Teacher in Ireland arrested and put in prison for not using woke pronouns

Wouldn't his business be to teach the subjects he was contracted for? If he didn't want to use the preferred pronouns just call this person by their name?

Then why bring up the pronouns in the first place? He surely didn't bring up the subject.

It's the same discussion, and when you force him to deny reality you make it his business, and everyone else's.
It really isnt. The child, parents and school have already decided the issue. The kid has rights.
Your nutty prejudices are worth fuck all in this case. Neither is the crazed view of the hate filled teacher.

No; he was accused of "Gross Misconduct" and no way does it meet the requirements of the Law in Ireland. The Board perjured itself by claiming that was grounds to stop him from doing his job.

Greg
It would surely be very unusual for the school to make what you are saying is an obvious mistake, We don't know much about it. I know in Scotland we take into account emotional violence as well as physical and possibly there was some of that. Whatever the situation it says in the article that he is in jail for coming into school many times after he was told not to. At a guess he is hoping to make a case which will then give all 'Christians' who can't cope with someone changing gender the ability to torment and humiliate any they do come across. Possibly before the cat was out of the bag about the Catholic Church this might have happened. Now possibly less likely. I do not see a school, in particular a Christian school making a case which cannot happen and again he is charged with going to school again and again regardless of the number of times he was told not to. That is what this charge is. The school after its review may bring other charges.

The student wanted to be addressed in that manner. The school has a policy supporting it. He burred up about it instead of just using their name and citizen or they (I always liked the idea of addressing everyone as Citizen Bob). Then he got weird.

Trespassing on a school is bad, mkay... Ask the Wife's ex husband. He couldn't tell you how many police it would take to take him to jail, but he could tell you how many they brought...

The whole thing is retarded, SJW woke sex fetishism devolved down to children.

The child is being abused, that you consider this normal just shows what a sick fuck you are.
That is your crazed opinion. If you refuse to accept the basic facts of the situation I am not sure you have any part in the conversation.

Basically this is ,science,morality,parents and educators versus a few random religious nuts.

we could discuss whether it is age appropriate but lets face it you dont want that convesration either. So suck it up.

That is your crazed opinion. If you refuse to accept the basic facts of the situation I am not sure you have any part in the conversation.

Basically this is ,science,morality,parents and educators versus a few random religious nuts.

we could discuss whether it is age appropriate but lets face it you dont want that convesration either. So suck it up.

It ain't crazed, what's crazed is injecting a fetish into childrearing and education.

There is no science in this, it is some sick twisted devotion to ignoring reality and creating another protected class as early as possible. Ignoring basic biology and overall morality.

I don't give a fuck what a person does after they are 18 to themselves, but under that even the parents don't have a right to support this shit.

ON the flip side, its their right to have them addressed in the manner they choose. The school supports this. He objected - thats fine. But he can't trespass multiple times onto a campus.

Or he can, and keep getting arrested for it, that's the whole point of civil disobedience.

The child pretending to be a different gender is the child’s opinion. It is not a fact.

If they want to do that ok. Doesn't hurt anyone but them.

It hurts the kids. when they say you can "reverse" puberty blockers, all you are reversing is the actual process of blocking the hormones, there is no evidence that development that should have been happening at the time the blockers were used is "made up" if they are stopped.

Right it hurts those kids but no one else.

The exact issue, however, is merely how to refer to the person, and he has no right to contradict the will of the parents and the student, as supported by the school.

And it hurts those kids influenced by peer pressure to think the same thing, led on by teachers and school administrators, as well as sick parents who want their kids to be the new trendy thing.

So if the parents want the kids arm chopped off, the teacher has to accept that?

Yes unless he has the right in his employment contract to discuss medical procedures, or has a duty under local jurisdiction to report to report it.

Neither of those is this case. Its merely how they want to be called. Unless he has a provision in his employment contract which gives him language vetoes, he's out of line and could be fired if disobeying orders from his superior. Tresspassing therefter is illegal and as its a school should be penalized to the fullest extent of the law.

That's arguing about the soot being left behind after the fire burned down the building.

The whole Trans craze is the fire, things like this are the soot.

I wasn't born yet.

The guy violated a court order why do you think people who break the law shouldn't be arrested?
I don't have a problem with his arrest or even incarceration IF the Proximal cause is valid. Then it becomes a bit murky if it is not. Using "gross misconduct" because he didn't follow a Principal's "suggestion" IS what is at the centre of the problem. It will be interesting to see if that calumny holds up in Court.

Greg

If the pupil identifies as a girl then she should be addressed as such. If they maintain thta they are a King or whatever then they are obviously not.

Growing up is tough and the last thing that kids need is bullying by some religious nut case.
The catholic church has no credibility in child protection given that it is the biggest paedo organisation in the world.
It's an Anglican School you doofus!!!

Greg

The student wanted to be addressed in that manner. The school has a policy supporting it. He burred up about it instead of just using their name and citizen or they (I always liked the idea of addressing everyone as Citizen Bob). Then he got weird.

Trespassing on a school is bad, mkay... Ask the Wife's ex husband. He couldn't tell you how many police it would take to take him to jail, but he could tell you how many they brought...
It was NOT the School's policy at all; it was the Principal's "suggestion"; an offer he couldn't refuse. That he did is NOT a case of Gross Misconduct according to the Labour Laws.............imo.

Greg

Yes unless he has the right in his employment contract to discuss medical procedures, or has a duty under local jurisdiction to report to report it.

Neither of those is this case. Its merely how they want to be called. Unless he has a provision in his employment contract which gives him language vetoes, he's out of line and could be fired if disobeying orders from his superior. Tresspassing therefter is illegal and as its a school should be penalized to the fullest extent of the law.
No; the matter of "gross misconduct" is the issue. According to the Law it does NOT meet the standard. It was an arbitrarily imposed "suggestion".

Greg

That is definitely an opinion.

The more relevant fact is that now no school will hire him, because he is a wack job who tresspassed multiple time onto a school.
No; the issue of being charged with "gross misconduct" is already a career killer. Frankly the charge is a misuse of Authority and I would be surprised if it isn't a court payout....though it is Ireland; not quite the US Culture of suing.

Greg

It would surely be very unusual for the school to make what you are saying is an obvious mistake, We don't know much about it. I know in Scotland we take into account emotional violence as well as physical and possibly there was some of that. Whatever the situation it says in the article that he is in jail for coming into school many times after he was told not to. At a guess he is hoping to make a case which will then give all 'Christians' who can't cope with someone changing gender the ability to torment and humiliate any they do come across. Possibly before the cat was out of the bag about the Catholic Church this might have happened. Now possibly less likely. I do not see a school, in particular a Christian school making a case which cannot happen and again he is charged with going to school again and again regardless of the number of times he was told not to. That is what this charge is. The school after its review may bring other charges.
A
Right it hurts those kids but no one else.

The exact issue, however, is merely how to refer to the person, and he has no right to contradict the will of the parents and the student, as supported by the school.
Why would we allow a kid to hurt themselves??

Greg

Forum List

Back