Ted Cruz wants Texas to secede if 'things become hopeless' in the US

I'm sure there are politicians in every jurisdiction everywhere who'd like to secede simply for not getting their way, but 99.9% never go anywhere.

I'm sure there are politicians in every jurisdiction everywhere who'd like to secede simply for not getting their way, but 99.9% never go anywhere.

I guess the old saying of "Death to Lawyers" may be..... Well, I ain't going to say it because some fruitcake may decide that I am God and I told him to do it.

And what then? Will Ted Cruz - the Canadian emperor from Mexico over Texas - continue his war against Germany and attack us during the next natural catastrophe in Texas?

Secession would be one hell of a lot better choice than an ongoing orgy of internecine violence. Only fools think they can depend on the American military to crush and enslave 100 million of their neighbors. Unfortunately, I think there's a growing number on the Left who believe precisely that.

translation: if a black man gets elected president again
So we're already seceding?

Cool.

Let's do this. Fuck you other assholes, we out!!!

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

So we're already seceding?

Cool.

Let's do this. Fuck you other assholes, we out!!!

Texas-Flag-Small.gif
In Texas p1/3 of the state's revenue comes from the federal government. 1/5 of the Texas economy comes from all the US military bases in the state. Go ahead and secede, hope you like living in poverty. Your economy would be in for a big collapse. There would be a mass Exodus of people from the state.

In Texas p1/3 of the state's revenue comes from the federal government. 1/5 of the Texas economy comes from all the US military bases in the state. Go ahead and secede, hope you like living in poverty. Your economy would be in for a big collapse. There would be a mass Exodus of people from the state.
I'm guessing (who can say, of course) that with the prohibitive secession requirements, what we'll more likely see is a situation in which the states are far more different in their individual laws and environments.

So for example, simply going from State A to State B, we'll want to know if that state is red, blue or purple. We'll want to be familiar with the political character of that state. Possibly even more pronounced than moving from country to country in Europe.

Obviously not what the Founders envisioned, but we've clearly failed them.

Forum List

Back