Summer 2019 was hottest on record for Northern Hemisphere

How many trillions should we spend to ensure we never see those temperatures again?
Dude. Don't patronize me like I'm some college toad or an AOC so called progressive green deal supporter. My plan is simple - weaning off of wasteful military spending and investing in a sustainable infrastructure, like China and Europe are already doing. And if manufacturing jobs are coming home the solar industry is booming right now. The US could once again lead the world in exports ( which Carter had already planned but something stopped it - oh yeah Reaganomics and the neocon war economy).

Don't patronize me like I'm some college toad or an AOC so called progressive green deal supporter.

Don't want to be patronized like one of those morons, try harder not to make moronic comments like they do.
Ok troll. Whatever you say.

He is not a troll, he is asking a question and it seems to me you dont want to answer except to attack good paying Union blue collar jobs.

Don't want to be patronized like one of those morons, try harder not to make moronic comments like they do.
Ok trolls. Whatever you say.

Internet troll: A person, usually operating under a pseudonym, who posts deliberately provocative messages to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of provoking maximum disruption and argument. They are often paid by nefarious sources but sometime are motivated to do so for their own amusement. They often try to provoke dissension and doubt by writing dis-informational letters to the editors of newspapers.

Another good definition of an internet troll: A person who purposely and deliberately starts an online or media argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by other commenters. He will often use ad hominem attacks.

Weaponizing the Term « Conspiracy Theory »: Disinformation Agents and the CIA | Mondialisation - Centre de Recherche sur la Mondialisation

Last edited:
How many trillions should we spend to ensure we never see those temperatures again?
Dude. Don't patronize me like I'm some college toad or an AOC so called progressive green deal supporter. My plan is simple - weaning off of wasteful military spending and investing in a sustainable infrastructure, like China and Europe are already doing. And if manufacturing jobs are coming home the solar industry is booming right now. The US could once again lead the world in exports ( which Carter had already planned but something stopped it - oh yeah Reaganomics and the neocon war economy).

Don't patronize me like I'm some college toad or an AOC so called progressive green deal supporter.

He is not a troll, he is asking a question and it seems to me you dont want to answer except to attack good paying Union blue collar jobs.

You mean the smart people who lie so much that in a Court hearing he dare not present any of his evidence or methods? So he then lost his defamation case.

You just made that up.

And the funny thing is you don't know you made it up. You actually think it's true, because a conspiracy blog told you it was true. Since you're a conservative, you accept what you've been fed, without questioning. In your mind, fact-checking your masters would indicate a lack of faith in them, so you'll never be caught fact-checking. That's for dirty liberals and other independent thinkers.

Here's a challenge for you. Back your crazy claim up. Not with conspiracy blogs, but with links to the legal judgement on the case.

Oh wait, you can't. So you'll just curse at me instead.

Gawad you are so thick headed!

Dr. Mann lost the case because he wasn't pursuing his case for libel, he sat on it for long periods of time doing NOTHING! Dr. Ball ended up requesting shutting the case down due to Dr.. Mann foot dragging, heck the twerp was the one who stopped the trial in the first place!

I posted the FULL LEGAL judgement and YOU ignored the entire thread I started, you are so pathetic on this, since as the Judge's ENTIRE Ruling has been posted in my thread, which you completely avoided.

Westwall posted several times in the thread, he is way ahead of you on this.

Here is a challenge for you, stop lying, stop making bogus arguments.

Ok trolls. Whatever you say.

Internet troll: A person, usually operating under a pseudonym, who posts deliberately provocative messages to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of provoking maximum disruption and argument. They are often paid by nefarious sources but sometime are motivated to do so for their own amusement. They often try to provoke dissension and doubt by writing dis-informational letters to the editors of newspapers.

Another good definition of an internet troll: A person who purposely and deliberately starts an online or media argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by other commenters. He will often use ad hominem attacks.

Weaponizing the Term « Conspiracy Theory »: Disinformation Agents and the CIA | Mondialisation - Centre de Recherche sur la Mondialisation

b25e5dd0-1e28-4bd6-84bd-f0952be8d3c8-screen-shot-2019-07-18-at-125654-pm.png

You feel these temperatures are unprecedented or unacceptable.
So what do we do to fix them? How much will it cost?

