tax cuts for wealthy dont stimulate the economy:study

He used hard exsisting data and shows the patterns in the hard exsisting data.

Its a real life study NOT some republicans blog

from 1950 to 1963 the top tax rate was over 90%.

that was a good economy and you people cant change these facts

Tax Cuts for Whom? Heterogeneous Macroeconomic Effects of Income & Payroll Tax Changes by Owen Zidar :: SSRN

it was right in the article

This paper investigates how tax changes for different income groups affect macroeconomic activity. Using historical tax return data from NBER’s TAXSIM, I construct a measure of who received (or who paid for) postwar tax changes for each income and payroll tax change that Romer & Romer (2010) classify as exogenous. At the national level, I aggregate tax changes for all taxpayers in the the bottom 90% and the top 10% of AGI and relate these aggregates to output, employment, and consumption growth. At the state level, I construct Bartik instruments for state tax shocks using national tax changes and each state’s share of high income taxpayers. If tax cuts for high income earners generate substantial economic activity, then states with a large share of high income taxpayers should grow faster following a tax cut for high income earners. I find that the negative relationship between tax changes and real GDP growth over a two year period is almost entirely driven by tax changes for the bottom 90%. The empirical relationship between tax cuts for the top 10% percent and job creation is negligible in magnitude, statistically insignificant, and much weaker than that of equivalently sized tax cuts for the bottom 90%.

You want a 90% tax rate? You need to sign all your assets over to Uncle Sam.

He'll take it I'm sure.

Hope you like the poorhouse.

According to his answer in the last presidential debates, obama knows that tax cuts stimulate the economy. He wants increased taxes, even if it means crippling the economy because it is fair.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jr3Ceu894]Barack Obama will raise Capital Gains Taxes...even if it means less tax revenue!! - YouTube[/ame]

Hey, while you're talking about tax rates, would you mind telling us what the tax rate is on the money you make posting here??

Thankies.

But raising taxes on them will make the economy soar won't it? lol

Actually it would. Instead of pissing away money on frivolous crap, the rich would become more inclined to maintain and grow their wealth for long term gains. That would result in more jobs for everyone else, and increase consumers that will add to the wealth of all.

What? :lmao:

You guys should really take an econ class or two....hell, it should be mandatory for any LOLberal.

Look at history and do the math. How many private sector jobs resulted from the Bush supply-side cuts? Oh, he actually lost private sector jobs. How many private sector jobs resulted from Clinton's tax increases? Go look it up and report back.

Actually it would. Instead of pissing away money on frivolous crap, the rich would become more inclined to maintain and grow their wealth for long term gains. That would result in more jobs for everyone else, and increase consumers that will add to the wealth of all.

What? :lmao:

You guys should really take an econ class or two....hell, it should be mandatory for any LOLberal.

Look at history and do the math. How many private sector jobs resulted from the Bush supply-side cuts? Oh, he actually lost private sector jobs. How many private sector jobs resulted from Clinton's tax increases? Go look it up and report back.

Increased taxes create jobs. Is that what you mean? A company that has to pay more money in taxes will hire more people.

Forum List

Back