Taxation in America

the Chicago Chief of Police was fired, his pension will pay him 187k for the rest of his life. 100 times more money than he put in. dude, stop with the stupid.
Who gave the city retirees such outrageous pensions?
We need a federal law that limits pensions to a multiple of their salary.
Better yet, eliminate "defined benefit" pensions and only allow 401Ks, so there are no future payments.

Why shouldn't American Workers have good pensions?

Only allow 401k's? How did your 401k do over the past two days?

Pensions are a thing of the past. What companies used to do is fire or layoff the worker right before they had enough time in to collect the pension. I seen that at a company I once worked for. People spend their entire life at a place doing a good job, and because they had a pension with the company from many years ago, they lose their job.

That's why Unions are so important.

If they had a union, they probably would have had to close down due to foreign competition. That's why unions can't survive in today's America.

Private Unions can't survive in today's America because investors want mo' money.

Who gave the city retirees such outrageous pensions?
We need a federal law that limits pensions to a multiple of their salary.
Better yet, eliminate "defined benefit" pensions and only allow 401Ks, so there are no future payments.

Pensions are a thing of the past. What companies used to do is fire or layoff the worker right before they had enough time in to collect the pension. I seen that at a company I once worked for. People spend their entire life at a place doing a good job, and because they had a pension with the company from many years ago, they lose their job.

If they had a union, they probably would have had to close down due to foreign competition. That's why unions can't survive in today's America.

Private Unions can't survive in today's America because investors want mo' money.

No, they can't survive due to technology and foreign competition. Hell....even McDonald's and Wendy's are investing in it. As pay demands increase, and technology becomes more affordable, there is no reason in some instances to pay a worker even minimum wage today. Again, not all industry, but some.

So when you burden a business with more costs because of unions, what you do is make that automation investment more attractive.

my 401ks and IRA's did just fine. you haven't a clue what a 401k is or even an IRA. too fking funny. Another no nothing posting stupid you are. And, you have no idea what a pension is.

Same here, our IRA survived and did very well during the recession. In fact, the recession greatly helped it. What the market is doing is irrelevant until you're ready to start collecting.

In 2008, your IRA had a median return of -30%. And it's happening yet again.

Yes it did. Our investment company took contributions, but didn't put it in the market. They waited until signals showed growth again. It was great. It was buying ten shares for the price of three. Thanks to that, my IRA is in pretty good shape now.

The DOW is down another 1,190.95 today. I hope you have a back-up plan.

Don't need one. What goes down must come up. It always has, and always will.

No, they can't survive due to technology and foreign competition. Hell....even McDonald's and Wendy's are investing in it. As pay demands increase, and technology becomes more affordable, there is no reason in some instances to pay a worker even minimum wage today. Again, not all industry, but some.

So when you burden a business with more costs because of unions, what you do is make that automation investment more attractive.

As I've explained to you before, technology hasn't advanced. The latest was the smart phone. Nothing since.

Foreign competition advanced because Nixon opened the flood gates. Then in 1975, investors saw how much foreign workers were paid and DEMANDED higher returns which today are +/- 50% of net, up from 15% of net in 1975.

McDonalds and Wendy's big technological advancements are how you pay. They don't have less employees. And no matter how you argue, McDonalds does not have a fully automated restaurant.

my 401ks and IRA's did just fine. you haven't a clue what a 401k is or even an IRA. too fking funny. Another no nothing posting stupid you are. And, you have no idea what a pension is.

Same here, our IRA survived and did very well during the recession. In fact, the recession greatly helped it. What the market is doing is irrelevant until you're ready to start collecting.

Yes it did. Our investment company took contributions, but didn't put it in the market. They waited until signals showed growth again. It was great. It was buying ten shares for the price of three. Thanks to that, my IRA is in pretty good shape now.

The DOW is down another Dow falls 350 points Friday to cap the worst week for Wall Street since the financial crisis

Is your company next?

More Trucking Carrier Layoffs: 61 Drivers Terminated, Terminal Operations Shuttered

The DOW is down another Dow falls 350 points Friday to cap the worst week for Wall Street since the financial crisis

Is your company next?

More Trucking Carrier Layoffs: 61 Drivers Terminated, Terminal Operations Shuttered
Hahaha hahaha

Is your company next?

Obviously you don't understand how the market works. It can't be measured by a few days or even a few weeks. 61 drivers lost their jobs, among the 30,000 drivers our industry is short of, and you think that's a sign of anything?

As I've explained to you before, technology hasn't advanced. The latest was the smart phone. Nothing since.

