Tell me your voting story.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
Here is mine. The poles in this small New Hampshire town opened at 8am and my my wife and I got there at 7:45. The parking lot of the Church was nearly full already-maybe fifty cars. There was a long line of people stretching around the lot about 200 yards in length when we got there. It was cold with light snow showers and an icy breeze. We got one of the last parking spaces and the line of automobiles behind us was as far as the eye could see.

People had to park on both sides of the access roads when the spaces were full leaving just enough room in the middle of the road for a single care to pass. The people line snaked around the building and into the lot with my wife and I about nearly at the back end at poll opening time.

The line seemed frozen in place and we were freezing as well. Within twenty minutes the line behind us was out on the access road. Six feet of separation was a virtual impossibility and everyone I saw was wearing a mask. After about 25 minutes the line began to slowly move-very slowly. My glasses kept fogging up from my mask and I was chilled to the bone and so was my wife.

The line would move and then stop. We were dressed warmly but some were not. People were shivering and hopping in place to generate body heat. The line behind us was now out of sight and I was glad we got there when we did.

After what seemed like an arctic ordeal we got the door where a poll worker was taking everyone's temperature. You couldn't just walk in because they were calling letters like A to C and you had to comply with your turn. We were in the elements for an hour and fifteen minutes.

I have no doubt that this is going to be the most voted on election in the history of America. It was worth it me because of the magnitude of what we are facing.

Last edited:
I went to the small town hall in the small town of Noel, Mizzouri and there were three people voting, I signed in and took my ballot and voted in about three minutes then turned in the ballot to the machine and left. It was sunny and forty....Unfortunately no free shit to entice my vote...

I walked right in, showed my voters registration card, voted and left.

Not much of a story, but I turned 18 on election day 1972, which coincided with the lowering of the voting age to 18, so I became the youngest person ever to vote in my home town at the time.

I was rather disappointed by the utter lack of immediate fame this brought me.

I voted on the last day of early voting. Took me longer to drive there than it did to vote. Walked right in and up to the check in with my Photo ID and voter registration card, no waiting at all.

Not much of a story, but I turned 18 on election day 1972, which coincided with the lowering of the voting age to 18, so I became the youngest person ever to vote in my home town at the time.

I was rather disappointed by the utter lack of immediate fame this brought me.
Kinda like when they made me sign up for the draft registration in 1979 when they started it.

Not much to say. I got a mail in ballot, followed the instructions, and dropped it off in person at the county clerk. Done, painless and easy.

Wife and I drove to municipal bldg /polling site, paid both our vehicle's registration fee's, paid our land taxes, and then a short walk down the hall, stood in line around maybe 15 minutes before being asked to show ID, gave signature, then voted.

Not much to say. I got a mail in ballot, followed the instructions, and dropped it off in person at the county clerk. Done, painless and easy.

" I got a mail in ballot, followed the instructions, and dropped it" in the mailbox.

Checked online a couple days later to make sure it had been received

" I got a mail in ballot, followed the instructions, and dropped it" in the mailbox.

Checked online a couple days later to make sure it had been received

That's a good system to have.

We have statewide mail in voting here so I voted days ago. Dropped it off at the post office, easy.

Look I'm fine with mail in voting so long as we take the time to properly prepare and SECURE mail in voting. My state has had years to refine mail in voting. I think states this year who have never had mail in voting and attempted some knee jerk approach to implementing mail in voting with only a few months to prepare is a really bad idea that's going to lead to chaos.

For some reason it is important to me to physically put my ballot into the machine.

Forum List

Back