Takeaways from the Supreme Court oral arguments in cases challenging Biden’s student debt relief plan

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
So disgusting to see people expecting the government to pay for THEIR own foolish choices.
As a taxpayer, I want no part in forgiving these loans!

The Supreme Court on Tuesday heard oral arguments in two challenges to President Joe Biden’s student debt relief plan, with several conservative justices appearing skeptical of the government’s authority to discharge millions of dollars in federally held loans.

If the conservatives do ultimately rule in favor of the policy’s challengers, the hearing made clear they will have to grapple with the legal questions around why states and individual borrowers should be allowed to sue over the program – questions that emerged as a flash point during the arguments.

Millions of qualifying student loan borrowers could see up to $20,000 of their debt canceled depending on the outcome of the arguments. How and when the justices rule will also determine when payments on federal student loans will resume after a pandemic-related pause was put in place nearly three years ago.

230228092806-04-student-debt-relief-rally-022723.jpg

So disgusting to see people expecting the government to pay for THEIR own foolish choices.
As a taxpayer, I want no part in forgiving these loans!

Whose foolish choices? I agree that there are way too many choices for degrees like basket weaving that will never lead to a decent job. But, many students have racked up debt that actually do get good paying jobs in many necessary industries. Many of them were not able to get jobs during the stupid Democrats decisions of shutting down businesses. Those that were able to still work often had their incomes decreased anyways. It is unnecessary to eliminate a lot of the student debt by making others not involved with the debt pay their debts. Just like the Government shouldn't pay for abortions and let those who want abortions help pay for them. So, let those students who racked up student debt during these times and just prior to the pandemic throw money into the bucket and pay for the debt forgiveness and leave the rest of us alone.

Seems that Tater has a very hard uphill climb....But he knew it was illegal when he did it....Pelosi even told him so.....No matter, it sure got the dems a lot of deadbeat votes in the midterms.

Just like that "dreamer" crap that The Halfrican EOed.
I heard that a way around it is to declare it during a time of national emergency. I look for another national emergency to be declared as soon as they lose in court. Same news cast that announced this said that there is another health emergency waiting in the wings. Nothing would surprise me.

t was a hardship for me to pay my mortgage and other loans during the Covid crisis. Where's my handout?

There were a ton of handouts during COVID plus you could have just not paid your mortgage for close to two years and nothing could have been done about it.

The conservative supreme court is no less Kabuki Theater than it was when libs ran it

There is no need for oral or written arguments because the gods on Mt Olympus have already made up their minds

There were a ton of handouts during COVID plus you could have just not paid your mortgage for close to two years and nothing could have been done about it.
Really?
I had no idea foreclosures had completely stopped during the DEMPANIC!!!!
I know there were rent payment moratoriums for many but I don't recall anything that would have allowed a mortgage holder to halt payments completely for almost 2 years.

All of the handouts were illegal despite what the DC Kabuki script tells you.
As were lockdowns, distancing measures, mask & clot shot mandates.

madison-benevolence.jpg

Student loan forgiveness is just PC Newspeak for confiscating the fruits of labor from others to pay for something they did not order.
It is completely illegal & violates multiple parts of the Constitution, particularly Equal Protection.

It is also incredibly stupid- except if you have a neo-Cloward-Piven goal.

cloward-priven-550x408.jpg

However, my mortgage just as yours and as with other loans, are not being forgiven, and the same should be true for these free loaders.

:beer:

Kavanaugh says Supreme Court's 'finest moments' are blocking presidents in ominous sign for Biden​

1677618145301.png

Justice Brett Kavanaugh, weighing in on Supreme Court arguments over the Biden administration's massive student debt relief plan, argued some of the judiciary's "finest moments" were when courts pushed back on presidential emergency powers.
The Biden administration contends that the national emergency caused by the coronavirus pandemic, along with the economic disturbance it created, justifies the Department of Education canceling student loans for millions of borrowers. But Kavanaugh's admission signaled an ominous sign for Biden's plan, as the justice claimed the nation's "biggest mistakes" arose from assertions of executive emergency power.

Forum List

Back