Ted Cruz has no intentions of ever being President

Cruz has the support of 4% of Republicans.

Tied with Rick Perry.

He is out there to take flak in preparation for Jeb's nomination.

He will be handsomely rewarded by President Bush III.

No he won't

Cruz intends to be a pain in the ass to Jeb. Attack him relentlessly as Jeb tries to construct a winning coalition. This will establish Cruz as the "True Conservative" in the party and allow him to lay claim to the base

we know that you want Jeb to be the candidate because you think HRC can beat him. We get it winger. Now STFU and go back to sleep.

Jeb will be the candidate

There is nobody else that Republicans will even consider

Nope.

Can I be honest with you Republicans on this board? You are not too hard to figure out. You ALWAYS go with the most obvious candidate...that is why you are conservative. You do not take chances

While I have often been wrong about who the eventual Democratic candidate will be (Carter, Dukakis, Clinton, Obama) I am never wrong about the eventual Republican candidate

The last time Republicans thought outside the box with their candidate was Goldwater 50 years ago

Jeb Bush will be your candidate

Nope

No! The GOP can win with a pure Conservative Candidate. We've been told that for decades. Now's the time to see it happen.

The key to winning the Presidency is to provide more appeal to centrists than the other person accomplishes. Thus, Reagan defeats Mondale, Bush defeats Dukakis, Clinton defeats Bush, Clinton defeats Dole, Bush defeats Gore, Bush defeats Kerry, Obama defeats McCain, Obama defeats Romney, etc.

The inherent sliding nature of the gray zone is predicated on: 1) How much is the public tired of the current/last guy, 2) How crazy is the current candidate from the last guy's party.

As the full effects of Obamacare take hold over the next couple years, directly hitting people in the wallet and turning middle class people into barely middle class and barely middle class people into the working poor, the Republicans will have a good environment to capitalize on frustration over Obama's policies, thus enabling a more conservative candidate to garner greater appeal to the centrists. But they'll blow it if they waste their time acting like an 4 year old, which is how the vast majority 21st century politicians in America tend to act, if the Democratic candidate manages to at least act like a teenager.

Cruz has the support of 4% of Republicans.

Tied with Rick Perry.

He is out there to take flak in preparation for Jeb's nomination.

He will be handsomely rewarded by President Bush III.

No he won't

Cruz intends to be a pain in the ass to Jeb. Attack him relentlessly as Jeb tries to construct a winning coalition. This will establish Cruz as the "True Conservative" in the party and allow him to lay claim to the base

we know that you want Jeb to be the candidate because you think HRC can beat him. We get it winger. Now STFU and go back to sleep.

Nope.

Can I be honest with you Republicans on this board? You are not too hard to figure out. You ALWAYS go with the most obvious candidate...that is why you are conservative. You do not take chances

While I have often been wrong about who the eventual Democratic candidate will be (Carter, Dukakis, Clinton, Obama) I am never wrong about the eventual Republican candidate

The last time Republicans thought outside the box with their candidate was Goldwater 50 years ago

care to put some money on that?

Redfish, you are blowing again: tell us exactly how Cruz is like our Founders. He is of Cuban descent, so that would exclude him right there.
The Jakeass just shows how much of a racist he is attacking a Hispanic.... you would have though he would learn!....All the subversive show just how much they really are RACIST against a Hispanic... take that to the bank!

Knowing diversity is our strength its easy to predict a Cruz victory over a very whitebread field from both parties.

Cruz did not even acknowlege that there is a moderate vote

Even Cruz can crunch the numbers and see the 25% of Republicans who are true Conservatives. He knows that is not enough to get a nomination let alone win an election

But Cruz wants to control that 25%....that is where his power will be

That's because Moderates don't exist. They're simply LIBERALS who don't have the balls to admit what they are, or individuals who are too stupid/immoral to actually take a stance on anything (which makes them LIBERALS). Thus we have TWO Liberal Parties in the United States..... Dems and Republicans.

Cruz is attempting to set himself up with with support of Conservatives for the FUTURE, after the Dems and Repubs become one party and a new, CONSERVATIVE party rises from the ashes of the GOP.

If the Republicans want to win in 2016, or even have a reasonable showing, they will need to cater to Conservatives. The Moderates aren't going to vote for them anyway, and we Conservatives have reached a point currently where we're not really interested in anything the GOP has to offer either.

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

That is where Cruz's power will be

His platform is exactly like the platforms of the founders of this nation. How awful !

Laughing...

