Superbowl

Have to confess I didn't see it. I sort of avoid the halftime shows as a form of protest; they really represent much of what is wrong with the NFL in particular.

Here is what the NFL could do. If you want a musical act...have the HBCUs put together an all-star team of the best band members from those schools. In case you don't know, the whole point of college football programs at places like Alcorn State, Jackson State, Grambling etc... is to give a showcase for the marching bands. They put on a hell of a show. Have them perform a routine for 30 minutes or whatever the time allotment is for a halftime in the super bowl. It will be an experience that they never forget the rest of their lives. It will cost the NFL nothing or next to nothing to do this. There won't be any pyrotechnics going off during the event which mars the start of the third quarter as has happened in the past. And it will be a serious nod from the NFL to the black community. Lets be real about that.

But you know what else it would be? It would just be nice. It would be the one time in the 17 week season that, on a telecast of an NFL game, they are not trying to squeeze every last penny out of the viewers or the sponsors. Let the kids put on a show. Nobody in the audience will be disappointed in what they see or hear or shocked at some wardrobe malfunction.

Of course, the Ohio State BDBITL is probably one of the best single-school marching bands there is.

The absolute Best band? Texas A&M... Easily. Ohio state is good. But it's kind of like comparing an Olympic show pony to War Admiral. They're pretty...but you get the feeling A&M could kick your ass and never miss a beat. Give it a look....200 people moving as one. And not getting paid a dime for it.

I just realized--there weren't any cheerleaders. Is that a Covid thing, or has the NFL decided it's sexist?

The first time you noticed was the superbowl?
It's the only football I've watched all year.

Worst Superbowl I have seen. I turned it off in the middle of the 3rd. And in my 41 years I never turned a Superbowl off.

1612785737208.png

Worst Superbowl I have seen. I turned it off in the middle of the 3rd. And in my 41 years I never turned a Superbowl off.
Really? I thought it was a pretty good one. I've turned off some for being too slow moving to bear, but not last night. Of course, I was psyched to see Tampa winning.

Really? I thought it was a pretty good one. I've turned off some for being too slow moving to bear, but not last night. Of course, I was psyched to see Tampa winning.

It was a blow out silly. There is no fun in watching a team get blown out.

But I will hand it to Brady as being the best QB of all time. He can't be denied that now.

There was a lot going on visually during the performance. It was all very distracting.

It was a blow out silly. There is no fun in watching a team get blown out.
I remember once turning off a Raiders game at half time--they were being slaughtered--skunked, actually.
They came back in the second half and won the game, and I missed it.

Forum List

Back