tax cuts for wealthy dont stimulate the economy:study

Which tax cuts stimulate the economy? | Tax Break

“Almost all of the stimulative effect of tax cuts,” Zidar found, “results from tax cuts for the bottom 90 percent. A one percent of GDP tax cut for the bottom 90 percent results in 2.7 percentage points of GDP growth over a two-year period. The corresponding estimate for the top 10 percent is 0.13 percentage points and is insignificant statistically.”

Owen M. Zidar, a graduate economics student at the University of California at Berkeley

But raising taxes on them will make the economy soar won't it? lol

Actually it would. Instead of pissing away money on frivolous crap, the rich would become more inclined to maintain and grow their wealth for long term gains. That would result in more jobs for everyone else, and increase consumers that will add to the wealth of all.

Which tax cuts stimulate the economy? | Tax Break

“Almost all of the stimulative effect of tax cuts,” Zidar found, “results from tax cuts for the bottom 90 percent. A one percent of GDP tax cut for the bottom 90 percent results in 2.7 percentage points of GDP growth over a two-year period. The corresponding estimate for the top 10 percent is 0.13 percentage points and is insignificant statistically.”

Owen M. Zidar, a graduate economics student at the University of California at Berkeley

Owen M. Zidar

About me

I'm an Economics Ph.D. student at UC Berkeley focusing on public finance and labor economics. I recently worked at the Council of Economic Advisers on housing, finance, and tax policy.

I'm interested in fiscal policy issues such as the economic impacts of taxing the rich, the labor market effects of countercyclical investment subsidies, and the links between taxation and job creation. Methodologically, I am interested in using microeconometric approaches to address macroeconomic issues, especially in public finance.

But raising taxes on them will make the economy soar won't it? lol

Actually it would. Instead of pissing away money on frivolous crap, the rich would become more inclined to maintain and grow their wealth for long term gains. That would result in more jobs for everyone else, and increase consumers that will add to the wealth of all.

What? :lmao:

You guys should really take an econ class or two....hell, it should be mandatory for any LOLberal.

Forum List

Back