Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

How pathetic. Schools should be eliminated as kids can educate themselves now with Internec so readily available. The schools really contribute nothing constructive. It's one more needless administrative structure which sucks up taxpayer dollars and provides zero benefits. Good riddance!
Right...get rid of schools.........
Wellll...if they provide zero benefits...

A good lesson for those who want to bring back prayer to school

Prayer never left school, R.W.. There are students that pray at school every single day across America. The teachers might not pray in front of their students but there is still prayer in school. To remove prayer from school you'd have to first remove every single believer in Jesus Christ from school property. I have yet to see that happen.

note - If I am not mistaken the Muslim students are given a room to pray in at school during school hours.
Very true...it was never an issue of whether students could pray to themselves but whether a teacher could lead them in prayer

Notice the outrage when a teacher tells them there is no God?

If they were not outraged I'd be surprised, R.W.. The entire assignment was inappropriate. The teacher should be fired. She is obviously not qualified to teach.

Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” Wooley told board members,” according to EAG News.

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble. When I tried to argue, she told me to prove it, and I tried to reference things such as the Bible and stories I have read before from people who have died and went to heaven but came back and told their stories, and she told me both were just things people were doing to get attention.”

“I know it wasn’t just me who was affected by it. My friend, she went home and started crying. She was supposed to come with me but she didn’t know if she could” because she was so upset, Wooley said.”

The march of radical Marxist ass holes has only just begun. This is just a start, much worse is yet to come.

What was she crying for? Was it the first time it ever dawned on her? Must have been. It's hard when you realize you've been lied to.

Anyone who really believes and cries would be crying for the teacher because they might burn in hell.

Don't you think someone should hear all views or should the church own her mind?

Prayer never left school, R.W.. There are students that pray at school every single day across America. The teachers might not pray in front of their students but there is still prayer in school. To remove prayer from school you'd have to first remove every single believer in Jesus Christ from school property. I have yet to see that happen.

note - If I am not mistaken the Muslim students are given a room to pray in at school during school hours.
Very true...it was never an issue of whether students could pray to themselves but whether a teacher could lead them in prayer

If they were not outraged I'd be surprised, R.W.. The entire assignment was inappropriate. The teacher should be fired. She is obviously not qualified to teach.
Yeah...fire the teacher. We don't know what really happened...but fire the teacher. That'll teach her.

Public Schools are the devil.

You better believe it....I pity the children there
Yeah...imagine all those kids becoming educated...the devil.

No bodecea...that's not what I mean

I mean to deny the students deny the existence of GOD?

I prefer to be uneducated if that's how it's going to be.
And we know that is what happened? I did a little digging. DId you know that the teacher is a christian too? How do you know that the teacher even picked the assignment, that it isn't some common core mumble jumbo they have to teach concerning "critical thinking" now?

Any chance there was a larger point to it than simply attacking kids' religious faith?

I suspect more will come out, like this teacher was either grotesquely misunderstood or she is a wack job.

Faith should be tested.

But not by public school teachers that we leave our children with each day under penalty of law.

Easy to have faith if no one ever disagrees with you about it, but what kind of faith is that?

I dont know. I think peace and prosperity is one of the harshest trials of faith ever, and such periods of time leads to more loss of faith, loss of a religious dimension to peoples lives.
Do you want it to be illegal for kids to mention God in school? Then you can't ban atheism.

So if a kid brings up God as if God is a fact, I think it's cool to challenge such a ridiculous assumption.

Would you accept the Koran or book of Mormons as evidence? Course not.

Being forced to consider faith and belief I came up with this in school. College, not 7th grade though :)

"Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." But I say, "The unchallenged faith is not worth sharing. For just as vigorous exercise causes microscopic tears in muscle, and fractures in bones which then grow back stronger than before, so does having our faith in things challenged, struck, shaken, and scutinized, after which, it reforms stronger precisely because it was attacked.""

Sometimes you share things that simply fascinate me, Mr. Delta! This is one of those times!

Most people would agree a teacher that doesn't challange preconceived notions is the one who isn't fit to teach. If people are so convinced God exists, and their faith is sincere, no one who questions it or doubts it should be threatened. Like I said, if your faith is never in question it's easy to have, but not really faith.

And we know that is what happened? I did a little digging. DId you know that the teacher is a christian too? How do you know that the teacher even picked the assignment, that it isn't some common core mumble jumbo they have to teach concerning "critical thinking" now?

I am on a forum answering posts.

And this topic I know happens only to frequently in public schools.

Not everyone who says they are a Christian is a Christian, Bodey. Do you have anything else?

How pathetic. Schools should be eliminated as kids can educate themselves now with Internec so readily available. The schools really contribute nothing constructive. It's one more needless administrative structure which sucks up taxpayer dollars and provides zero benefits. Good riddance!

Then how come you haven't learned anything from the Internec [sic]?

Seriously, that sounds like what Lil Glenny Beck said - that kids should be taken out of school and taught by their grandparents.

While other countries educate their people, the American right continues its Race To The Bottom.

Not everyone who says they are a Christian is a Christian, Bodey. Do you have anything else?
So...now this teacher will not only be villified, her declared faith in christianity will be bashed.

Fascinating how this works.....just like this book: Nothing but the Truth: A Documentary Novel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fits the thing about the teacher had problems with the thing and that there may have been a bigger point to the exercise.

Forum List

Back