Swimmer Riley Gaines decries transgender athletes competing in women's sports: 'We are eradicating women'

It is pure insanity.
My son was a competitive swimmer also, went state all four years, even as a freshman.
Placed in state as a sophomore against 6 other seniors. The next two years was spent watching him beat everyone. It was fun.
Anyway.. he began competing in the 6th grade.
7th and 8th grade teams compete in the high school gym.
When he was in the 8th grade, puberty had set in. And the result of that was enormous.
By the end of the 8th grade, he would have replaced the record of every girl best times but one.
In the 8th grade.

yeah... no difference right?
You have to deliberately close your eyes to reality in order to insist that there are no differences. The pro athletes know there are differences. The top male competitors will always be better than the top female competitors.

Women can boycott these events.
I think they're starting to do this... inspite of the fact that many were abused VERBALLY for doing so, but where are the american people on this. What has happened to men that they can take pleasure in beating a woman??? Yes i know the left has tried to say there is no difference between the sexes but we all know that is a lie of epic proportions.

Serena Williams - on people saying she can beat male players - (paraphrase)
"Hell no... I love womens tennis, I don't want to compete against men, are you kidding men? I would get killed! They are faster, stronger, have greater reach and hit the ball harder and faster then I ever will. I would be lucky to place in the top 130"

Female athletes have got to stand up and speak out.
As another poster put it, if they would stop showing up at events to compete, something will get done in a hurry

Riley Gaines promotes hate against trans people. She is the only female athlete in America, speaking out in this fashion. When you promote hate against a a marginalized population which is often brutalized and murdered, it’s disingenuous of Gaines to claim she’s a victim here.

Games is a second tier, elite skater, who couldn’t make the Olympic team. Lia Thomas tied Gaines for fifth place in a race in her first meet swimming as a woman.

Thomas had only been on testosterone blockers for 12 months at her first meet, where she had great success. But the longer she’s been on testosterone blockers, the slower her times. She’s now ranked in the mid 60’s nationally, which is about the same as when she competed as a man.

Serena Williams - on people saying she can beat male players - (paraphrase)
"Hell no... I love womens tennis, I don't want to compete against men, are you kidding men? I would get killed! They are faster, stronger, have greater reach and hit the ball harder and faster then I ever will. I would be lucky to place in the top 130"

Do you have a link to this bullshit?

Sex and gender should not be considered two separate categories. Why is gender different than sex? The whole gender is fluid and on a spectrum is non-sense.
So why even have two different words, If they mean the same thing?

Thing is, sex is the biological differences between men and women, and gender is the differences culture attaches to men and women.

Biological sex has determined the majority of the gender differences our (and everyone’s) culture places on men and women.

Most of the gender roles we ascribe to men are due to the fact that we’re bigger, stronger and more aggressive. The gender roles for women came about because men are smaller, weaker, and the sex privileged and/or burdened with being the sex that carries children.

Sex and gender overlap, but they are two different words with different meanings.

So why even have two different words, If they mean the same thing?

Thing is, sex is the biological differences between men and women, and gender is the differences culture attaches to men and women.

Biological sex has determined the majority of the gender differences our (and everyone’s) culture places on men and women.

Most of the gender roles we ascribe to men are due to the fact that we’re bigger, stronger and more aggressive. The gender roles for women came about because men are smaller, weaker, and the sex privileged and/or burdened with being the sex that carries children.

Sex and gender overlap, but they are two different words with different meanings.
You're aligned that gender is a social construct .. just like race has been deemed. While I disagree with this philosophy .. my immediate question would be ... isn't gender still a social construct to determine that men can be women and vice versa? Where is the truth? What is the source of truth for gender?

Riley Gaines promotes hate against trans people.
Bull. She doesn't want other women to be forced into being naked with naked men and to compete against men with far superior biology. Sorry if you think that's hate, it's not, it's her standing up for women.
She is the only female athlete in America, speaking out in this fashion
Bull. She's the most famous, not the only one.
. When you promote hate against a a marginalized population which is often brutalized and murdered, it’s disingenuous of Gaines to claim she’s a victim here.
Any woman forced to be naked around a naked man when she clearly does not want to be is a victim. Tell us the next time you're okay with it happening to you.
Games is a second tier, elite skater, who couldn’t make the Olympic team. Lia Thomas tied Gaines for fifth place in a race in her first meet swimming as a woman.
Irrelevant.
Thomas had only been on testosterone blockers for 12 months at her first meet, where she had great success. But the longer she’s been on testosterone blockers, the slower her times. She’s now ranked in the mid 60’s nationally, which is about the same as when she competed as a man.
Good. He needs to continue slowing down to the point where he's not competitive anywhere. There's no way his victories that first year are legit, and he should lose them. You yourself have indicated he wasn't on testosterone blockers nearly long enough.

Riley Gaines promotes hate against trans people. She is the only female athlete in America, speaking out in this fashion. When you promote hate against a a marginalized population which is often brutalized and murdered, it’s disingenuous of Gaines to claim she’s a victim here.

Gaines is not the only athlete speaking out against transgender athletes and it isn't hate. She disagrees with allowing transgender to compete because it gives the transgender athlete a decidedly unfair advantage, based on how they feel. You have admitted that they have an unfair advantage because the longer Thomas' has been on blockers, Lia's times have fallen. Advantage Thomas.

How is disagreeing with a person hate? She feels that competing with transgenders puts women at a competitive disadvantage, and it does, the fact you disagree with

Gaines and other female athletes like Martina Navratilova, Paula Radcliffe, Madison Kenyon would like transgenders to compete with other transgenders.

The fact that the longer that Thomas' times have fallen because of hormone therapy is further proof that there is an unfair advantage.

You're aligned that gender is a social construct .. just like race has been deemed. While I disagree with this philosophy .. my immediate question would be ... isn't gender still a social construct to determine that men can be women and vice versa? Where is the truth? What is the source of truth for gender?
After that, how do you now claim that women make less than men?

WageGap.jpg

Forum List

Back