Targeting The Wrong Offices

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The basic party benches are the municipal and county councils. These are the seats that can be redistricted to give 60/40 splits for the party that runs the state house and Stalinesque victory totals in the districts for the party that is not in power.

This kind of strategy is what created the current weak bench for the Democratic party but there is much more that still needs doing after the 2020 census. The problem is that the GOP is coming down with a bad case of victory disease that will let the lunatics run the asylum again. Another Bush presidency would be nearly as bad as another Clinton or Obama getting in again. And the right is flirting with just that outcome. This needs to be corrected. Comments?

I don't know of any State that sets the districts for their municipalities. The cities and towns do that themselves.

I don't know of any State that sets the districts for their municipalities. The cities and towns do that themselves.

True and the municipal and county seats are what sets the tone for the entire state. It was outreach to the municipal and county redistricting in 2000 and 2010 that elected Trump. It is doing the same in the 2020 and 2030 that should be the focus.

True and the municipal and county seats are what sets the tone for the entire state. It was outreach to the municipal and county redistricting in 2000 and 2010 that elected Trump. It is doing the same in the 2020 and 2030 that should be the focus.

Have you got a link for that or is this your own theory?

Forum List

Back