TED CRUZ: I’m PROUD to stand with Gov. Mike Pence!

What ever happened to protecting religious freedom?

If we don't protect a person's religious freedom do we get to walk into a delicatessen or a halal store and demand that we are served pork?

Serious question. Because just because pork is against a Jew or Muslim's religious dietary belief it isn't against my Christian faith.

So a deli owner or a halal store would be discriminating against me would they not?

Those are tenets of those religions. This hate law is not part of what Jesus taught, not part of true Christianity and has nothing at all to do with "religious freedom".

This is about allowing businesses to ignore certain laws that the rest of us have to abide by.

But, you already knew that, didn't you.

10401930_10152228904091275_6935764536842631515_n_zps0e522403.jpg

Luddly check out the Hobby Lobby decision. The SCOTUS has upped the ante on the laws enacted in the past.

It expands RFRA to for profits.

If we don't protect a person's religious freedom do we get to walk into a delicatessen or a halal store and demand that we are served pork?

Serious question. Because just because pork is against a Jew or Muslim's religious dietary belief it isn't against my Christian faith.

So a deli owner or a halal store would be discriminating against me would they not?

What a stupid analogy.......try again

No it's not. Not at all. I've been listening to lawyers wall to wall rather than coming in and watching the hysteria on the boards. Shit people should freaking chill out.

But everyone's acting like Richard Simmons on meth. The hysteria is insane and I believe is entirely manufactured at this point and being driven by the media.

Of course its manufactured. The Left is driving a narrative which says that the Sexually Abnormal are distinct gender, which provides for this new gender the same protections of a special class which protects women and other people of genetic minority... all of which is manufactured as well.

These are known as WEDGES, and these wedges are used to divide the culture... .

The bad news is that if you refuse to stand up against those advocating the wedge, your inaction is assent and the culture is split. If you stand up against them, the culture is split.

So, by their very existence the culture is split, thus to tolerate them, the culture is divided.

So, tolerance is that which destroys the nation. Twisted... huh?

Reality, it can be SUCH a b i t c h .

Pence created a pile of shit and is now blaming liberals and the media for pointing it out

Poor analogy.

It wouldn't be discrimination for an establishment to not have a particular item on a menu. You want pork? Then don't go to a place that doesn't have pork.

It would be discriminatory if an establishment refused to serve a customer simply because they don't like the way they look, or because of some perceived lifestyle.

Yes... it would be discrimination. Much as one would discriminate against the turd bobbing, noxious water despite severe dehydration. It's the same thing that allow one to seek the overpass instead of crossing directly across the freeway.

It's a natural and essential function all viable life.

You make it seem like a bad thing.

TED CRUZ: I’m PROUD to stand with Gov. Mike Pence!
TheRightScoop ^ | 3/30/2015 | Right Scoop

Unlike Scott Walker and more emphatic than Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz enthusiastically supports Gov. Mike Pence and urges all Americans to do the same:

HOUSTON, Texas — U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, issued the following statement today in support of Governor Mike Pence’s effort to defend religious liberty and protect against the government forcing individuals to violate their deeply held beliefs:

“I want to commend Governor Mike Pence for his support of religious freedom, especially in the face of fierce opposition. There was a time, not too long ago, when defending religious liberty enjoyed strong bipartisan support. Alas, today we are facing a concerted assault on the First Amendment, on the right of every American to seek out and worship God according to the dictates of his or her conscience. Governor Pence is holding the line to protect religious liberty in the Hoosier State. Indiana is giving voice to millions of courageous conservatives across this country who are deeply concerned about the ongoing attacks upon our personal liberties. I’m proud to stand with Mike, and I urge Americans to do the same.”

BOOM! No compromise. No fear.

Read more: TED CRUZ I m PROUD to stand with Gov. Mike Pence The Right Scoop -

Ted cruz is the anti-fag!
Wonderful! :clap:

No it's not. Not at all. I've been listening to lawyers wall to wall rather than coming in and watching the hysteria on the boards. Shit people should freaking chill out.

But everyone's acting like Richard Simmons on meth. The hysteria is insane and I believe is entirely manufactured at this point and being driven by the media.

Of course its manufactured. The Left is driving a narrative which says that the Sexually Abnormal are distinct gender, which provides for this new gender the same protections of a special class which protects women and other people of genetic minority... all of which is manufactured as well.

The bad news is that if you refuse to stand up against those advocating the wedge, your inaction is assent and the culture is split. If you stand up against them, the culture is split.

So, by their very existence the culture is split, thus to tolerate them, the culture is divided.

Pence created a pile of shit and is now blaming liberals and the media for pointing it out

Clinton signed the RFRA in freaking 1993.

Senator Obama voted for Illinois RFRA in 1998.

What's the problem?

The far right and their running dogs, including Pence, have created an awful mess for the GOP that is hurting its reputation and business community already, and it has ended any hope Pence had for the VP spot on the ticket.

The legislature is already talking about how "to fix" it.

What's the problem?
This is a much different version, at a much different time, hence the problem.

What's the problem?

The problem is that you keep repeating that even though you realize it is not the same legislation and does not have the same impact

Hey guys! I got a GREAT IDEA
Lets take the RFTA and tweak it so we can use it against fags! That will fix those homos

Ok... SO we have one person who is for Homosexual attacking and destroying the lives of Christians.

Anyone else for that?

(In case I failed to get the point across, I'm against any law that allows or otherwise provides for the means by homosexuals to destroy the lives of Christians who stand up and state in unapologetic terms that Homosexuality is a mental disorder which should not be encouraged, as it destroys individuals and the the culture it infects.)

Go right ahead and define "religious freedom" as not doing your job (baking a cake, taking pictures, driving a taxi) for someone who you disagree with. I thought religious people were made of sterner stuff.....apparently not.

Not if they don't sell pork to ANYONE. (RWrs sure suck at analogies)

What's the problem?
This is a much different version, at a much different time, hence the problem.

It's not a much different version. Indiana's law is just more up to date after the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby.

Hobby Lobby brought the suit based on the freaking RFRA act and that's how they won.

Check it out. Everyone's blowing hysterical hot air. It's based on the law Clinton passed for crying out loud.

"The decision is an interpretation of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) and does not address whether such corporations are protected by the free-exercise of religion clause of the First Amendment of the Constitution."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burwell_v._Hobby_Lobby_Stores,_Inc.

Go right ahead and define "religious freedom" as not doing your job (baking a cake, taking pictures, driving a taxi) for someone who you disagree with. I thought religious people were made of sterner stuff.....apparently not.
Religion, created out of ignorance and still its biggest fan.

What's the problem?

The problem is that you keep repeating that even though you realize it is not the same legislation and does not have the same impact

Hey guys! I got a GREAT IDEA
Lets take the RFTA and tweak it so we can use it against fags! That will fix those homos

:lol:

Tell that to the Supreme Court. Their decision for Hobby Lobby was based on the 1993 freaking law.

Deal with it.

LOL!

Uh oh... it seems we've stumbled into an unanticipated bout of reticence.

Come on now... stand up for what ya believe kids...

We know the would-be "Rightwinger" is FOR homosexuals being legally capable of destroying the lives of Christians who disagree with the Advocacy to Normalize Sexual Abnormality...

Who stands with it?

Forum List

Back