It is 95 ° here in Arkansas and Texas today on October 2nd.
I rest my case.

Dozens of U.S. Cities Had Their Hottest Septembers on Record

Dozens of cities across the country experienced their hottest September in more than a century of recordkeeping.

The September record heat even stretched into Alaska and Hawaii.

All told, more than 100 cities nationwide had a top-three-warmest September and more than 50 locations experienced their hottest September on record.

Dozens of U.S. Cities Had Their Hottest Septembers on Record | The Weather Channel

It is 95 ° here in Arkansas and Texas today on October 2nd.
I rest my case.

Dozens of U.S. Cities Had Their Hottest Septembers on Record

Dozens of cities across the country experienced their hottest September in more than a century of recordkeeping.

The September record heat even stretched into Alaska and Hawaii.

All told, more than 100 cities nationwide had a top-three-warmest September and more than 50 locations experienced their hottest September on record.

Dozens of U.S. Cities Had Their Hottest Septembers on Record | The Weather Channel

You rest your case what, your another Narcissist?

For the millionth time the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, not 120 years plus.

And those fucking records are not even accurate.

I rest my case you're all trolls in the FF game.
Otherwise you'd be agreeing with the 99% of the world that's saying "Yeah he's right. It's fucking hot out there. I've never seen it like this."

What case? That once again your a Narcissist..yes we know.

Dont you have a brain cell In your body to figure out we didnt have the technology back then that we have today..

I notice you completely ignored my post 28 showing these late season heat waves have happened many times before. I can show many more too, but what I showed was enough and happened long ago when CO2 was BELOW the "safe" 350 ppm level, McKibben says so......

Snicker.........................

What case? That once again your a Narcissist..yes we know.

Dont you have a brain cell In your body to figure out we didnt have the technology back then that we have today..
Records go back as far as we kept them genius. What else are you insinuating I implied ?

Propaganda....your counting on the uneducated/indoctrinated liberal base.

No, your hero michael mann refused to turn over documents in his defamation lawsuit against Dr. Tim Ball. Thus, mann lost. And lost big. He must now pay Dr. Balls legal fees.

So, you're telling us that you can't back up any of your fraud here, not even with conspiracy blogs. But you'll keep pushing the fraud. This has reached the status of "sacred dogma" with the deniers, regardless of its complete lack of truth, so all of them are required to parrot it.

Let's go over what's actually happened in the Mann case.

Mann sued FCPP and Ball. Reference case # VLC-S-S-111913

FCPP settled out of court with Mann. FCPP issued a public retraction, and a public apology to Mann. You can read it here.

http://blogs2.law.columbia.edu/clim...07_Court-No.-VLC-S-S-111913_press-release.png

Ball asked for endless delays because all his witnesses had died, and because his health was poor, and because he had no credibility, hence he couldn't defame Mann. That's right, Ball admitted in court to having no credibility.

All of Mann's data and methodology is available online for anyone to examine. Therefore, it would be insane to ask a court to order Mann to provide it, as the answer would be "here's the website address". That's why nobody did such a thing. "Mann wouldn't turn over documents!" is a denier cult myth.

There was no "Mann must pay Dr. Ball's legal bills" order. That's another denier cult myth.

Essentially, Ball just ran out the clock. Mann could keep pressing, but I think he's taking pity on Ball for being in poor health and stupid, and for already being a laughingstock.

I'll also note that in the USA, CEI and NR are still asking the court to have their libel case dismissed. They don't want to face Mann in court.

Last edited:
The official Satellite data

There's "official" satellite data?

Tell us, who officially classified it as "official"? How does a data get the coveted "official" status?

You're using UAH, which is regarded as garbage. It's the wild outlier of every data set. It doesn't match any other data set, including the weather balloons.

However, it says what you want to hear, and thus in your eyes, it's "official".

Surface temperature data don't mean anything when considering the AGW conjecture.

So we shouldn't use surface temperatures to compare with model predictions of surface temperatures, and should use bad satellite models instead. That makes no sense.

