Target loses $9 billion due to backlash from trans kids clothing

Do you mean that you actually equate the price of a stock dropping with the company having lost that money?

And tell me, inversely if the stock price rises, is it suddenly making a huge profit because of it?

Explain this to me then, how Lyft has been losing money since 2019, yet still has a stock value?

And Peloton has never made a profit, yet still has stock value.

And one of the most famous, Tesla. Yep, it has never made a profit and loses money every year. Yet it still dropped over $700 billion in stock value. Explain to me how they are even still in business if you think they are the same thing as a company losing money.

I don't have time to research these companies and then explain it to you. What I will tell you though is stock prices are reflective of the company. When you buy stock, you are buying part of that company albeit a very small part. When a stock loses value it's because the company lost value. When a certain major event takes place and the stock loses money quickly, it's more than just coincidence or other factors.

See.......what you people don't like is that these anti-weirdo movements are having a major effect. You can live in denial all you like but we're having an impact on these companies and it's tearing you apart. Loss of sales and falling stock prices are a direct result of our actions. If that were not the case these outlets would not be scrambling to try and repair the damage. They would say "oh, it has nothing to do with people shopping somewhere else so we'll just ignore that."

This is the last thing those on the right want. They have proven this time and time again.

If they attempt to appeal to anyone but them they will be targeted (forgive the pun) and punished for daring to think of anyone but the white right wing nuts.

Children don’t need clothing to tuck their wieners you complete moron.

I am thoroughly convinced these people would quit going to their favorite restaurant if it added a menu item they did not like

You are thiuroghly
Oh go get fucked, you fucken snowflake. Putting some girly man on a beer can isn't hating conservatives; they're not even fucking talking to you. It's you guys that decided to thrust yourself into the spotlight by going out of your way to make a demonstrably bigoted protest. You piss-ants are always shitting in your britches about cancel culture and then go out and try to do precisely that. You're entitled to protest - that's your right, but stop being a sly, underhanded pansy about it and trying to claim victimhood and just own your hateful shit. In other words, BE A FUCKEN MAN.

You seem upset.

What I will tell you though is stock prices are reflective of the company. When you buy stock, you are buying part of that company albeit a very small part. When a stock loses value it's because the company lost value.

Maybe, maybe not.

I already mentioned what is known as "Profit Taking". Where an unexpectedly high profit statement can actually cause stock prices to lower. Largely because people who are not long term investors in the company are taking their profits in high stock prices and taking it out instead of "letting it ride", therefore lowering the stock value. And inversely, a company may rise based on an expectation that is not even real.

In fact, stock prices can rise when a company takes a huge loss. Especially when declaring that loss in one year, which investors know will actually stabilize the company and provide future growth. You are taking a very simplistic and almost childish view of something that is far more complex than the price of a stock being tied to the company value. The stock is actually a reflection of the perceived value of a company much more than the actual value in assets.

That is actually what caused the "Dot Com Bubble" of 2 decades ago. Speculation and perceived value far in excess of the actual value of a company. A great many of those stocks were vastly over-estimated because the companies actually had little if any actual assets. And when the economy took a downward turn, almost that entire sector of the stock market crashed and burned. The value was not based on anything other than speculation.

Like a great many other things from the Silver Rush of 1980, Beanie Babies, and others ranging from Theranos to tulip bulbs.

When a certain major event takes place and the stock loses money quickly, it's more than just coincidence or other factors.

See.......what you people don't like is that these anti-weirdo movements are having a major effect.

Actually, I could not care less. However, I see it as a non-issue.

Just as recently when somebody made a claim that Disney stock lost value because of their little spat with the Governor of Florida. That has nothing to do with it, it is more that they have lost billions in the last several years from a series of box-office bombs, and their current and soon to be released movies are also expected to be turkeys. And the billions they spent in an exclusive roleplay hotel was also a huge money sink that lost them billions of dollars. Not to mention that they have finally admitted that they are bleeding both money and subscribers on Disney+.

The company is still financially stable, and still on a solid foundation financially with still growing assets. However, the confidence in the leadership of the company has been shaken and that has driven stock prices down. But I can guarantee that those who are dumping the stock could not care less about what is going on in Florida, it is all about their bad decisions resulting in box office losses and investments that failed in their parks.

CEOS live or die due to what happens to stock price. that's the difference between financial Capitalism and other forms of capitalism, so yes, it does matter, and owners do lose when it falls and gain when it rises; management has entirely different sets of goals and demands. It's fall affects a lot of things for owners and managers alike.

Actually, I could not care less. However, I see it as a non-issue.

Just as recently when somebody made a claim that Disney stock lost value because of their little spat with the Governor of Florida. That has nothing to do with it, it is more that they have lost billions in the last several years from a series of box-office bombs, and their current and soon to be released movies are also expected to be turkeys. And the billions they spent in an exclusive roleplay hotel was also a huge money sink that lost them billions of dollars. Not to mention that they have finally admitted that they are bleeding both money and subscribers on Disney+.

The company is still financially stable, and still on a solid foundation financially with still growing assets. However, the confidence in the leadership of the company has been shaken and that has driven stock prices down. But I can guarantee that those who are dumping the stock could not care less about what is going on in Florida, it is all about their bad decisions resulting in box office losses and investments that failed in their parks.

But Target or AB stocks are directly related to the individual boycotts going around the country. Loss of sales is what caused it and people are getting the hell out before things really get bad. In ten years from now AB and Target will likely still be in business. This boycott was never intended to put them out of business, but only to send them a message how their consumers are not happy with their decision to join this leftist movement.

