Serious delinquencies of credit cards, or those 90 days or more past due, have reached the highest level since 2009, per TransUnion.

Yeah, private sector debt is through the roof.

Crazy part about it is that credit card debt is probably from using them for a lot of basic necessities.

A year or so ago, we had articles about people using deferred payment apps for buying groceries.

As weird as it sounds, I miss writing checks. And I do not know why. Weird. I think because it was just the first way I learned how to use the bank. Then ''Mac'' cards came along. Short for money access center card, I think it was. Now they're just called debit cards.

I remember writing checks for groceries back in the 80s/90s. Guess I'm getting old now. I walked into Auto Zone for a jug of Mobile 1 couple of weeks ago and the punk who worked there said 'wassup pops'' when I walked in. Damned hoodlums.

I do still write checks for bills and stuf flike that, though.

Last edited:
As weird as it sounds, I miss writing checks. And I do not know why. Weird. I think because it was just the first way I learned how to use the bank. Then ''Mac'' cards came along. Short for money access center card, I think it was. Now they're just called debit cards.

I remember writing checks for groceries back in the 80s/90s. Guess I'm getting old now. I walked into Auto Zone for a jug of Mobile 1 couple of weeks ago and the punk who worked there said 'wassup pops'' when I walked in. Damned hoodlums.

Writing checks was great back in the day. I loved when they bounced too.

About all I write anymore is to government, or special circumstance where I want a written record. In town or area, I like debit, preferring not to carry much cash, as I do not want to shoot somebody to keep it. Out of town travel, leasing, etc, always credit card, as not automatically tied to checking, so I can review or dispute before paying credit card bill.

About all I write anymore is to government, or special circumstance where I want a written record. In town or area, I like debit, preferring not to carry much cash, as I do not want to shoot somebody to keep it. Out of town travel, leasing, etc, always credit card, as not automatically tied to checking, so I can review or dispute before paying credit card bill.

I put a good chunk on one of my credit cards recently. The dog had a large growth on his leg. That was a little over ten thousand bucks to have removed.

Then another little one popped up right next to where the other one was so he had to have surgery for that last week. That was another five thousand bucks.

Basically put my plans on a vacation some place warm on hold until I pay that down.

But the economy is good, so they claim.

The jobs figure prove otherwise, since all net jobs created since January 2023 have been part-time. Now the credit card delinquency at its highest level since 2009.

They must have bought up a bunch of them raggedy ass, gold Trump sneakers that go for $400 dollars a pop.

The jobs figure prove otherwise, since all net jobs created since January 2023 have been part-time. Now the credit card delinquency at its highest level since 2009.

Let RETARD Biden pay those off the way he gave those whiny cry babies their student loan forgiveness. :p

I put a good chunk on one of my credit cards recently. The dog had a large growth on his leg. That was a little over ten thousand bucks to have removed.

Then another little one popped up right next to where the other one was so he had to have surgery for that last week. That was another five thousand bucks.

Basically put my plans on a vacation some place warm on hold until I pay that down.
Wow. Love my dog, but not sure I lover her that much.

Wow. Love my dog, but not sure I lover her that much.

Well. He's my partner, so. Everything I have was paid for years ago. Kid's college was paid for, too.

I don't really have payments to make on anything else.

Basically just have regular bills. Which aren't really much.

Well. He's my partner, so. Everything I have was paid for years ago. Kid's college was paid for, too.

I don't really have payments to make on anything else.

Basically just have regular bills. Which aren't really much.
Good luck with him. Hope another one does not come up, Nat.

The economy is going "good" because the richer people have had wage increases, which leads to higher prices for everyone, including the poorer who have not had wage increases and, therefore, can only make ends meet by charging on their charge cards. The poorer still have to pay rents, groceries, etc., which makes the economy look better than it actually is. Those who do not have charge cards are overrunning food pantries.

What happens when the money and credit system is managed as a public utility?

Are Western Oligarchies a Long Detour of Civilization?

"Bronze Age rulers had no free-market advisors to argue against managing the money and credit system as a public utility.

"Rulers recognized the ever-present tendency for economies to be destabilized by debt when floods or drought, war, disease or personal misfortune prevented cultivators from paying the debts that accrued during the crop year.

"But modern economic ideology, like Rome’s pro-creditor legal philosophy, insists on the 'security of contracts,' above all for debt liabilities.

"Today’s economic orthodoxy rejects acknowledging that the exponential dynamics of debt leads to oligarchy if governments do not intervene to write down debts."

Forum List

Back