Susan Collins (R-Maine) is an American hero

Obama made the tax cut deal with republicans so that he could extend unemployment benefits to those who lost their job in the recession. That policy is what created jobs. Also funny you’re admitting millions of jobs were created under Obama.

Unemployment creates jobs? Did you actually read that horseshit before you posted it, or did you intend to have us all rolling on the floor with laughter?
It’s simple to explain really. If the unemployed get benefits, they spend that money immediately on the private economy on basic essentials like food and clothing. That boost to businesses CREATES jobs. That’s capitalism. Something cons arent smart enough to understand.
That isn't capitalism. it's welfare.

If government spending created jobs then the depression would have been over in 1934 and Obama's economy would have grown at a rate of 6%/yr.
Lol do you really not understand the demand side of the economy? Just because it’s welfare it doesn’t mean it doesn’t stimulate the economy. This same principle applies to food stamps. Tell me, if people spend their benefits on the private economy, why wouldn’t that create jobs? Can you even explain that?

Every dollar spent has to be taxed or borrowed away from someone else. For every job "created," two are destroyed. You don't increase economic growth by robbing the people who produce goods and services and giving the proceeds to useless moochers.
Well here’s the kicker, for every dollar lost in revenue, the economy gains $1.21. Why? Because businesses make a PROFIT off any purchase.

Lol do you really not understand the demand side of the economy? Just because it’s welfare it doesn’t mean it doesn’t stimulate the economy. This same principle applies to food stamps. Tell me, if people spend their benefits on the private economy, why wouldn’t that create jobs? Can you even explain that?

Of course. Because if people don't get food stamps, they just quit eating and no stimulation to the economy.

Thanks to her breaking ranks by having common sense as with a couple other republicans, the repeal of ACA was dead in the water. She also may not vote for the disasterous GOP senate tax plan. I bet she’ll do the right thing.

Damn betcha she’s a RINO! God bless her for it.

She's a piece of shit who doesn't belong in the Republican party.
Well I’m guessing you make less than 75,000 per year and take advantage of the main tax deductions. She is definitely doing you a favor by planning not to vote for the bill. Damn man. Get a clue. Educate yourself. Quit being a pawn and listening to GOP leaders who lie to you.

You guess wrong, moron.

Apparently you think making the economy grow at twice the rate it grew under Obama is not in my self interest. That's how we know you're an imbecile.
Obama made the tax cut deal with republicans so that he could extend unemployment benefits to those who lost their job in the recession. That policy is what created jobs. Also funny you’re admitting millions of jobs were created under Obama.

Reminds me of my neighbor during that time. Once on unemployment, he stayed on unemployment as long as he could. When all benefits were exhausted after over a year, he went to work with his brother-in-law; something he could have done all along.

Being a hero means you are doing something that could pose a risk or danger to you Collins is a Republican in a state that has gone Democrat in the last seven Presidential elections she is playing to the blue state voters who put her in office something that hardly puts her at risk it's smart politically but far from heroic.
It's absolutely true she does that and I'm not claiming she's a hero, but it isn't solely appeasing the dems that motivates her. I believe she is a moderate. I know that drives some people nuts, but there it is. There actually is some courage involved in being one of those these days--despised by both sides at times. But Mainers are still standing behind her.

Thanks to her breaking ranks by having common sense as with a couple other republicans, the repeal of ACA was dead in the water. She also may not vote for the disasterous GOP senate tax plan. I bet she’ll do the right thing.

a hero?....you have a pretty loose application for that word...
Nah, just a woman who does her job and says what she thinks.
If it's true that people making under $70,000 a year are actually going to see a tax increase or if they insist on getting rid of Obamacare mandate and subsidies, she probably won't agree with it. She has to think of her broke ass constituents in Maine.

So what about her broke ass constituents that can't afford Commie Care like many others? They get their income tax refund confiscated, and I'm sure that's money they badly need. The collections from those penalties are in the billions; billions of dollars ripped off of poor people. And you worry about taxing people over 70K a year?
I'm not worried about anything--I don't profess to understand the new tax bill and it doesn't much matter to me. I was pointing out what SHE will probably be worried about. It seems the mandate is a big sticking point for her. The Repubs should have left Obamacare out of this. I would have liked to see it get through.

