Taxpayers Still Funding Planned Parenthood

Omnibus still allows America's largest abortion provider to collect hundreds of millions

"American taxpayers will continue to pay Planned Parenthood hundreds of millions of dollars each year despite Republican pledges to defund the nation's largest abortion organization, sparking criticism from pro-life activists.

Planned Parenthood receives more than $500 million each year from American taxpayers, while performing more than 300,000 abortions. Congressional Republicans pushed legislation steering that money away from the organization in order to fund local female health clinics during the Obama administration—an effort that surged in the wake of revelations about its organ harvesting operations—only to be met with opposition from the Democratic White House. Many Republicans campaigned on the issue in 2016, and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan pledged to defund Planned Parenthood in January 2017, but nothing has come of those promises despite GOP control of the White House and both chambers of Congress.

The $1.3 trillion omnibus spending bill was seen as the prime opportunity to strike at Planned Parenthood, which received $543.7 million from taxpayers last year, about 40 percent of its $1.46 billion revenue stream. Republicans, however, did not include the defunding measure in the final bill, as negotiations over a proposed border wall and federal funding for a New York City tunnel took center stage. The negotiations over the massive spending package amounted to a failure, according to pro-life activists."

....and after 'screwing over' their Conservative constituents' again by continuing to fund baby-parts-selling Planned Parenthood....the GOP gave themselves a BONUS in the 1.3 Trillion new debt bill.....

Isn't that special...?!

Taxpayers Still Funding Planned Parenthood

Taxpayers may be helping fund Planned Parenthood - but they are NOT funding abortions. If you disagree - please provide "credible" proof.
I would rather them fund abortions than give away tax payer money to help elect politicians.

That is their right. Would you rather they helped Republicans? Please provide "credible" proof that they use any taxpayer money to help elect politicians.
They shouldnt help anyone with tax payer money. What is wrong with you?
Planned Parenthood: All Recipients | OpenSecrets

Who do they "help" with "taxpayer" money? You do know that tax money is not their only source of income, right?

From you link: "This table lists candidates receiving money from this organization in 2015-2016. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals may include subsidiaries and affiliates." (Emphasis in the original)

There is Planned Parenthood the 501(c)3 and Planned Parenthood Action Fund 501(c)(4)

Just like there is the NRA and NRA PAC and AARP and the AARP PAC.

PAC money comes from denotations, PP (501,c,3) can't be donated to politicians.

>>>>

Not only is PP in the business of killing the unborn and selling body parts but it seems that they are politically involved in the mobilization of school kids in the gun control issue.
Its only 3% of their business so someone that is making the decisions needs to be fired. They wont make much if they dont step it up.
:777::21::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Taxpayers may be helping fund Planned Parenthood - but they are NOT funding abortions. If you disagree - please provide "credible" proof.
Money is fungible. So of course taxpayers are funding abortions at PP. Basic economics, man.

I'll wait here while you Google "fungible".

If you need ten dollars for food and cigarettes, and you only have five dollars, you are going to have to go without one or the other. Probably cigarettes, since food is a necessity. It depends how powerful your addiction to abortions cigarettes is.

If I give you five dollars and say, "You can only spend this on women's health services food", you now have ten dollars (your five dollars and the five dollars I gave you) and are able to buy food AND cigarettes.

So my five dollars, even though earmarked for food, helped you buy cigarettes.

Just so with federal funding of Planned Parenthood. It enables them to perform abortions.

Money is fungible.

If I "defunded" you and took my five dollars back, you would get this fungibility principle the moment your nicotine withdrawals kicked in and you had to decide between buying food or cigarettes. You could no longer buy both.

Take away PP's federal funding, and they will have to decide between abortions and women's health services.

From you link: "This table lists candidates receiving money from this organization in 2015-2016. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals may include subsidiaries and affiliates." (Emphasis in the original)

There is Planned Parenthood the 501(c)3 and Planned Parenthood Action Fund 501(c)(4)

Just like there is the NRA and NRA PAC and AARP and the AARP PAC.

PAC money comes from denotations, PP (501,c,3) can't be donated to politicians.

>>>>
is planned parenthood los angeles and planned parenthood north texas a PAC?
I do see where you are going but they have the PPAF as its own column with many other programs listed.

The way to reduce abortions is to get people to use birth control. Half of all abortions, literally half, are because no birth control was used by the people who ended up with an unwanted pregnancy.

Another fifth are the result of the improper or irregular use of birth control.

So why can't we all get together on this instead of allowing the extremists of both sides to control the debate?

