Supreme Court Rejects Challenge To Indiana University's Vaccination Requirement

I've been saying on this board that the Supreme Court ruled in 1905 that the government or state can mandate vaccines for about a week now. In that time it was the small pox vaccination.

Well, well, it's the exact case the appeals court cited in their upholding the lower court's ruling that the school can mandate vaccines.

Looks like the non vaxers didn't do their homework.

It didn't take me long to find that information a week ago or so when I did a search on if vaccines can be mandated.

Now, the Supreme Court has basically said the same thing. They rejected the student's case.

Oh, and the judge who wrote the ruling? trump appointed amy coney barrett.

is there any vaccine related story line you don't post? We get it, you got the jab, be happy, be content but fcking stop already,

If people want it they'll get it, if not they won't

They're body, they're choice.....sound familiar?

Not only that... you're no leader

Yea cool...

Why are so many "Trumpers" outraged at Amy and calling her a traitor??

It's almost like they expected her to be "lockstep" with them......irregardless of the Constitution......the same thing they did when those same republican judges laughed their election fraud bullshit out of court....

So you agree. Republican appointed SC Judges are not activists. Thanks.

I'm old, so I'm good with a booster shot or two every so often.
The problem I see is that unless we get to 100% vaccinated, and then only 42% effective, we will always have covid around mutating.
My opinion is informed by the guy who said he wished he got the shot right before he died.
I have yet to hear anyone say they wish they didn't get the vaccine.
Just for the record, Ordinary Guy regrets it...

Some people on the interwebs posted that they got so sick with the first jab that they skipped the second one.

1628864933801.png

I make no judgement of anyone. It's their personal health decisions. There is not right or wrong, as everyone is different, has different circumstances, and has different tolerance for risks.

I suspect the large majority of people who get vaccinated have no regrets at all.

Regards,
Jim

The last time I had an influenza shot, I got an auto-immune rash that lasted months. It was worse than the flu, IMO. I will probably never get another influenza vaccine as a result of that experience.

It's been a while since I had a tetanus booster. I will probably get another one in the next couple of years. I have just thnking about it and need to do some research. Get this - there are only about 30 cases of tetanus in the US annually.

OK, no argument. I remember the "thalidomide babies", as probably the worst drug side effect ever.
I'm not hearing many bad side effects from the vaccines, and we've been using them since January.
The worst I've heard is that the JNJ one give clots to some women (I'd not allow JNJ for women).
Anyway, why be negative? How long does it take for bad side effects to show up?
If you did research, you'd know that thalidomide was NEVER approved in the U.S.....the screw up was in the UK. American mothers who took it, got it in the UK.

I really hope that I live long enough to see you lot wailing and moaning about "tyrannical" "Right-wing" edicts against some deeply-held belief of yours. My guess is, I will. Feed the beast and maybe he eats you last, but you are effectively eaten, all the same.

FTR, as a conservative, I have no real complaint with private businesses making such requirements of customers or employees who have free agency to leave and seek other accommodation. When our government does so, at gunpoint, essentially, that isn't something a sane person celebrates. It's a sign of hate-filled ignorance. All I can say is enjoy the future you are creating for yourself.
So you admit to cheering for Covid......

So you agree. Republican appointed SC Judges are not activists. Thanks.
Well that depends. Barrett Cohen and the Supremes pretty much followed 150 years of thought, but really no one considers it controversial or even a question that govts and private citizens can condition admittance on public health or that masks and vaccines are effective.

But overturning Dred Scott took not only a war but also Lincoln literally packing the Court. I don't agree with the rationale of Roe, or even Griswold, but the SC has been eroding both for 30 years. IS that activist? Yeah, imo. But the scientific advances in birth control are making both decisions less relevant anyway.

Did you take the time to watch the interview with Dr. Bryan Artis?

Your prerogative to believe whatever you wish. Have you gotten your third booster shot yet?
One video here or there means nothing. What matters is what happens in hospitals all over the US.
Are more of the vaccinated dying or are more of the unvaccinated dying?
IMHO its the unvaccinated dying much faster, so yes, I'm getting the 3rd booster shot when I need to.

OK, no argument. I remember the "thalidomide babies", as probably the worst drug side effect ever.
I'm not hearing many bad side effects from the vaccines, and we've been using them since January.
The worst I've heard is that the JNJ one give clots to some women (I'd not allow JNJ for women).
Anyway, why be negative? How long does it take for bad side effects to show up?

Thalidomide was never approved by the FDA.

In fact, it was a doctor at the FDA that prevented it from being in American medicine cabinets.

The thalidomide problem was in Europe, mostly Germany.

Here in America, the FDA prevented it from being put in our medicine cabinets.