The 1990 IPCC PREDICTION was for an average of .30C per decade,

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Analysis: How well have climate models projected global warming? | Carbon Brief
---
Despite a best estimate of climate sensitivity a tad lower than the 3C used today, the FAR overestimated the rate of warming between 1970 and 2016 by around 17% in their BAU scenario, showing 1C warming over that period vs 0.85C observed. This is mostly due to the projection of much higher atmospheric CO2 concentrations than has actually occurred.
---

No, your hero michael mann refused to turn over documents in his defamation lawsuit against Dr. Tim Ball. Thus, mann lost. And lost big. He must now pay Dr. Balls legal fees.

So, you're telling us that you can't back up any of your fraud here, not even with conspiracy blogs. But you'll keep pushing the fraud. This has reached the status of "sacred dogma" with the deniers, regardless of its complete lack of truth, so all of them are required to parrot it.

Let's go over what's actually happened in the Mann case.

Mann sued FCPP and Ball. Reference case # VLC-S-S-111913

FCPP settled out of court with Mann. FCPP issued a public retraction, and a public apology to Mann. You can read it here.

http://blogs2.law.columbia.edu/clim...07_Court-No.-VLC-S-S-111913_press-release.png

Ball asked for endless delays because all his witnesses had died, and because his health was poor, and because he had no credibility, hence he couldn't defame Mann. That's right, Ball admitted in court to having no credibility.

All of Mann's data and methodology is available online for anyone to examine. Therefore, it would be insane to ask a court to order Mann to provide it, as the answer would be "here's the website". That's why nobody did such a thing. "Mann wouldn't turn over documents!" is a denier cult myth.

There was no "Mann must pay Dr. Balls legal bills" order. That's another denier cult myth.

Essentially, Ball just ran out the clock. Mann could keep pressing, but I think he's taking pity on Ball for being in poor health and stupid.

I'll also note that in the USA, CEI and NR are still asking the court to have their libel case dismissed. They don't want to face Mann in court.

Ball asked for endless delays because all his witnesses had died, and because his health was poor,

[6] I turn first to whether there has been inordinate delay. Some key dates in the litigation are:

a) March 25, 2011, the action was commenced;

b) July 7, 2011, the notice of civil claim was amended;

c) June 5, 2012, the notice of civil claim was further amended;

d) From approximately June of 2013 until November of 2014, there were no steps taken in the action;

e) November 12, 2014, the plaintiff filed a notice of intention to proceed;

f) February 20, 2017, the matter was initially supposed to go to trial, but that trial date was adjourned;

g) July 20, 2017, the date of the last communication received from Mr. Mann or his counsel by the defendant. No steps were taken in the matter until March 21, 2019 when the application to dismiss was filed;

h) April 10, 2019, a second notice of intention to proceed was filed; and

i) August 9, 2019, after the first day of the hearing of this application, a new trial date was set for January 11, 2021.

[7] There have been at least two extensive periods of delay. Commencing in approximately June 2013, there was a delay of approximately 15 months where nothing was done to move the matter ahead. There was a second extensive period of delay from July 20, 2017 until the filing of the application to dismiss on March 21, 2019, a delay of 20 months. Again, nothing was done during this period to move the matter ahead. The total time elapsed, from the filing of the notice of civil claim until the application to dismiss was filed, was eight years. It will be almost ten years by the time the matter goes to trial. There have been two periods, of approximately 35 months in total, where nothing was done. In my view, by any measure, this is an inordinate delay.

