Memphis removes Confederate statues

Nathan Bedford Forrest was not the, or a, founder of the KKK. He was drafted --- in absentia --- to be the figurehead CEO to lend 'credibility' to a group that was already amassing a sleazy reputation. Less than two years later however he did officially disband it.

Meanwhile the crucial phrase sits right there in your OP and you're oblivious to it. That is, "from city parks". That's what the city would have done with its own property and indeed what the new owner did with their own property. And it's also what the various other municipalities have done, including New Orleans, including Charlottesville.

Meanwhile, a ways east of Memphis in the town of Pulaski, where the United Daughters of the Confederacy (the group who ran around putting up all these revisionist history transmitters in various city parks and public spaces during the Lost Cause craze in the early 20th century) --- affixed a plaque to a building at 205 West Madison Street to commemorate and name the six ex-soldiers who actually did found the Klan (Maj. James Crowe, Calvin Jones, Capt. John B. Kennedy, Capt. John Lester, Frank O. McCord, Richard Reed, none of whom were named Forrest). When that building was sold to a new owner in the 1990s the new owner turned that plaque around so that it now faces backwards with a complete blank, symbolizing that Pulaski "turned its back" on that legacy.

And yet ---- it did nothing to destroy the history of that founding, clearly it didn't since I just related it to you.

In ALL of those cases the owners of the property chose to divest themselves of those propaganda transmitters, which was and is their right to do, and there's not a damn thing in the world you can do about it.

The city sold the property, at far below market prices, to special interests for the explicit purpose of circumventing the law that required the statues to remain.

A remember a case of some public property with a cross being sold to private interests to protect the cross from being removed from the property. The courts ruled the cross still had to come down because the land was sold purely to circumvent any requirement to remove the cross.

Do I have it right that public parks were sold to private citizens? If so that absolutely should be investigated.

The city sold the property, at far below market prices, to special interests for the explicit purpose of circumventing the law that required the statues to remain.

A remember a case of some public property with a cross being sold to private interests to protect the cross from being removed from the property. The courts ruled the cross still had to come down because the land was sold purely to circumvent any requirement to remove the cross.

Sounds plausible. If that's what they did to get around such a law --- good for them. After all why should state government be telling local government what it can do with its own property?

Kind of ironic --- apparently "states rights" doesn't seem to extend to its microcism "city's rights".

The State should condemn the property under the laws of eminent domain, make it a State park and replace the monuments.

The State should condemn the property under the laws of eminent domain, make it a State park and replace the monuments.

Is the state still part of the Confederacy?

If no --- why would the state put its imprimatur on them?

With fountains or something. The statues have likely been destroyed like the movements of the monsters they portrayed.

No, actually Memphis should be fined and required to pay for replacement even if they have to be remade. These men were my ancestors and provided great and honorable service to my State. Memorializing them is in no way about race and pandering to hate groups only encourages hate groups to flourish. In addition these men were by law American veterans and deserve to be honored as such.

They tried that in San Diego.

With fountains or something. The statues have likely been destroyed like the movements of the monsters they portrayed.

No, actually Memphis should be fined and required to pay for replacement even if they have to be remade. These men were my ancestors and provided great and honorable service to my State. Memorializing them is in no way about race and pandering to hate groups only encourages hate groups to flourish. In addition these men were by law American veterans and deserve to be honored as such.
Sorry but that’s a load of bs. Screw those traitors. Piss on their graves.

And screw those traitors in the Memphis City Council and the hate groups they enslave themselves to. May their ancestors also be disrespected and dishonored. May the Lincoln Memorial be the next memorial torn down.

And screw those traitors in the Memphis City Council and the hate groups they enslave themselves to. May their ancestors also be disrespected and dishonored. May the Lincoln Memorial be the next memorial torn down.
:itsok:

There's only one type of good confederate. Here are a bunch of them:

7.LC-DIG-cwpb-01095.jpg

Maybe one of those were your ancestor? Fuck 'em.

What traitors and what hate groups? The confederacy was its own nation that seceded to fight the Untied States and got beat.

What traitors and what hate groups? The confederacy was its own nation that seceded to fight the Untied States and got beat.
And they got WRECKED :laugh:

Fuck those slavery loving bastards. I doubt they hear your sympathies from their cells burning in hell.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Tennessee including Memphis was a part of that nation; the men memorialized were true to their Nation; not traitors.
CSA veterans veterans are by law American veterans. Only traitorous asshoes dishonor American veteran graves/memorials. Who but hate groups would destroy shared heritage?

Tennessee House Republicans call for investigation after Memphis removes Confederate statues

Instead of marching & begging for the city to remove Confederate statues from city parks, some Black men in Memphis purchased the parks that had statues of Jefferson Davis & Nathan Bedford Forrest (founder of the KKK). Then THEY had the statues removed from THEIR property
Whoever owns the property has that right.

City selling 250,000 parks for a grand? And you call that fiscal responsibility...

Yup the enemy with in the left.

Tennessee including Memphis was a part of that nation; the men memorialized were true to their Nation; not traitors.
CSA veterans veterans are by law American veterans. Only traitorous asshoes dishonor American veteran graves/memorials. Who but hate groups would destroy shared heritage?

Where did anybody "destroy heritage"?

Hm?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back