Ted Cruz has no intentions of ever being President

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

That is where Cruz's power will be

The political purges extremists hold every now and then are both awful and wonderful to behold. Today, the Republicans are in the midst of a great civil war testing whether the most extreme brand of Conservatism can long endure.

Cruz wants to be a king maker? Probably so. But the torch he holds as his political ideals throws lots of heat but very little light. The heat is reduce the size and scope and power of the federal government. But what will replace government in the void created after agency after agency is gutted? Do the Conservatives recognize that our government responds to problems? What will be their response?

And Cruz wants to be the kingmaker. With all the power of a junior, first term senator, Cruz will be forced to rely on rhetoric laced with fear and division to attain the vaunted kingmaker's seat. He cannot dole out political patronage as he has none to give.

One, if Bush is not the GOP I will send a donation to a Boys-Girls type organization, and encourage all of you to join with similar donations.

If a Dole, McCain, and Romney can't win, no far right candidate would ever get 40% of a general election vote. You far right thugs need to do what is right for the country, not act out of your hate for being put in your places when you behave wrongly.

I think Cruz understands the numbers as well as anyone

The numbers for a pure conservative victory are not there. That is why Cruz will not even try to get them. Let the other Republicans work the middle and Cruz will attack them all the way. This way Cruz gets to claim he is the only "true conservative" and will have control over that 25% of the GOP base

Not bad for a Freshman Senator

Too funny, no Republican can without us Conservatives, none of them

Which is my point in the OP

Cruz wants control of that power base. He can never win the GOP nomination, but he can control those who do

Cruz, will need to hide his Father as Obama got Reverend Wright silenced. I love how GOP's are so stupid, Get rid of the Irs and get rid of Obamacare, both need some work, but lets go back to the stone age and start afresh
I hope he does, then any Democrat is a shoe in.

Yep, you all can't have anyone else as a President. sheep are that way

What more important is to have a maj in the senate and house. Any Dem pres. will do.

wtf? Obama was still attending and associating with Wright. Cruzs father was YEARS AGO. what a joke and disgusting you people bring in people's families ALREADY

Next up his wife and kids, left loons cannot help themselves.

Yep, but bring up Obama's KIDS. They go all ape shit. they will crawl as low as they have in order to win

Yep, but forget what they did to Palin's family. Liberals are the most hypocritical assholes on the planet....well maybe the homos but most of them are liberals

Cruz, will need to hide his Father as Obama got Reverend Wright silenced. I love how GOP's are so stupid, Get rid of the Irs and get rid of Obamacare, both need some work, but lets go back to the stone age and start afresh
I hope he does, then any Democrat is a shoe in.

What more important is to have a maj in the senate and house. Any Dem pres. will do.

wtf? Obama was still attending and associating with Wright. Cruzs father was YEARS AGO. what a joke and disgusting you people bring in people's families ALREADY

Yep, but bring up Obama's KIDS. They go all ape shit. they will crawl as low as they have in order to win
People living in glass houses are ill advised to throw stones.

GFY...how's that you left loon?

we know that you want Jeb to be the candidate because you think HRC can beat him. We get it winger. Now STFU and go back to sleep.

Jeb will be the candidate

There is nobody else that Republicans will even consider

Nope.

Can I be honest with you Republicans on this board? You are not too hard to figure out. You ALWAYS go with the most obvious candidate...that is why you are conservative. You do not take chances

While I have often been wrong about who the eventual Democratic candidate will be (Carter, Dukakis, Clinton, Obama) I am never wrong about the eventual Republican candidate

The last time Republicans thought outside the box with their candidate was Goldwater 50 years ago

Jeb Bush will be your candidate

care to put some money on that?

I went through this in 2012 where all conservative posters welched on their election bets
Fool me once....

in other words you are afraid to bet, got it.

One, if Bush is not the GOP I will send a donation to a Boys-Girls type organization, and encourage all of you to join with similar donations.

If a Dole, McCain, and Romney can't win, no far right candidate would ever get 40% of a general election vote. You far right thugs need to do what is right for the country, not act out of your hate for being put in your places when you behave wrongly.

The numbers for a pure conservative victory are not there. That is why Cruz will not even try to get them. Let the other Republicans work the middle and Cruz will attack them all the way. This way Cruz gets to claim he is the only "true conservative" and will have control over that 25% of the GOP base

Cruz wants control of that power base. He can never win the GOP nomination, but he can control those who do

You may have a point, it is however much too soon to begin the mind games for them, I still maintain/hope that Walker hangs tough, he is/will be a good choice.

