Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

Public Schools are the devil.

You better believe it....I pity the children there
Yeah...imagine all those kids becoming educated...the devil.

No bodecea...that's not what I mean

I mean to deny the students deny the existence of GOD?

I prefer to be uneducated if that's how it's going to be.
And we know that is what happened? I did a little digging. DId you know that the teacher is a christian too? How do you know that the teacher even picked the assignment, that it isn't some common core mumble jumbo they have to teach concerning "critical thinking" now?

Not everyone who says they are a Christian is a Christian, Bodey. Do you have anything else?
So...now this teacher will not only be villified, her declared faith in christianity will be bashed.

Fascinating how this works.....just like this book: Nothing but the Truth: A Documentary Novel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stop shoving "Nothing But The Truth" ok? you have posted it like 25 times.

Enough OK?

How pathetic. Schools should be eliminated as kids can educate themselves now with Internec so readily available. The schools really contribute nothing constructive. It's one more needless administrative structure which sucks up taxpayer dollars and provides zero benefits. Good riddance!

Then how come you haven't learned anything from the Internec [sic]?

Seriously, that sounds like what Lil Glenny Beck said - that kids should be taken out of school and taught by their grandparents.

While other countries educate their people, the American right continues its Race To The Bottom.

Please forgive my typo. I'm sure you've never made one...

And we know that is what happened? I did a little digging. DId you know that the teacher is a christian too? How do you know that the teacher even picked the assignment, that it isn't some common core mumble jumbo they have to teach concerning "critical thinking" now?

Not everyone who says they are a Christian is a Christian, Bodey. Do you have anything else?
So...now this teacher will not only be villified, her declared faith in christianity will be bashed.

Fascinating how this works.....just like this book: Nothing but the Truth: A Documentary Novel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stop shoving "Nothing But The Truth" ok? you have posted it like 25 times.

Enough OK?
Only about 3 times...I just read it...it could have been about this scenerio...it's so similar.

If true, the teacher demonstrated poor judgment at the very least, and at worst abused her position of authority over children to threaten and intimidate them. She crossed a professional line if she went beyond expressing her beliefs and/or asking the students to volunteer their beliefs. Pressuring them to feel compelled to answer in a way to satisfy the teacher out of fear of retaliation is teaching little more than submission to people in power.

Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” Wooley told board members,” according to EAG News.

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble. When I tried to argue, she told me to prove it, and I tried to reference things such as the Bible and stories I have read before from people who have died and went to heaven but came back and told their stories, and she told me both were just things people were doing to get attention.”

“I know it wasn’t just me who was affected by it. My friend, she went home and started crying. She was supposed to come with me but she didn’t know if she could” because she was so upset, Wooley said.”

The march of radical Marxist ass holes has only just begun. This is just a start, much worse is yet to come.

Which God?

Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” Wooley told board members,” according to EAG News.

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble. When I tried to argue, she told me to prove it, and I tried to reference things such as the Bible and stories I have read before from people who have died and went to heaven but came back and told their stories, and she told me both were just things people were doing to get attention.”

“I know it wasn’t just me who was affected by it. My friend, she went home and started crying. She was supposed to come with me but she didn’t know if she could” because she was so upset, Wooley said.”

The march of radical Marxist ass holes has only just begun. This is just a start, much worse is yet to come.

How the fuck do you get to "Marxism" out of that? :cuckoo:

Marxists are atheists.

If true, the teacher demonstrated poor judgment at the very least, and at worst abused her position of authority over children to threaten and intimidate them. She crossed a professional line if she went beyond expressing her beliefs and/or asking the students to volunteer their beliefs. Pressuring them to feel compelled to answer in a way to satisfy the teacher out of fear of retaliation is teaching little more than submission to people in power.

The key words being "if true". Seeing a link to something called "EAGNews" for me sends up an immediate red flag. Checking around for a genuine news source provided this from a local TV station, suggesting an exercise in thinking skills got somewhat embellished here.

"Yesterday, October 26, at the end of the school day, two West Memorial Junior High parents contacted the school's principal to share their concern over a classroom activity that they felt questioned students' religious beliefs. The school principal immediately responded to the parents by informing them that she would investigate and meet with the teacher the following morning. At the conclusion of the investigation today, the principal determined that the classroom activity included an item that was unnecessary for achieving the instructional standard. The activity, which was intended to encourage critical thinking skills and dialogue by engaging students in an exercise wherein they identified statements as fact, opinion, or common assertion was not intended to question or challenge any student's religious beliefs as reported by some media outlets.

The teacher is distraught by this incident, as some commentary has gone as far as to vilify her without knowing her, her Christian faith, or the context of the classroom activity. Still, this does not excuse the fact that this ungraded activity was ill-conceived and because of that, its intent had been misconstrued. As a result, the activity will no longer be used by the school, and appropriate personnel action will be taken. The school regrets any misconceptions that may have resulted from this teacher-developed classroom activity and assures its school community that the religious beliefs of all students and staff are welcomed and valued at Memorial Junior High."
Methinks someone around this is playing loosely with facts.

Karl_Marx.jpg

Marxists are atheists.