The way to reduce abortions is to get people to use birth control. Half of all abortions, literally half, are because no birth control was used by the people who ended up with an unwanted pregnancy.

Why should we reduce abortions?

Take your pick. Abortion is a spiritual, economic, emotional, and physical evil.

so you can bitch about what a drain poor kids are on the economy and cut their social benefits and health insurance down to nothing - why else.

so you can bitch about what a drain poor kids are on the economy and cut their social benefits and health insurance down to nothing - why else.
If more people start using the pill instead of abortion as their birth control, how does that translate to more poor kids?

Exactly poor people and stupid peoples kids. Abort them. Kill the genetic line.

If more people start using the pill instead of abortion as their birth control, how does that translate to more poor kids?

it wont, but it wont stop RW's from cutting their social services and insurance - or trying to just like always.

it wont, but it wont stop RW's from cutting their social services and insurance - or trying to just like always.
Let me see if I understand this.

More people using the pill won't lead to more poor kids, but you think the RW's will cut funding to these non-existing poor kids. Because...RW's are heartless creeps who hate non-existent kids. I don't know. I lose you here.

Let me see if I understand this.

More people using the pill won't lead to more poor kids, but you think the RW's will cut funding to these non-existing poor kids. Because...RW's are heartless creeps who hate non-existent kids. I don't know. I lose you here.

when havent RW's complained about poor kids and insisted cutting their benefits ?

bitch about abortions- bitch about paying for kids living ..

SSDD

I do see where you are going but they have the PPAF as its own column with many other programs listed.

Your link said: ""This table lists candidates receiving money from this organization in 2015-2016. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, ..."

So one would assume that Planned Parenthood North Texas would be the Planned Parenthood North Texas Action PAC.

PAC Lookup | OpenSecrets

>>>>

Your link said: ""This table lists candidates receiving money from this organization in 2015-2016. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, ..."

So one would assume that Planned Parenthood North Texas would be the Planned Parenthood North Texas Action PAC.

PAC Lookup | OpenSecrets

>>>>
Then why did they have them in separate brackets?

If you need ten dollars for food and cigarettes, and you only have five dollars, you are going to have to go without one or the other. Probably cigarettes, since food is a necessity. It depends how powerful your addiction to abortions cigarettes is.

If I give you five dollars and say, "You can only spend this on women's health services food", you now have ten dollars (your five dollars and the five dollars I gave you) and are able to buy food AND cigarettes.

So my five dollars, even though earmarked for food, helped you buy cigarettes.

Just so with federal funding of Planned Parenthood. It enables them to perform abortions.

Money is fungible.

If I "defunded" you and took my five dollars back, you would get this fungibility principle the moment your nicotine withdrawals kicked in and you had to decide between buying food or cigarettes. You could no longer buy both.

Take away PP's federal funding, and they will have to decide between abortions and women's health services.
I disagree....for several reasons....although your argument seems logical, I don't think it quite works that way.

Planned Parenthod gets money two ways from the Federal Government.

The absolute largest amount of money they get, is from MEDICAID patients who receive medical care and procedures like pap smears and breast exams or prenatal care among many other medical procedures that MEDICAID is authorized to pay for....

So, most ALL of planned parenthood federal money comes from reimbursement for people on MEDICAID.... if these patients went to a private gyno's office, the private doctor would be reimbursed the exact same amount of money as planned parenthood got for the same reimbursable procedures.

This has absolutely nothing to do with abortions, even though the gynecologist may also do abortions in his office as a private doctor, you are not calling for his reimbursement for MEDICAID patient charges to be stopped, are you?

Second, the other money that some planned parenthood gets is from aTitle grant, that is mandatory for every State to have....that provides rubbers and birth control pills to the very poorest..... many planned parenthood clinics are NOT given funds for this, because they are not the designated clinic of the State for this......

if memory serves, New Jersey can be an example....none of their planned parenthoods get this TITLE grant money because the State of New Jersey has opened their own clinics for this purpose, and the State of New Jersey is getting the Federal grant money for this and not any of their PP clinics.

And lastly, the women who go to planned parenthood to have abortions, PAY FOR their own abortions.... it is not free and has never been free...

Some of the women have insurance that covers the cost as well.

And, if for any reason it is a very poor person, who can not afford to pay planned parenthood,

Planned parenthood connects them with a Charity that provides money for an abortion for the indigent or very poor if they meet the charity's criteria to qualify. No tax payer money is used or can be used and it is not tied in to medicaid reimbursement, it is all from donations of the charity, if the person can not afford to pay for the abortion from PP.

So, in the case of PP, I don't think your example fits what actually happens and how it all works...

Forum List

Back