Foreign competition advanced because Nixon opened the flood gates. Then in 1975, investors saw how much foreign workers were paid and DEMANDED higher returns which today are +/- 50% of net, up from 15% of net in 1975.

McDonalds and Wendy's big technological advancements are how you pay. They don't have less employees. And no matter how you argue, McDonalds does not have a fully automated restaurant.

No they don't, but as more technology becomes affordable, you will see more of it. If such technology wipes out 10 jobs at one McDonalds, imagine the total when you combine all their franchises. There is no reason for a franchise owner to invest in technology if it didn't replace workers. So unless you have something reliable to prove your claim, it's hogwash. Eventually fast food restaurants will be run by four or five people instead of 30 with all shifts combined.

Is your company next?

Obviously you don't understand how the market works. It can't be measured by a few days or even a few weeks. 61 drivers lost their jobs, among the 30,000 drivers our industry is short of, and you think that's a sign of anything?

Obviously you don't understand how the market works.

You lost 31% of your IRA's worth in 2008. It's taken 5-6 years to bring it back to the level of 2008. You lost any and all reinvestment for those 5-6 years. Now, within a week, you are about the same level of loss you had in 2008. Who you gonna blame for that?

61 drivers lost their jobs, among the 30,000 drivers our industry is short of, and you think that's a sign of anything?

You mean 61 MORE DRIVERS, which brings the total to what? The trucking industry is short 30,000 drivers? Than why were freight rates so bad in 2019?

Is your company next?

You lost 31% of your IRA's worth in 2008. It's taken 5-6 years to bring it back to the level of 2008. You lost any and all reinvestment for those 5-6 years. Now, within a week, you are about the same level of loss you had in 2008. Who you gonna blame for that?

61 drivers lost their jobs, among the 30,000 drivers our industry is short of, and you think that's a sign of anything?

You mean 61 MORE DRIVERS, which brings the total to what? The trucking industry is short 30,000 drivers? Than why were freight rates so bad in 2019?

What do you mean why were they so bad? You mean the cost of freight? Yeah, driver shortage has something to do with that. If you have to spend more money to attract drivers, that cost (like all business costs) get passed to the consumer.

I think you don't understand how the market works.

If my employer and I contribution was 60 dollars per week, and the company that handles our IRA is buying shares for 20 bucks each, that means they purchase three shares for every week I work. When the market goes down to let's say half, those shares now only cost ten bucks each. That means each week of our contributions, they buy six shares instead of three.

This goes on for a while, and by the time the market goes back up, I have all these extra shares that couldn't have been bought when the market was up and steady. Since I wasn't using my IRA anyway, I now have many more shares than I otherwise would have.

. If we all paid $4,500, that would pretty much balance the budget.

??? I get $15,000 for every person in the USA to get the $5 trillion the fed govt spends each year!
Double it to get what state local and federal spend.

Is your company next?

What do you mean why were they so bad? You mean the cost of freight? Yeah, driver shortage has something to do with that. If you have to spend more money to attract drivers, that cost (like all business costs) get passed to the consumer.

If my employer and I contribution was 60 dollars per week, and the company that handles our IRA is buying shares for 20 bucks each, that means they purchase three shares for every week I work. When the market goes down to let's say half, those shares now only cost ten bucks each. That means each week of our contributions, they buy six shares instead of three.

This goes on for a while, and by the time the market goes back up, I have all these extra shares that couldn't have been bought when the market was up and steady. Since I wasn't using my IRA anyway, I now have many more shares than I otherwise would have.

When you have to many trucks for the amount of freight, freight rates go down.

The value of your IRA dropped 28% since last week.

Yep, I know. But again, use it as an opportunity to invest now. The secret of market success is buy low and sell high. It will go back up again. What we are experiencing is the initial scare, fueled by the MSM who would do anything to see Trump defeated, even if it means destroying the economy.

Yep, I know. But again, use it as an opportunity to invest now. The secret of market success is buy low and sell high. It will go back up again. What we are experiencing is the initial scare, fueled by the MSM who would do anything to see Trump defeated, even if it means destroying the economy.

Not yet the time to buy. The virus will likely spread more, even if it doesn't it's the market isn't bouncing back right away.

When the hysteria reaches a peak, then it is a time to buy.

Not yet the time to buy. The virus will likely spread more, even if it doesn't it's the market isn't bouncing back right away.

When the hysteria reaches a peak, then it is a time to buy.

I didn't say it would bounce back immediately. If it would stop taking a dive, that would be an indicator when to get back in. Remember the jobs report should be out soon for February, and if that's a satisfactory report, that might speed things up a bit.

Are you drunk?

BTW....

HollyTax.jpg

Forum List

Back