There is no explanation that you will understand because you are a groomed useful idiot.

No, really, how? How is Target or Disney or Bud Light targeting or bothering children?

Do they go from house to house and knocking on people's doors asking them if they'd like to talk about becoming a homosexual? Because I can recall plenty occasions when religious fuckers have knocked on my door and tried to shove their superstitious horseshit down my throat in my short lifetime.

Do people with a gay agenda stand on street corners and yell at people passing by that they're going to hell if they don't accept gayness? 'Cause I can recall a number of occasions when Christo-tards have done that.

Who's really fucking with whom?

No, really, how? How is Target or Disney or Bud Light targeting or bothering children?

Do they go from house to house and knocking on people's doors asking them if they'd like to talk about becoming a homosexual? Because I can recall plenty occasions when religious fuckers have knocked on my door and tried to shove their superstitious horseshit down my throat in my short lifetime.

Do people with a gay agenda stand on street corners and yell at people passing by that they're going to hell if they don't accept gayness? 'Cause I can recall a number of occasions when Christo-tards have done that.

Who's really fucking with whom?
#1 - They have supported an activist group called GSLEN for 10 years. GLSEN is a group SPECIFICALLY targeting children. 100%. They have been pushing for "parent free" decision making to transition young children into their world. That is thier manifesto.
#2 - They have been placing LGBQT displays in childrens sections actually for some time now. This is not new.

If you can't see this as targeting children, then that is only because you don't want to see it.

#1 - They have supported an activist group called GSLEN for 10 years. GLSEN is a group SPECIFICALLY targeting children. 100%. They have been pushing for "parent free" decision making to transition young children into their world. That is thier manifesto.
#2 - They have been placing LGBQT displays in childrens sections actually for some time now. This is not new.

If you can't see this as targeting children, then that is only because you don't want to see it.

I think you're making shit up. I've never seen any of this shit at Target. Is there a Gay Target, and if there is, why do you shop there?

Ah, the lovely LGBTwhatever mob - Target Faces Bomb Threats Amid LGBTQ+ Controversy -

CBS News affiliate WOIO in Cleveland, Ohio, received an email at 12:26 p.m. Friday warning of bombs that had been placed in five different Target locations near the city. According to a screenshot of the email, which was published by the outlet, the threat was made in response to Target's decision to remove its LGBTQ+ pride collection from its shelves earlier this week.

"Target is full of...cowards who turned their back on the LGBT community and decided to cater to the homophobic right wing redneck bigots who protested and vandalized their store," read the email. "We won't stand idly by as the far right continues to hunt us down."

WOIO's staff contacted local police departments as well as the Cleveland FBI regarding the threatening letter. According to a release from the Jackson Township Police Department, police dispatch received calls around 12:40 p.m. from both WOIO and WEWS, an ABC News affiliate based in Cleveland, regarding a potential bomb threat at a Target in their county.

Jackson Township officers evacuated and searched the store along with a bomb-sniffing dog from the Stark Country Sheriff's office, read the release. According to a report from The Repository in Canton, Ohio, no bombs were found at the location and store operations resumed around 3:15 p.m.

WOIO reported that threats were also made at four other Target locations in Boardman, Ohio, Niles, Ohio, and Monaca, Pennsylvania.

Separate threats were made to several Target locations in Utah as well, reported CBS News affiliate KUTV, including stores in Layton, Salt Lake, Taylorsville and Provo. According to Layton Police Sergeant John Ottesen, who was cited in KUTV's report, officers began investigations after two local news stations received emails alerting them about the bomb threats.

Nasty, disgusting group.

Wow.. I saw the Target stock is dropping, and there’s a major sales decline.

Think companies are going to continue to try to force wokeness into their customers?

***Mod Edit: Link to one source Target loses $9B in week following boycott calls over LGBTQ-friendly kids clothing
/-----/ From Finance.Yahoo.com 1 month chart. I've never been much of one to short of stocks, even hesitant to buy PUTS, but this may go on for a while. Maybe I should buy a June 30 at the money put for $3.50
1685275022630.png

They didn't lose $9 billion

Not one of those sources is reputable, in fact, EVERY source in a Google search comes from a rightwing website.

You folks will believe anything.
/---/ Well, so far, all you've posted is your opinion. Got any "reliable" source to say Target didn't lose $9 billion in value?
2bkzb1nIrfGBrfY0CGF3sB-vr14zRyN17lfDuJcUjpBC-GfM10nA07C3dCn3eE2GRk-Rcl1dpDOzrOnKGEJdiorkDgkrxUZfsiPhO-PQZYZbT9-7pkxocOMr=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
They didn't lose $9 billion

Not one of those sources is reputable, in fact, EVERY source in a Google search comes from a rightwing website.

You folks will believe anything.
Moron, it's a simple and common calculation based on stock price and shares outstanding. It's called market capitalization.

It's hilarious how dependent you and your ilk are on your authorities to tell you what the "facts" are.

Moron, it's a simple and common calculation based on stock price and shares outstanding. It's called market capitalization.

It's hilarious how dependent you and your ilk are on your authorities to tell you what the "facts" are.
And this person is an adult.
It goes to show you how little people understand even the most absolute basics of economics.

You live under a rock.
A rock you built and maintain everyday so you can make yourself believe you are better than others.
:rolleyes:

No, like I said, I shop at Target from time to time and I don't see anything conspicuously gay there. I'm sure they have a gay Ken doll in one of the aisles but that's taking up a microscopic amount of space in their inventory, and that's not what I'm looking for when I shop there, so I tend not to notice that stuff. You all must have some sort of gaydar, lol.

Forum List

Back