Target, Walmart and 5 More Retailers Requiring Masks as Delta Variant Surges

Asked and answered

120,000 "breakthrough" infections out of 160 MILLION vaccinated
That is just starting.

You are downplaying the recent spike after July 4th and the fact kids are going back to school, and when the real spike happens all you will say no one would have thought this would happen!

And of course you will blame Trump…

That is just starting.

You are downplaying the recent spike after July 4th and the fact kids are going back to school, and when the real spike happens all you will say no one would have thought this would happen!

Predictions?

Because you folks have been so right in the past????

Ummm...no thanks

I know this may sound whacko.....BUT....

MAYBE, getting the infection while vaccinated with a much greater chance of survival or not getting really sick,

Could actually be a saving grace.... In the sense that natural antibodies, are stronger and likely with you for years if not decades,

But the vaccine antibodies wane with time and boosters are needed....

Small point here.

Vaccines don't contain antibodies. They contain particles that stimulate the bodies ability to produce the antibodies that fight the virus. In some cases, the vaccine is dead or inactivated virus. In other cases, it is the part of the virus that is an identifying marker.

It doesn't matter if it's exposure to the virus or it's a vaccine, the bodies defense will forget after a period of time if it hasn't seen the virus.

There is no "natural antibodies are stronger" because there are not "unnatural antibodies". If your body can't make the antibodies, the vaccine doesn't work. It depends on your bodies ability to recognize some molecule, a protein, on the virus then create antibodies against it.

I had the same misunderstanding but the other way round. Vaccines aren't antibiotics.

Antibiotics directly attack the bacteria, breaking down the cell membrane.

Vaccines teach the body what the virus looks like and the body produces the antibodies that attack the virus.

In my personal opinion this virus could be a blessing in disguise if the entire society removed it head from it arse!

Now you are wondering how the hell can that be true?

Simple, we need to revamp our public educational system and stream line it with three days in school and two days off campus with online courses.

We also need to revamp our way of working and do more work at home types of jobs that allow the parent or parents the ability to be there on those two days at home for their kids.

Now I understand that is impossible in the service industry, shipping industry and even the manufacturing industry but the WORLD need to adjust and change it direction.

I have never been a big fan of huge public schools and felt we needed to head to more online studies even before the pandemic but because society is so trained in one way it is impossible to shift them to another gear without missing a step or two.

Also I am not advocating that people shouldn’t get the vaccine nor am I saying no one should wear a mask but people live in this country and sadly we a free to be ignorant and stupid, well to a point!

So in the end America and the World must learn to adapt because if I am correct ( you better pray I am wrong as hell ) about the School openings this shit has not been real yet but is about to get real and those numbers we are seeing now will make us think those were the great times!

Just think that event that caused a super spreader back on July 4th 2021 saw a massive spike in Delta cases and many breakthrough cases, so now what do you think will happen when schools open?
I agree, we need to rethink everything! And be Boys Scouts, be PREPARED!

Covid is just the beginning from what I've read on the future Pandemic wave predicted by scientists prior to covid.... In this Global world, we are all tied together with primarily...countries without border....due to all the worldwide instantaneous travel....

I got a great public school and schools on Military bases education and wouldn't trade that in, for anything!

But my two nieces were both home schooled and they both turned out great...one in college, the other a little bit of a wild child but still smart as heck and ambitious....she's gonna be ok too. I worried when they first made the decision to homeschool them, so did the hubby.... But we were wrong.... My sister in law, did a great job....she is a Nurse, and stayed at home the 12 years and did not go back to nursing until the kids were done school....

BUT my nieces had a great program, they socialized with other home schooled children at least 2 to 3 times a week, with different events from sports to field trips to dances as they got older....they were not kept just under mama's thumb....

The oldest finishing college just married a boy from childhood who was home schooled and part of their activity group.

They were fortunate and pretty much had a good, normal life!

Not all families have that opportunity.

So, we need to revamp schools with pandemics in mind.... Super duper air filtration systems, larger class rooms, more laptops for home schooling when necessary on outbreaks, better at home schooling programs that work etc etc...

And businesses need a whole new outlook on how they can run their businesses during an outbreak efficiently by letting workers, work from home, or their businesses safer, with workers there...

Restaurants need to plan as well....in to more outdoor dining, air filtration of a high scale, for indoor dining, more takeout business and delivery- marketing programs created etc....

