Swords are more Honorable than guns or nukes

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
Because 100 peasants armed with guns could take down one Samurai or Knight who was armed with a sword. Or someone sitting behind a desk could simply launch a nuke,which in my mind should be considered cheating and not honorable.

Because 100 peasants armed with guns could take down one Samurai or Knight who was armed with a sword. Or someone sitting behind a desk could simply launch a nuke,which in my mind should be considered cheating and not honorable.
Win any win you can. Then you decide what's honorable or not.

You must play too many video games or watch too many movies; honorable has nothing to do with combat. In war one wins by any means necessary and fights as dirty as one can . . . or loses and dies.

You must play too many video games or watch too many movies; honorable has nothing to do with combat. In war one wins by any means necessary and fights as dirty as one can . . . or loses and dies.

I played Skyrim on Nintendo Switch.

Any nobility associated with killing others, is just a lie those who survive, or supported the killing, tell themselves to live with what they have done ...
And the dead don't care enough to make a fuss about it.

100 peasants? There were no firearms during the approximate 300 years of Samurai dominance in the 11th through the 13th century.

In war one wins by any means necessary and fights as dirty as one can . . . or loses and dies.

True ... I am not saying that killing isn't justified or even necessary at times ... But there is little of it that rises above survival or victory.

Honorable knight and samurai was a myth perpetrated by Hollywoody…both valued winning the battle and used sneaky, deception and what Hollywood would characterize as dishonorable to win the battle and war.

Honorable knight and samurai was a myth perpetrated by Hollywoody…both valued winning the battle and used sneaky, deception and what Hollywood would characterize as dishonorable to win the battle and war.
war is war, there is nothing but one side winning and other side losing,

Forum List

Back