Unemployment creates jobs? Did you actually read that horseshit before you posted it, or did you intend to have us all rolling on the floor with laughter?
It’s simple to explain really. If the unemployed get benefits, they spend that money immediately on the private economy on basic essentials like food and clothing. That boost to businesses CREATES jobs. That’s capitalism. Something cons arent smart enough to understand.

If government spending created jobs then the depression would have been over in 1934 and Obama's economy would have grown at a rate of 6%/yr.

Every dollar spent has to be taxed or borrowed away from someone else. For every job "created," two are destroyed. You don't increase economic growth by robbing the people who produce goods and services and giving the proceeds to useless moochers.
Well here’s the kicker, for every dollar lost in revenue, the economy gains $1.21. Why? Because businesses make a PROFIT off any purchase.

Horseshit. Where the evidence to support that theory? If that's the case, then why doesn't cutting their taxes cause the economy to grow?

Susan Collins, Jeff Flake and John Kasich should get together and form a political party to represent those of us with a moderate view wishing for a balance between the extremes. In its absence we'll continue to provide what moderation we can by kicking the dominant party out of office every 8 years.

Riiiiiiight she's your hero does this mean you won't try to defeat her the next time she's up for re-election? I think we all know the answer. :eusa_hand:

Susan Collins, Jeff Flake and John Kasich should get together and form a political party to represent those of us with a moderate view wishing for a balance between the extremes. In its absence we'll continue to provide what moderation we can by kicking the dominant party out of office every 8 years.

Kasich sides with illegals who KILL and RAPE American citizens, which side are you on anyway???

I wish they would. They don't belong in the Republican party.

They should, but they can't. The US has a two party political system. Change to PR and then people can form their own parties and individuals can vote for who they want to represent them without fear of wasting a vote.

Oh, wait, in order to change this you'd need the support of the two parties who benefit the most from the current corrupt and negative system.

Yes, they can call it the “I’m not sure” party.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

a hero?....you have a pretty loose application for that word...
Nah, just a woman who does her job and says what she thinks.
If it's true that people making under $70,000 a year are actually going to see a tax increase or if they insist on getting rid of Obamacare mandate and subsidies, she probably won't agree with it. She has to think of her broke ass constituents in Maine.

So what about her broke ass constituents that can't afford Commie Care like many others? They get their income tax refund confiscated, and I'm sure that's money they badly need. The collections from those penalties are in the billions; billions of dollars ripped off of poor people. And you worry about taxing people over 70K a year?
I'm not worried about anything--I don't profess to understand the new tax bill and it doesn't much matter to me. I was pointing out what SHE will probably be worried about. It seems the mandate is a big sticking point for her. The Repubs should have left Obamacare out of this. I would have liked to see it get through.

Unfortunately Commie Care was a separate issue that was struck down by the RINOs as well. The mandate is the most unAmerican law to ever to be instituted in our once free country and should be rescinded by any means possible.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Horseshit. Where the evidence to support that theory? If that's the case, then why doesn't cutting their taxes cause the economy to grow?
A meaningful stimulus for Main Street

Read it. I was actually mistaken. It’s $1.64 not $1.21.

You & I don't live in Maine, we don't get to vote there. Take a good look at what your people are doing for your state. I had to move when your party ruined my state.

So you consider politicians who agree with you on legislation “heros”. Tell me more. Second thought - don’t.
No, it’s not about agreeing with me on everything. She’s a hero for derailing disasterous legislation.

A meaningful stimulus for Main Street

Read it. I was actually mistaken. It’s $1.64 not $1.21.

it's bullshit based on Voo Doo.

You & I don't live in Maine, we don't get to vote there. Take a good look at what your people are doing for your state. I had to move when your party ruined my state.

Senators don't have any say on what goes on in their own states. The vote on legislation that affects the entire nation. Since I'm part of this nation, I will say whatever I want about Collins, asshole.

Forum List

Back