Bullshit. Theism/atheism has nothing to do with economics.
Anyway the question was at the OP, who came up with this malarkey.

Public Schools are the devil.

You better believe it....I pity the children there

True. Just look at Jeri here.

This story stinks. Has the odor of 'fake' all over it

The key words being "if true". Seeing a link to something called "EAGNews" for me sends up an immediate red flag. Checking around for a genuine news source provided this from a local TV station, suggesting an exercise in thinking skills got somewhat embellished here.

"Yesterday, October 26, at the end of the school day, two West Memorial Junior High parents contacted the school's principal to share their concern over a classroom activity that they felt questioned students' religious beliefs. The school principal immediately responded to the parents by informing them that she would investigate and meet with the teacher the following morning. At the conclusion of the investigation today, the principal determined that the classroom activity included an item that was unnecessary for achieving the instructional standard. The activity, which was intended to encourage critical thinking skills and dialogue by engaging students in an exercise wherein they identified statements as fact, opinion, or common assertion was not intended to question or challenge any student's religious beliefs as reported by some media outlets.

The teacher is distraught by this incident, as some commentary has gone as far as to vilify her without knowing her, her Christian faith, or the context of the classroom activity. Still, this does not excuse the fact that this ungraded activity was ill-conceived and because of that, its intent had been misconstrued. As a result, the activity will no longer be used by the school, and appropriate personnel action will be taken. The school regrets any misconceptions that may have resulted from this teacher-developed classroom activity and assures its school community that the religious beliefs of all students and staff are welcomed and valued at Memorial Junior High."

Karl_Marx.jpg
Watch....the teacher's gonna be thrown under the bus.

Why anyone would want to be a teacher now.....must be a masochist.

Be nice to hear the teacher's point of view instead of some emotional teenager on Facebook.

But you far-rightie dopes don't care.

"Marxist" --??? Are you fucking retarded?

Karl_Marx.jpg

Which is why I intentional began my post with those words. Regardless of her intent, I stand by my opinion that at the very least she exhibited poor judgment if she lacked the ability to consider the potential consequences of her lesson plan. I wouldn't give her a pass if she attempted to claim ignorance, because when she's entrusted with the overall well-being of her students, then she owes it to them to be more thoughtful.

7th Grade teacher trying to save us from ourselves. What a martyr. But what a blind fool as well.

It seems apparent that in most cases you cannot change the belief of an atheist (esp. a militant one) through reason or evidence. They may think they have "out debated" you, but what they avoid is always large, and what they address and answer to always sounds so corny or weak. I am miffed.

Karl_Marx.jpg

Which is why I intentional began my post with those words. Regardless of her intent, I stand by my opinion that at the very least she exhibited poor judgment if she lacked the ability to consider the potential consequences of her lesson plan. I wouldn't give her a pass if she attempted to claim ignorance, because when she's entrusted with the overall well-being of her students, then she owes it to them to be more thoughtful.

And you were correct to lead off with that phrase, but I'm not convinced the lesson actually went anything like the way it's characterized in the OP's link, which is apparently a blog by an activist gadfly in Michigan who from what I read fancies himself a James O'Keefe type.

Lotta posts show up here from very murky websites simply on the basis that the poster found a story he'd like to be true but didn't bother to vet or find from a real news source. I'm not at all convinced we have any idea what went down especially as introduced by a biased source. Can't take these hair-on-fire stories at face value.

that teacher should be removed on the grounds that bigotry, discrimination and bullying are not tolerated.

Karl_Marx.jpg

And you were correct to lead off with that phrase, but I'm not convinced the lesson actually went anything like the way it's characterized in the OP's link, which is apparently a blog by an activist gadfly in Michigan who from what I read fancies himself a James O'Keefe type.

Lotta posts show up here from very murky websites simply on the basis that the poster found a story he'd like to be true but didn't bother to vet or find from a real news source. I'm not at all convinced we have any idea what went down especially as introduced by a biased source. Can't take these hair-on-fire stories at face value.

True, but taking it even as a hypothetical truth to debate, there are plenty of people who would still think those actions of a teacher were justified. I would clearly not be one of them, and I say that as a parent of one grown child and another in HS, as well as a former teacher.

Karl_Marx.jpg

True, but taking it even as a hypothetical truth to debate, there are plenty of people who would still think those actions of a teacher were justified. I would clearly not be one of them, and I say that as a parent of one grown child and another in HS, as well as a former teacher.

I know you are, and I respect that. But for us to prattle on about a hypothetical story from a biased source serves no purpose. Right in between your post and my last one is yet another passerby (57) who's taking it at face value and fashioning a noose for this teacher. To me that's a bigger concern -- that so many are so willing to swallow what fits their agenda before even bothering to suss the story out or bothering to cast the vaguest suspicion that the story might not be what it purports to be.

And I bet the next post makes the same mistake....

Any chance there was a larger point to it than simply attacking kids' religious faith? Faith should be tested. Easy to have faith if no one ever disagrees with you about it, but what kind of faith is that?

Separation of Church and state. The teacher was wrong and should face the same discipline a teacher teaching religion would. Yes or no?

Forum List

Back