Oh God.........still laughing

No, no.....please stop

laugh at the constitution and the founders beliefs if you choose.

individual freedom
small federal govt
low taxes
individual responsibility
states rights
strong national defense
rule of law applied equally to everyone
growing economy
sound currency
freedom of speech
freedom of assembly
freedom of religion
"endowed by their creator"
"the pursuit of happiness"

All concepts that you libs hate. But you are out of sync with most of america. You had your turn and you screwed it up with the incompetent, lying obama.

individual freedom....All candidates support individual freedom
small federal govt....the founders never said anything about a small federal government
low taxes....the founders never said anything about low taxes
individual responsibility.....All candidates support individual responsibilities
states rights.....No candidate is opposed to states rights
strong national defense....Every candidate supports a strong national defense
rule of law applied equally to everyone......No shit
growing economy.....Every candidate supports
sound currency......Every candidate supports
freedom of speech......Every candidate supports
freedom of assembly......Every candidate supports
freedom of religion......Every candidate supports
"endowed by their creator".......Not in the Constitution
"the pursuit of happiness".......Not in the Constitution

I believe he's entered the race to prove his value to other candidates.

His eye is on Attorney General position. The love of his life is law. Cruz has the most knock em dead resume of anyone out there for the position.

And anyone who underestimates him is a bloody fool.

All this from the party of Biden, Obama, Pelosi, Waters, Hank Johnson, Wasserman-Schultz, etc.? I think they have no room calling anyone an
"idiot".

No he won't

Nope.

care to put some money on that?

I went through this in 2012 where all conservative posters welched on their election bets
Fool me once....

I believe he's entered the race to prove his value to other candidates.

His eye is on Attorney General position. The love of his life is law. Cruz has the most knock em dead resume of anyone out there for the position.

And anyone who underestimates him is a bloody fool.

You could be right there... he is impeccably credentialed....

Yeah the GOP has been trying to win the moderate vote for over a decade. We see how successful that has been.

I love it when people who hate the GOP tries to tell it how to win an election.

I'll ask you what none of you RWnuts have ever been able to answer. Which conservatives could have done better than McCain or Romney?

In Ted Cruz's announcement yesterday it became clear that he has no intentions of ever being President. Ted knows he is the smartest person in the room, so he knows that his rightwing platform has no hope of winning

Anyone seriously running knows they need to gain the moderate vote in order to win. At no point in yesterdays speech did Cruz conced there was a middle ground on any issue.

So, what is Cruz doing?

He is staking out that he, and he alone is the true Conservative in the party. Let Rand Paul or any other conservative try to build a winning coalition and Cruz will attack them for abandoning conservatism

Cruz wants to be crowned the King of Conservatives for the next 20 years. Let all Republican candidates bow before him as he dictates what positions they must take to gain conservative support

No! The GOP can win with a pure Conservative Candidate. We've been told that for decades. Now's the time to see it happen.

It sure would be nice to see one. I mean running Bob Dole against Clinton? Mavericky McCain? Romney?

Romney played to independents. He lost. Damn the idiot didn't play to the conservative base at all. Many still came out for him as an anti Obama vote, but to give you some numbers 4 million evangelicals stayed home.

So, what is Cruz doing?

It sure would be nice to see one. I mean running Bob Dole against Clinton? Mavericky McCain? Romney?

Romney played to independents. He lost. Damn the idiot didn't play to the conservative base at all. Many still came out for him as an anti Obama vote, but to give you some numbers 4 million evangelicals stayed home.

Name some names of who would have done better or STFU

Mainstream thinking GOP want Jeb because he can beat HRC.

None of the far right candidates have a chance.

Possibly Walker, Rand, and Kasich. No one else.

Mainstream GOP made McCain the candidate--------------------nuff said.
NO!!!! Mainstream MEDIA made McCain the candidate!
Remember GOP leadership think they have to have MSM blessing and BEFORE nominated McCain was MSM darling.
But McCain was a MSM stalking horse! The MSM wanted this weakling pleasing to the GOP leadership to run against the first black president!
YEA... the GOP leadership still OLD Rockefeller followers!
How weak and mewling must the GOP be if MSM selecrts its candidates. If so, then you sillies of the far reactionary thug right will never get your candidate.

healthmyths, think, please.

So, what is Cruz doing?

Cruz has no shot because he has hitched his wagon to far right religious conservatives. A voting bloc that stayed home because they could not stomach the idea of voting for a Mormon...
I assume that due to his Latino heritage Cruz is a Roman Catholic....Well, as much as Cruz wants to believe he can energize the Evangelical vote, I got news for him. Baptists, and other protestants don't care much for Catholics.
Mainstream conservatives have marginalized the far right wing as they too do not want anything to do with the stifling and suffocating ideology of the Christian Right.
IMO the far right is every bit as nasty closed minded and useful idiot as the far left.

No he won't

Nope.

Nope
Yep. Without a doubt.

Try to energize the base during the primaries.

Try to move towards the middle during the presidential election.

It should be a familiar M.O. by now.

Forum List

Back