Outdoor sports stadiums half full, food served only in the stands and not at concession stands with lines.... Etc

We need to have contingency plans for all businesses, on how to run, under an outbreak....

If Delta hits us, my state will be in our FOURTH surge with mask mandates.

Masks didn't do a thing for the first surge, or the second. Or the third.

Won't do a thing for this one either. Because THEY DO NOT PROTECT against an airborne virus

Yeah, yo are so right. Masks don't work when you don't wear them. And vaccines don't work if you don't get them.

Just like seatbelts in cars don't work if you don't wear them.

Small point here.

Vaccines don't contain antibodies. They contain particles that stimulate the bodies ability to produce the antibodies that fight the virus. In some cases, the vaccine is dead or inactivated virus. In other cases, it is the part of the virus that is an identifying marker.

It doesn't matter if it's exposure to the virus or it's a vaccine, the bodies defense will forget after a period of time if it hasn't seen the virus.

There is no "natural antibodies are stronger" because there are not "unnatural antibodies". If your body can't make the antibodies, the vaccine doesn't work. It depends on your bodies ability to recognize some molecule, a protein, on the virus then create antibodies against it.

I had the same misunderstanding but the other way round. Vaccines aren't antibiotics.

Vaccines teach the body what the virus looks like and the body produces the antibodies that attack the virus.
Important point. These mRNA vaccines don't work that way. They don't contain those particles which trigger the immune response. They instruct your body to make trillions of spike proteins that look like the the virus and that triggers the immune response. And who knows what else. There is a traditional vaccine that works just as well, called Novavax -

"In this context, the success of the Novavax vaccine should be A1 news. The recent results confirm that it has roughly the same efficacy as the two authorized mRNA vaccines, with the added benefit of being based on an older, more familiar science. The protein-subunit approach used by Novavax was first implemented for the hepatitis B vaccine, which has been used in the U.S. since 1986. The pertussis vaccine, which is required for almost all children in U.S. public schools, is also made this way. Some of those people who have been wary of getting the mRNA vaccines may find Novavax more appealing."

From - The mRNA Vaccines Are Extraordinary, but Novavax Is Even Better

Yes, lightyears more appealing. It will be interesting to see if Novavax gets EUA or if they will make it sit on the shelf while the experimental treatments get priority and all the $$.

Some more reading on it:

That is just starting.

The July 4th spike was entirely expected. It was expected because we expected idiots to get together for July 4th super spreader events and infect each other. The hope was that by July 4th, enough people would be vaccinated that those July 4th gatherings wouldn't have a significant impact. But half the country refuses to wear masks, refuses to get vaccinated, and refuses to stay the f away from other people

.075%. 120k/160M is .075%. Vaccines depend on the body learning what the virus looks like and creating it's own anti bodies against it. Not everyone is able to produce antibodies equally well. There are always people for whom the vaccine is not as effective as others.

We blame you. You are a walking infection.

Small point here.

Thank you for the corrections and yes, I was very loose with my words....

I know the vaccine has no antibodies in it, but triggers the body to create them and yes, they are natural.... then they wane...

But those infected who have created antibodies against covid infection, have gone a year and a half now, and they still are going strong with little waning.... From all that I have read!

Asked and answered

120,000 "breakthrough" infections out of 160 MILLION vaccinated
But know, that number can only go up Lesh... Any new infections of the vaccinated will get added to it.... So far it's looking good, with infections lower in the vaccinated but we haven't had Delta Dawn Covid spreading for long....

The only guarantee promised is we are less likely to need hospitalizations and die from covid. Getting infected is a whole nuther story, imo.

But know, that number can only go up Lesh... Any new infections of the vaccinated will get added to it.... So far it's looking good, with infections lower in the vaccinated but we haven't had Delta Dawn Covid spreading for long....

The only guarantee promised is we are less likely to need hospitalizations and die from covid. Getting infected is a whole nuther story, imo.
There are far lower rates of infection and death for those who are vaccinated, even with the Delta variant

Get friggin vaccinated and yes...wear masks

Maybe while you're waiting for your applause you should go get some Advil for that muscle you probably pulled patting yourself on the back.
People like that need to remember that a pat on the back is only about 18 inches away from a kick in the ass.

I agree, we need to rethink everything! And be Boys Scouts, be PREPARED!

Covid is just the beginning from what I've read on the future Pandemic wave predicted by scientists prior to covid.... In this Global world, we are all tied together with primarily...countries without border....due to all the worldwide instantaneous travel....

