Olympic gold medalist takes issue with transgender athletes' participation in girls and women's sports

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Amen to this:

"You only get one chance to win that medal, stand on that podium, make a final," Thompson says in the video.

"You wouldn't let a 25-year-old compete in an under 16s race. Why do we want to disadvantage 51% of the population? Why do we want to take away ambition from our daughters?

Daley Thompson, a former British decathlete who won two Olympic gold medals, spoke out against transgender participation in girls and women’s sports in a video for Fair Play For Women.

Thompson’s remarks came amid controversy over transgender females competing against biological women in sports. Last week, British Cycling prohibited transgender female athletes from competing against biological women. The organization will have an "open" category, which will allow transgender women, transgender men, non-binary individuals and those born male and female to compete.

Amen to this:

"You only get one chance to win that medal, stand on that podium, make a final," Thompson says in the video.

"You wouldn't let a 25-year-old compete in an under 16s race. Why do we want to disadvantage 51% of the population? Why do we want to take away ambition from our daughters?

I agree with Mr. Thompson.

Only members of the anti-Banana tree cultivation project would disagree with the self evidently espoused truth made by Uncle Daley.
We live in strange times when we have to see the self-evident offered to half-doubting numbskulls as an alternative to pronouncements made by the clinically insane.

What about the transgendered competing in mens sports? It does happen and it's probably more likely than the other way around.

What about the transgendered competing in mens sports? It does happen and it's probably more likely than the other way around.

No it is not, they would not stand a chance in men's sports, thus they do not do it

I know some of you get upset with the fact, but women cannot compete with men in most physical activities. My 800 meter time from High school in the early 80s would gotten me into the finals at the last Olympics as a female.

Men have the competitive edge. Do they force the girls into the dressing rooms of the guys?

Amen to this:

This would have meaning if ANY trans athlete was competing at an international level in sport.

Added to which, the opinion of a male athlete doesn’t count. It’s not his problem.

This would have meaning if ANY trans athlete was competing at an international level in sport.

Added to which, the opinion of a male athlete doesn’t count. It’s not his problem.

Ohhhhhh, international is all that matters, and the women athletes speaking up mean nothing?

Proof that males aren’t the only sexist pigs walking around. Oink oink lil girl.

Ohhhhhh, international is all that matters, and the women athletes speaking up mean nothing?

Proof that males aren’t the only sexist pigs walking around. Oink oink lil girl.

What women athletes are speaking up other than one swimmer??? Please provide names.

There are approximately 100 trans athletes in all of the USA. Only about three or four of them could be considered elite, and none of them are on the national teams for anything.

So the whole notion that trans athletes are “keeping women from realizing their dreams” is basically bullshit.

The only people who are speaking up are men who claim this is unfair to women.

What women athletes are speaking up other than one swimmer??? Please provide names.

There are approximately 100 trans athletes in all of the USA. Only about three or four of them could be considered elite, and none of them are on the national teams for anything.

So the whole notion that trans athletes are “keeping women from realizing their dreams” is basically bullshit.

Oh, approximately 100 times.

Nah, that ain’t nuttin, right?

Of course, you’ve obviously never worked to achieve anything to have that thing unfairly taken from you.

Be gone toots, we got this.

Of course, you’ve obviously never worked to achieve anything to have that thing unfairly taken from you.

No we're not leaving it up to the bigots.... one big 6'3" trans at Penn Should not be the face of the problem.

Your name is Norm. You’re a man. You know absolutely fucking nothing about what a woman has fought for.

Go, fuck yourself, Norman.

Many women are speaking up. Or hadn’t you heard?

Your name is Norm. You’re a man. You know absolutely fucking nothing about what a woman has fought for.

Go, fuck yourself, Norman.

And neither do the idiots pretending to be women, yet you can't break the SJW hold on your head and see it.

And neither do the idiots pretending to be women, yet you can't break the SJW hold on your head and see it.

I was a competive female athlete in my youth. I was mother to a competitive athlete in her youth, and I am friends with female athletes in multiple sports. I have a pretty fair idea what the big issues really are for this group.

The thing that you completely fail to understand, Norm, is that transgendered athletes are no threat whatsoever to women who were born with ovaries.

There are fewer than 100 trans athletes in all of the NCAA. You can count on the fingers of one hand, how many of them can be considered “elite”.

20 states in the USA have passed laws banning fewer than dozen people from competing as women. In the alternate universe, where Republicans live, this is what passes for “protecting women’s sports”.

Female athletes need better funding, better access to your training, facilities and high-level coaching. See facilities, training areas and equipment for basketball players at March Madness.

Some female sports leagues require women to compete in skimpy bikinis, while men wear baggy shorts.

US Women’s Soccer had the best program in the world and their federation destroyed it because the female athletes, who brought in most of the revenue, wanted funding parity with the men.

In the meantime, twice impeached, thrice indicted, sexual predator ex-president poured hate and scorn on the US women’s soccer team for their early exit from the women’s World Cup. America First?????

So much for wanting to support women’s sports.

Nothing speaks to the malleability of libs better than this issue. Talk about your useful idiots..

I was a competive female athlete in my youth. I was mother to a competitive athlete in her youth, and I am friends with female athletes in multiple sports. I have a pretty fair idea what the big issues really are for this group.

The thing that you completely fail to understand, Norm, is that transgendered athletes are no threat whatsoever to women who were born with ovaries.

There are fewer than 100 trans athletes in all of the NCAA. You can count on the fingers of one hand, how many of them can be considered “elite”.

20 states in the USA have passed laws banning fewer than dozen people from competing as women. In the alternate universe, where Republicans live, this is what passes for “protecting women’s sports”.

Female athletes need better funding, better access to your training, facilities and high-level coaching. See facilities, training areas and equipment for basketball players at March Madness.

Some female sports leagues require women to compete in skimpy bikinis, while men wear baggy shorts.

US Women’s Soccer had the best program in the world and their federation destroyed it because the female athletes, who brought in most of the revenue, wanted funding parity with the men.

In the meantime, twice impeached, thrice indicted, sexual predator ex-president poured hate and scorn on the US women’s soccer team for their early exit from the women’s World Cup. America First?????

So much for wanting to support women’s sports.

They are enough to take wins from actual women, and more will come.

Those women don't seem to be complaining about it, I assume you talk about beach volleyball. Just because your dried up carcass can't pull it off, don't be jealous of the ones that can. Personally they are too skinny for my tastes, not enough boobage usually.

They earned that scorn by less footballing and moar political asshattery.

Just look at how the teams they competed against treated their anthems and how our team treated ours.

And I watch some women's sports, usually tennis and golf, because in those sports they hold their own compared to the men's versions.

Forum List

Back