Supreme Court Rejects Challenge To Indiana University's Vaccination Requirement

I think there is a much simpler and more logical reason, although incompetence is a good one...

Speculation on my part, but I think they would have already approved them if they could. They are undoubtedly under huge pressure to find a way to approve them. The problem is, the data does not support the guidelines they have for approval. Guidelines such as safety and effectiveness. I am sticking with that, as they have huge amounts of data, simplifying any decision they make. Lack of data is normally a real problem.

They are probably working to change the guidelines.

"The vaccines aren't working. Let's give everyone a third dose." It's coming.
The longer we fuck around with covid the more chances it has to develop a very deadly variant.
We need to get to 100% vaccinated, mass immunity, and then hopefully it passes like the other pandemics.
Its like we're playing "Russian Roulette" with the "non-mandate" vaccinations.
I'm against masks (ineffective nuisance) but am all for 100% vaccinations, with limited excused for medical reasons.

They haven’t yet.

Actually yes the vaccine has been through most of the approval process through the FDA.

There's only one stage left. Full approval.

No drug can be allowed on the market for emergency use until after that drug has gone through most of the FDA process.

You might want to read the following website. It's the FDA explaining how a drug is approved and the stages it goes through to get that approval. Including emergency use approval.

That way you won't make the mistake of posting incorrect statements and making a fool of yourself to those of us who actually took the time to learn something about the process for drugs through the FDA.

Nothing, because the FDA will have tested and approved all vaccines.

100% of every drug that has ever been recalled by the FDA was first approved by the FDA.

the-more-you-know.gif

100% of every drug that has been recalled by the FDA was frst approved by the FDA.

the-more-you-know.gif
OK, no argument. I remember the "thalidomide babies", as probably the worst drug side effect ever.
I'm not hearing many bad side effects from the vaccines, and we've been using them since January.
The worst I've heard is that the JNJ one give clots to some women (I'd not allow JNJ for women).
Anyway, why be negative? How long does it take for bad side effects to show up?

Not surprising as it is SCOTUS policy to allow lawsuits to proceed through normal channels. Had she stayed the mandate and sent the matter to the Court as a whole they would have done the same within a few days and lifted her stay.

(CNN)Justice Amy Coney Barrett declined a request to block Indiana University's vaccine mandate, signaling that similar policies going into effect amid a Covid-19 surge could pass legal muster.

Barrett, who has jurisdiction over the appeals court involved in the case, acted alone without referring the matter to the full court.

It is not good news for those that oppose vaccine mandates. Though Justice Barrett acted alone, her vote would be critical in a full Supreme Court decision.

It should not come as too much of a surprise as a conservative court will generally side with governmental authority on issues of public safety.
I really hope that I live long enough to see you lot wailing and moaning about "tyrannical" "Right-wing" edicts against some deeply-held belief of yours. My guess is, I will. Feed the beast and maybe he eats you last, but you are effectively eaten, all the same.

FTR, as a conservative, I have no real complaint with private businesses making such requirements of customers or employees who have free agency to leave and seek other accommodation. When our government does so, at gunpoint, essentially, that isn't something a sane person celebrates. It's a sign of hate-filled ignorance. All I can say is enjoy the future you are creating for yourself.

Yep bad news for all those inner city blacks and hispanics and young people that are afraid of the vaccine and openly refusing to get it....

And today the CDC is now admitting they fumbled the Florida covid infection numbers....there is not a covid emergency in Florida....
Don't believe anything they say....how many lies must we bare from the CDC?.....

Jim H - VA USA third dose per Fauci and paid shills already here. Came out about two hours ago. Recommended third dose and the hopes that FDA will get that approved this week so the push is on to get all immune compromised vaxxed again.

The longer we fuck around with covid the more chances it has to develop a very deadly variant.
We need to get to 100% vaccinated, mass immunity, and then hopefully it passes like the other pandemics.
I'm against masks (ineffective nuisance) but am all for 100% vaccinations, with limited excused for medical reasons.
You speak as though we can eradicate it.
We can’t. It’s apparently here for the duration.

Unfucking believable. China virus in 98% of cases is asymptomatic. The other 2% survive 90% of the time. This is the biggest scam ever pulled off in world history. What a goddamn sad day for America. Conservatives turning into sheeple. The government lied to me twice in the United States Marine Corp and made us a goddamn guinea pig for nerve agent shots and encephalitis shots. I will never trust this government to inject me again with bullshit.

So you believe that people should just agree to take a vax that is going to kill them whether quickly or slow kill because you insist? Russian roulette is taking a vaccine not knowing how long you will have to live after you get it and what conditions you'll be stuck with until your full demise within a few years. CDC's and their hospital systems cooking the books don't cut it for 90 million of us.

Forum List

Back