I got a great public school and schools on Military bases education and wouldn't trade that in, for anything!

But my two nieces were both home schooled and they both turned out great...one in college, the other a little bit of a wild child but still smart as heck and ambitious....she's gonna be ok too. I worried when they first made the decision to homeschool them, so did the hubby.... But we were wrong.... My sister in law, did a great job....she is a Nurse, and stayed at home the 12 years and did not go back to nursing until the kids were done school....

BUT my nieces had a great program, they socialized with other home schooled children at least 2 to 3 times a week, with different events from sports to field trips to dances as they got older....they were not kept just under mama's thumb....

The oldest finishing college just married a boy from childhood who was home schooled and part of their activity group.

They were fortunate and pretty much had a good, normal life!

Not all families have that opportunity.

So, we need to revamp schools with pandemics in mind.... Super duper air filtration systems, larger class rooms, more laptops for home schooling when necessary on outbreaks, better at home schooling programs that work etc etc...

And businesses need a whole new outlook on how they can run their businesses during an outbreak efficiently by letting workers, work from home, or their businesses safer, with workers there...

Restaurants need to plan as well....in to more outdoor dining, air filtration of a high scale, for indoor dining, more takeout business and delivery- marketing programs created etc....

Outdoor sports stadiums half full, food served only in the stands and not at concession stands with lines.... Etc

We need to have contingency plans for all businesses, on how to run, under an outbreak....
Restaurants need to ditch the old model and go small and more of a roach coach style like I have been seeing popping up around where I live.

You can have outdoor seating and all that.

Banquet halls need to be the places for big events where catering from the banquet halls owner will be provided so you can space out the patrons easier, so you and I can agree on things like this but the World is refusing because they think this virus and future pandemics are just a joke.

As for schools it is my opinion that today public education is lacking many kids wouldn’t know Serbia from Louisiana and most of them don’t even know who the VP is, so the entire system need to be revamped and I agree more IPads or something like that is needed and some way to make sure the kids are learning.

Public schools and even private schools should be for the kids that fail to learn at home and those that can learn can stay at home which will cut the amount of kids at school down a lot, well hopefully.

The issue you pointed to is the social interaction that schools bring, so society will need events for kids every few days to social act with each other.

In the end we both know this is just the start and those mocking me will discover I am not the one making the mistake here even if I am a little overboard with my comments…

The fact is we have yet to see the real spike and that is coming in the next two months and let hope I am wrong but if I am not then people might then take this stuff seriously!

Climate control. Trying to slow down what man is contributing to the problem.
Since when are we against emissions?
Carbon emissions have been dropping since 2004.
What we are not for is hokum and draconian measures to tax people in the name of “climate change”.

Since when are we against emissions?
Carbon emissions have been dropping since 2004.
What we are not for is hokum and draconian measures to tax people in the name of “climate change”.
So many people on the right are saying that climate change is a hoax, including your orange leader.

Just shopped at Walmart..no mask required~

In fact, not seeing many masks about town at all. I've not worn one with the exception of visiting the hospital--the VA clinic still requires them.
We have had a small 'mini-surge'--but the vast majority of cases are super minor--and those hospitalized are about 90% non-vaxxed--their choice and their consequences.

Target:

Target said in a statement that as of August 2 and based on the CDC’s updated guidance, it will require face coverings for its team members and strongly recommend face coverings for all guests in areas with substantial or high risk of transmission, as defined by the CDC.

That doesn't qualify as a "requirement".

Home Depot:

We’ll ask customers to wear masks while in our stores and continue to offer masks to those who don’t have one.”

Kohl's:

We also recommend that customers in substantial and high-risk counties wear masks while shopping.

Publix:

The supermarket chain said it would recommend people in areas of substantial- or high-transmission risk wear face coverings...

Kroger:

We strongly encourage all individuals, including those who are vaccinated, to wear a mask...

That doesn't qualify as a "requirement"...

I just looked outside, The sky isn't falling...

I never stopped using a mask indoors in public places with a lot of people so this isn't a problem for me.

I'm sure it will be for the trump people.
I don't think a mask is enough. Democrats need to be fully bound and gagged. And the food isn't fresh at the grocery store, either.

The link based on a USA today blog by somebody named Yael Bisquati-Kennedy (one of Teddy's kids?) doesn't specify the actual conditions of the alleged order by the store chains. When you click on it you get some trash about masks being deductible in your taxes.

Forum List

Back