John Mellencamp releases new song ‘The Eyes of Portland’ hits home for locals: ‘Land of plenty where nothing gets done’

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
"People who have visited other major U.S. cities know that homelessness is not just a Portland problem. It’s a nationwide problem"

Other large cities also have the same problem, but they also have a common denominator. They are all ran by deep blue liberals.

Singer and songwriter John Mellencamp has come out with a new song called “The Eyes of Portland” that deals with the dystopian wasteland that the city has become as homelessness and addiction rule the streets, and residents believe he has captured the true essence of the crisis.

"People who have visited other major U.S. cities know that homelessness is not just a Portland problem. It’s a nationwide problem"

Other large cities also have the same problem, but they also have a common denominator. They are all ran by deep blue liberals.

Red states have their own problem. It`s called murder.

It's the old "per capita" shell game. A small town, population 2, had one inhabitant shot by a drug dealer passing through. The OP mocked the town for having the highest murder rate in the country at 50%.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, you're stupid if you think you are safer in the big blue cities like Chicago. You're probably 100 times more likely to be killed in a big blue city than in bumfuck, Iowa.
How did those cities become that way? Blacks were driven out of the south with Jim Crow violence and white employers in the north wouldn`t hire them. What were their options?
Read books, but don`t let your MAGA friends know.

Amazon product

I read the lyrics for this... pretty bad. Looks like he wrote it in about 3 minutes with no edits.
I listened to part of it just now - holy hell... it sounds like shit.

Which is not unusual for him.
He lost his skills 20 years ago.
Not that he had any great skill to begin with.
And besides the man is a complete jerk.
We did some promotion materials for him back in the early 2000s.
He is unreasonable, can't make up his mind about anything, and broody.
And picks on his staff.

How did those cities become that way? Blacks were driven out of the south with Jim Crow violence and white employers in the north wouldn`t hire them. What were their options?
Read books, but don`t let your MAGA friends know.

Amazon product

I was responding to a post which claimed red areas were more unsafe than blue cities and I proved that wrong. It's simple logic. Do you want to live in an area that has 1000 murders per year or an area that has 50 murders per year?

The GOP drug war is and always has been a complete disaster.
haha the “drug war” began during the so called “progressive era” in the early 1900s…capped off with laws throughout the 20th century like Xiden’s 94 crime bill signed by clinton

Democrat Jim crow
We know what the Democrats were 100 years ago, but there`s no denying who wears the sheets and hoods today. I`ll do your homework for you..again. Lincoln was a Republican and that`s why the former slave holding white trash were Democrats. The Repubs now have a firm hold on our white trash. Lucky you.

We know what the Democrats were 100 years ago, but there`s no denying who wears the sheets and hoods today. I`ll do your homework for you..again. Lincoln was a Republican and that`s why the former slave holding white trash were Democrats. The Repubs now have a firm hold on our white trash. Lucky you.
the dems haven’t changed at all…they’ve just made their oppression national not regional..and frankly don’t care about who they oppress

haha the “drug war” began during the so called “progressive era” in the early 1900s…capped off with laws throughout the 20th century like Xiden’s 94 crime bill signed by clinton

William McKinley a Republican president in 1900, UN treaty signed by Richard Nixon, a Republican, Drug War push by Reagan a Republican.

Forum List

Back