From the article:

Though thalidomide was never approved in the United States, it was given to around 20,000 residents in clinical trials and distributed to more than 1,000 physicians. Credit for keeping the drug out of American’s medicine cabinets belongs to an FDA inspector named Dr. Frances Kelsey, who blocked thalidomide’s approval, withstanding pressure from pharmaceutical officials and her own agency.

Just for the record, Ordinary Guy regrets it...

Some people on the interwebs posted that they got so sick with the first jab that they skipped the second one.

I make no judgement of anyone. It's their personal health decisions. There is not right or wrong, as everyone is different, has different circumstances, and has different tolerance for risks.

I suspect the large majority of people who get vaccinated have no regrets at all.

Regards,
Jim

The last time I had an influenza shot, I got an auto-immune rash that lasted months. It was worse than the flu, IMO. I will probably never get another influenza vaccine as a result of that experience.

It's been a while since I had a tetanus booster. I will probably get another one in the next couple of years. I have just thnking about it and need to do some research. Get this - there are only about 30 cases of tetanus in the US annually.
1. My family had no adverse reactions to the vaccine jabs.
2. No one I know had any adverse reaction to the vaccine.
3. A few of our neighbors got covid, and said it was horrible, but no one died.
4. It might just be how your DNA reacts to the vaccines. For example, some women got blood clots from the JNJ vaccine.
5. The Delta variant is kicking ass. What happens if there is an even deadlier one?
1628867745913.png

One video here or there means nothing. What matters is what happens in hospitals all over the US.
Are more of the vaccinated dying or are more of the unvaccinated dying?
IMHO its the unvaccinated dying much faster, so yes, I'm getting the 3rd booster shot when I need to.
I'll just take the word of the doctors and nurses I know on what they are seeing on the ground and not some bullshit writers opinion pieces or some shill doctor who has blood on his hands for the money word on it all. My friends are not lying about what they are seeing, the patients pleading for help after the jab and the ones that some are currently taking care of in the ICU units that have gotten the jabs.

Thalidomide was never approved by the FDA. In fact, it was a doctor at the FDA that prevented it from being in American medicine cabinets.
The thalidomide problem was in Europe, mostly Germany. Here in America, the FDA prevented it from being put in our medicine cabinets

From the article:
Though thalidomide was never approved in the United States, it was given to around 20,000 residents in clinical trials and distributed to more than 1,000 physicians. Credit for keeping the drug out of American’s medicine cabinets belongs to an FDA inspector named Dr. Frances Kelsey, who blocked thalidomide’s approval, withstanding pressure from pharmaceutical officials and her own agency.
Totally agree with your post.
I used Thalidomide as an example of horrible side-effects to a medication, and what could happen if the FDA didn't review and approve medications properly.
Some folks are saying that vaccines, even if approved by the FDA, could still be dangerous.
I disagree with that opinion based on about 350m doses of vaccines being administered already, with very limited ill effects.

I'm a pro-vaxer,and an anti-masker.

I'll just take the word of the doctors and nurses I know on what they are seeing on the ground and not some bullshit writers opinion pieces or some shill doctor who has blood on his hands for the money word on it all. My friends are not lying about what they are seeing, the patients pleading for help after the jab and the ones that some are currently taking care of in the ICU units that have gotten the jabs.
OK, maybe your families' DNA is intolerant to vaccines, and my families' DNA tolerates vaccines very well.
Maybe your DNA can handle Covid okay without the vaccine, that is your decision.
I'm a pro-vaxer and an anti-masker.

You're looking at the politics and not the LAW.
Amy only looks at the LAW, where is she wrong? Oh, she's right, but the righties are wrong for disagreeing with her, uh-huh.
You just can't give credit where credit is due, huh?
Yes, the righties are full of shit for disagreeing with her even tho she was right on the law....

But righties don't give a fuck about the law......

Which is why 10 months after the election they are still trying to overturn it

There are no Republican leaders saying Coney Barrett is only doing what the US has done for over 100 years. I'll happily admit that an assault weapon ban would not do much if any good, and if I lived in Southside Chi I'd be armed to the teeth .... but colonial govts restricted where guns could be carried and how they were stored, and Wyatt Earp and others really did enforce no carry zones
I will always be against most gun control laws because I am still very much aware of how most gun control laws came into being....

Yes, the righties are full of shit for disagreeing with her even tho she was right on the law....

But righties don't give a fuck about the law......

Which is why 10 months after the election they are still trying to overturn it
We're not trying to overturn the election, just find out if there was voter fraud, and how to tighten-up election security.

The vast majority of families of students and students of IU are relieved by this decision. Remember, these are generally people who are more educated and smarter than average. We arent talking about the Bingo hall in Nowhere, Redville.

Forum List

Back