Super Bowl Hypothetical Question for Those Who Don't Particularly Like FB

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
The ridiculous hype around this game draws comparisons with baseball and other sports, but I wonder...

If the World Series were a single game for all the marbles, and there was a two-week break from the end of the playoffs to build enthusiasm for the game, and it were always played at a neutral site...

Would it be as big as the Super Bowl?

Probably not, but close.

Further, imagine the pitching strategy. All pitchers on both teams would be fully rested. Managers might PLAN to use their guys for only one or two innings, or once through the batting order.

It would be insane.

The ridiculous hype around this game draws comparisons with baseball and other sports, but I wonder...

If the World Series were a single game for all the marbles, and there was a two-week break from the end of the playoffs to build enthusiasm for the game, and it were always played at a neutral site...

Would it be as big as the Super Bowl?

Probably not, but close.

Further, imagine the pitching strategy. All pitchers on both teams would be fully rested. Managers might PLAN to use their guys for only one or two innings, or once through the batting order.

It would be insane.
The national past time at one time was a sport you just sit ack on the porch and listen to on radio with many other people doing the same thing. The went to TV. A lot of small televisions were on the porches and in the living rooms if not at a game. This may not e totally the reason, I think once they started to strike the game lost popularity. and they did this while the old AFL and old NFL combined into one league and had a Championship between the two of them. Sport players make much better money although a good percentage are rent players for a contract and then move on. The era or eras of older men talking about who was the best is much reduced now. Going to the game and relaxing as the game unwinded at its own pace only made it more interesting. then it got to commercialized. It used to be a minute between each half inning for a commercial. We now have commercials while there is a play going on. The ratings for national games are abysmal yet the network contracts are through the roof.

Forum List

Back