No, Cruz is an idiot, and he really thinks he might win.
And if Cruz were a fasr left wing activist, you'd be calling him the smartest person on the planet....
Shut the fuck up you hypocrite

Didn't you just criticize Penelope for her syntax, grammar, punctuation ... ?
Yeah. I did...Actually, no I didn't.. My criticism of her post was the absence of cohesive thought.
Now, is there anything else you'd like to discuss?

You're polite enough to attract other Conservatives who care little about comportment. But you are also stupid enough to repulse any potential converts to your perverted politics.

In other words, your posts do not inspire, they repel.

You're polite enough to attract other Conservatives who care little about comportment. But you are also stupid enough to repulse any potential converts to your perverted politics.

Again....GFY. It's just that simple. Now scram, loon

No, Cruz is an idiot, and he really thinks he might win.
And if Cruz were a fasr left wing activist, you'd be calling him the smartest person on the planet....
Shut the fuck up you hypocrite

Didn't you just criticize Penelope for her syntax, grammar, punctuation ... ?
Yeah. I did...Actually, no I didn't.. My criticism of her post was the absence of cohesive thought.
Now, is there anything else you'd like to discuss?

Talk about being a flip-flopper. That is to say, you're a liar.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

The political purges extremists hold every now and then are both awful and wonderful to behold. Today, the Republicans are in the midst of a great civil war testing whether the most extreme brand of Conservatism can long endure.

Cruz wants to be a king maker? Probably so. But the torch he holds as his political ideals throws lots of heat but very little light. The heat is reduce the size and scope and power of the federal government. But what will replace government in the void created after agency after agency is gutted? Do the Conservatives recognize that our government responds to problems? What will be their response?

And Cruz wants to be the kingmaker. With all the power of a junior, first term senator, Cruz will be forced to rely on rhetoric laced with fear and division to attain the vaunted kingmaker's seat. He cannot dole out political patronage as he has none to give.

Cruz is seeking power far beyond that of a freshman Senator. By trashing all the Republicans around him as not meeting conservative ideals he will gain that kingmaker role

You want to run as a Republican in 2020? Better meet the standards Ted Cruz has set for being a Conservative.

Think they told Reagan that too
Reagan was able to pull the center, and today our far right would spit on him as a liberal: raised taxes 11 times, tripled federal spending, raised the debt ceiling three times.

Jeb will be the candidate

There is nobody else that Republicans will even consider

Nope.

Can I be honest with you Republicans on this board? You are not too hard to figure out. You ALWAYS go with the most obvious candidate...that is why you are conservative. You do not take chances

While I have often been wrong about who the eventual Democratic candidate will be (Carter, Dukakis, Clinton, Obama) I am never wrong about the eventual Republican candidate

The last time Republicans thought outside the box with their candidate was Goldwater 50 years ago

Jeb Bush will be your candidate

care to put some money on that?

I went through this in 2012 where all conservative posters welched on their election bets
Fool me once....

in other words you are afraid to bet, got it.

In other words. I have seen how conservatives on this board honor their bets

Fool me once

So, what is Cruz doing?

Cruz is seeking power far beyond that of a freshman Senator. By trashing all the Republicans around him as not meeting conservative ideals he will gain that kingmaker role

You want to run as a Republican in 2020? Better meet the standards Ted Cruz has set for being a Conservative.
He is also burning all the bridges between himself and the RNC. And that can be an untenable position for someone without real political power.

He will still have to work in a Senate where he could never be assured of any real allies.

Think they told Reagan that too
Reagan was able to pull the center, and today our far right would spit on him as a liberal: raised taxes 11 times, tripled federal spending, raised the debt ceiling three times.

....and all without creating then giving away 85 BILLION a month for 6 years.

Go figure.

Again....GFY. It's just that simple. Now scram, loon
Classy and gracious. Just the kind of poster I could never respect.

You may have a point, it is however much too soon to begin the mind games for them, I still maintain/hope that Walker hangs tough, he is/will be a good choice.

Walker is a legitimate candidate....Cruz is not

In order to win the nomination and have any hope against Hillary, Walker will have to appeal to moderates. No candidate can win without the moderates

Cruz will sit on the sidelines and mock Walker for daring to stray from conservative ideals. This will endear Cruz to the radical conservative base

Forum List

Back