Supreme Court shoots itself in the foot.

Which ones were illegal? Please, explain.

You morons lose an election, which means you don't get to replace Justices, so you bitch and moan and want to change the court cause you lost....you are assholes....there is a process, it didn't work for you because you lost an election...we had to sit there when your idiot, obama, appointed the anti-American, anti-constitution justices he appointed and we never called for packing the court.....

You shitheads are vile.......
Already been explained several.times in the thread. Read it.

The supreme court has just handed out a ton of free ammunition, both for expansion of the court and limiting of it's "shadow docket".

Personally I was firmly against expanding the court. I see that leading to a never ending battle and a court with dozens of possibly even hundreds of justices that can't decide on anything. However this latest shenanigan has pushed me in the other direction. I'm still against it, but I see no alternative to it unless we want to let the current appointees, some of them blatantly illegal BTW, ignore and or circumvent the constitution and pervert our great nation into something it was never meant to be.

Nothing like a foreigner, and one that started his carreer like 5 minutes ago, telling us how we should view our internal politics....

He can go get bent...

It doesn't get any worse than a Supreme Court that abdicates its duty on voting rights, abortion rights, campaign finance, etc.

The Democrats should just say screw it, add 4 judges, then pass a law capping the supreme court at 13 judges.
Explain exactly how they are "abdicating their duty"

Nothing like a foreigner, and one that started his carreer like 5 minutes ago, telling us how we should view our internal politics....

He can go get bent...
People like you that are down the rabbit hole are a big reason some outside perspective is needed once in a while.

The entire world watched as our president extorted a foreign leader, as a white nationalist insurrection ruined our peaceful transition of power, as the US President took the side of the Russian kleptocrat over his own agencies, as an active campaign to suppress the vote rages...

And here we sit having to debate whther or not any of it has even happened, because we have 30 million reflexive cultists and a party that lies to them to get their votes.

People like you that are down the rabbit hole are a big reason some outside perspective is needed once in a while.

The entire world watched as our president extorted a foreign leader, as a white nationalist insurrection ruined our peaceful transition of power, as the US President took the side of the Russian kleptocrat over his own agencies, as an active campaign to suppress the vote rages...

And here we sit having to debate whther or not any of it has even happened, because we have 30 million reflexive cultists and a party that lies to them to get their votes.
If I were you I'd seek some help for that mental illness you display here....Look, it's months removed from Trump being anywhere near the oval office, and you can't let him go....Wonder why that is....? Probably just a distraction from you having to answer for your own dementia ridden buffoon in the oval today...

Yes.
In my opinion judges should be screened for their politics before any other criteria.
There should be 8 judges, 4 of each. Tied votes can be solved with negotiation according to what the law states. Not personal opinion.
It is disgraceful that any president elected them according to his politics.
That cannot possibly be fair undrr no circumstances.
Politics cannot be eliminated because of the extreme partisanship of it here and judges are no different.
So, if trump stacked it in his favour, Biden is entitled to do the same. Stop squeeling
because the boot is now on the other foot.
There were nine judges before Trump, there was nine judges during Trump's tenure, and there are
nine judges under the Biden administration.
There is no stacking of judges.

Obama picked Sotomayor and Kagan, both extreme liberals, was he stacking the courts?????

There were nine judges before Trump, there was nine judges during Trump's tenure, and there are

Obama picked Sotomayor and Kagan, both extreme liberals, was he stacking the courts?????

And though we hated those appointments....not one conservative called for stacking the court.......

Haha... "Extreme liberals"... In no modern society anywhere, except the country full of right wing cacklers that lost their sight of the center long ago.

What would you call a Justice who believed the next justice picked should be a Hispanic female? A moderate liberal? :laughing0301:
That is not extreme liberalism. That is advocacy to counter centuries of the good old boy white male dominance, with the added advantage of a diversity of experience on the court. But you perfectly illustrate my point with your behavior. Thanks for the assist.

That is not extreme liberalism. That is advocacy to counter centuries of the good old boy white male dominance, with the added advantage of a diversity of experience on the court. But you perfectly illustrate my point with your behavior. Thanks for the assist.
I love it that you brought race into it. That is SOP for the democrats.
I wasn't the one who brought race into that statement. A Justice was

There is no such thing as a conservative constitutionalist.

1630862929678.png

Expand the court

End the filibuster
Expand the court

End the filibuster
And when the republicans retake the Senate, they will simply pack the court again and use the lack of filibuster to run roughshod over the democrats. Nothing is accomplished in the long run except to worsen the already strong animosities between liberals and conservatives. The boat of our nation is sinking, it’s time to stop drilling new holes and start patching the existing ones. Do you want the US to end up like the Balkans with neighbor killing neighbor? That’s the ultimate end game if things keep going down the road of disconnect and discord.

Forum List

Back