Supreme Court Nominations

They'll fill it. The short list is there. It's not like RGB passing is a huge shock, so the nominees are likely already established. I expect a nominee PDQ. Of course Trump will nominate someone.
I’d bet Barrett is nominated on Monday. Trump already said he was saving her nomination for that seat. She’s already vetted so it would be a quick turnaround.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
They'll fill it. The short list is there. It's not like RGB passing is a huge shock, so the nominees are likely already established. I expect a nominee PDQ. Of course Trump will nominate someone.
I’d bet Barrett is nominated on Monday. Trump already said he was saving her nomination for that seat. She’s already vetted so it would be a quick turnaround.
Yep... but I think Trump will wait until after RBG's funeral. Nothing is out of the question here.

Yep... but I think Trump will wait until after RBG's funeral. Nothing is out of the question here.
You may be right if the funeral is quick and they don’t drag it out. Either way I bet Barrett is packing some bags right now. I would bet she’s already heard from Trump and several senators.

You may be right if the funeral is quick and they don’t drag it out. Either way I bet Barrett is packing some bags right now. I would bet she’s already heard from Trump and several senators.
That is why I said nothing is off the table.

This is going to change the dynamics of the election cycle. Now the violence will hurt democrats more as the law and order point will be front and center nation wide. The more rioting that occurs the more house seats and senate seats they will lose.. This is going to bring out the people on both sides of the isle..

I would not be at all surprised to see it within the next week. 2 at the outside. They'll move quickly on this, no doubt.

If the President chooses to nominate someone, the Senate should act accordingly. If he chooses to wait, that choice needs to be respected.

I'd like to see him make a nomination...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Much as I hate to be a wet blanket, there's a matter of intellectual honesty to be had here.

The Bamster was prevented from adding Merrick Garland because it was an election year....The same model was followed when there was an opening as Chimpola Bush was on his way out the door.

I'd say that an election needs to be won first.

But you have two republican members of the democrat party, Romney and murkowski, and at least two cowards, Graham and Collins to contend with......those 4 could end the attempt by refusing to vote for the nominee......

This would be risky for them, true.....the anger of Trump voters at Graham and collins could endanger any chance they have at re-election........even though I would vote for them regardless.....Trump needs to hold the Senate if he wins the election....democrats will not confirm any appointees for Trump if they win the Senate.....so these backstabbing, coward, quisling Republicans have to be voted back into office...the time to have removed them was during the primaries...

Much as I hate to be a wet blanket, there's a matter of intellectual honesty to be had here.

The Bamster was prevented from adding Merrick Garland because it was an election year....The same model was followed when there was an opening as Chimpola Bush was on his way out the door.

Sorry........ there was an election held...in 2016 and 2018....and the Republicans were given control of the White House and Senate......so they have the constitutional power to appoint Supreme Court Justices......if the situation was reveresed......as you just posted it was with bush....they would block the nomineee.....they also have stated they are going to pack the court anyway if they win in the future....so Trump needs to just do it...

I hope......and now we only have to worry about Romney, murkowski, graham and collins.......enemies behind the wire....

Bull shit. You're the one not being intellectually honest.

Clearly McConnell and Biden in 1992 were referring to when the Senate and Presidency were split between parties. The Constitution requires Senate consultation for the President's nominee. That's a really difficult trick to pull off in the middle of an election.

It's fine if you want to say you think the unwritten rule should be extended to if the same party controls the Presidency and the Senate. But to say that is what either McConnell or Biden meant that is completely disingenuous.

Obviously that is NOT what they meant

New Topics

Forum List

Back