[8] I now turn to whether the delay is excusable. In my view, it is not. There is no evidence from the plaintiff explaining the delay. Dr. Mann filed an affidavit but he provides no evidence whatsoever addressing the delay. Importantly, he does not provide any evidence saying that the delay was due to his counsel, nor does he provide evidence that he instructed his counsel to proceed diligently with the matter. He simply does not address delay at all.
[9] Counsel for Dr. Mann submits that the delay was due to his being busy on other matters, but the affidavit evidence falls far short of establishing this. The affidavit of Jocelyn Molnar, filed April 10, 2019, simply addresses what matters plaintiff's counsel was involved in at various times. The affidavit does not connect those other matters to the delay here. It does not explain the lengthy delay in 2013 and 2014 and does not adequately explain the delay from July 2017. The evidence falls far short of establishing an excuse for the delay.
[10] Even if I was satisfied that the evidence established the delay was solely due to plaintiff's counsel being busy with other matters, which I am not, I do not agree that this would be an adequate excuse. Counsel for the plaintiff was unable to provide any authority establishing that counsel's busy schedule is a valid excuse for delay.
LOL! Liar​

All of Mann's data and methodology is available online for anyone to examine.

Should have been easy for him to provide it then......

There was no "Mann must pay Dr. Balls legal bills" order. That's another denier cult myth.

[18] Those are my reasons, counsel. Costs?

[19] MR. SCHERR: I would, of course, ask for costs for the defendant, given the dismissal of the action.

[20] MR. MCCONCHIE: Costs follow the event. I have no quarrel with that.

[21] THE COURT: All right. I agree. The costs will follow the event, so the defendant will have his costs of the application and also the costs of the action, since the action is dismissed.

DURR

The official Satellite data

There's "official" satellite data?

Tell us, who officially classified it as "official"? How does a data get the coveted "official" status?

You're using UAH, which is regarded as garbage. It's the wild outlier of every data set. It doesn't match any other data set, including the weather balloons.

However, it says what you want to hear, and thus in your eyes, it's "official".

Surface temperature data don't mean anything when considering the AGW conjecture.

So we shouldn't use surface temperatures to compare with model predictions of surface temperatures, and should use bad satellite models instead. That makes no sense.

The 1990 IPCC PREDICTION was for an average of .30C per decade,

Where do you come up with this stuff?

Analysis: How well have climate models projected global warming? | Carbon Brief
---
Despite a best estimate of climate sensitivity a tad lower than the 3C used today, the FAR overestimated the rate of warming between 1970 and 2016 by around 17% in their BAU scenario, showing 1C warming over that period vs 0.85C observed. This is mostly due to the projection of much higher atmospheric CO2 concentrations than has actually occurred.
---

You are sooo lazy to look it up, I have posted THIS many times in the forum, YOU saw it and amazingly warmists always forget it, that is why I don't link it much anymore, it will get ignored as YOU will here again, since you are a dishonest person.

This straight off the IPCC website:

"Based on current model results, we predict: • under the IPCC Business-as-Usual (Scenario A emissions of greenhouse gases, a rate of increase of global mean temperature during the next century of about 0 3°C per decade (with an uncertainty range of 0 2°C to 0 5°C per decade)..."

bolding mine

Your unsupported bias against UAH will be ignored since you have many times been shown that all of the issues have been accounted for, you just don't like it because you are a profoundly dishonest person.

Mamooth is LYING like hell!

He writes this bullcrap:

"Ball asked for endless delays because all his witnesses had died, and because his health was poor, and because he had no credibility, hence he couldn't defame Mann. That's right, Ball admitted in court to having no credibility.

All of Mann's data and methodology is available online for anyone to examine. Therefore, it would be insane to ask a court to order Mann to provide it, as the answer would be "here's the website address". That's why nobody did such a thing. "Mann wouldn't turn over documents!" is a denier cult myth.

There was no "Mann must pay Dr. Ball's legal bills" order. That's another denier cult myth.

Essentially, Ball just ran out the clock. Mann could keep pressing, but I think he's taking pity on Ball for being in poor health and stupid, and for already being a laughingstock."

=========================

I told this liar over 30 minutes before his lie posted this in reply to him:

Post 43

"Gawad you are so thick headed!

Dr. Mann lost the case because he wasn't pursuing his case for libel, he sat on it for long periods of time doing NOTHING! Dr. Ball ended up requesting shutting the case down due to Dr.. Mann foot dragging, heck the twerp was the one who stopped the trial in the first place!

I posted the FULL LEGAL judgement and YOU ignored the entire thread I started, you are so pathetic on this, since as the Judge's ENTIRE Ruling has been posted in my thread, which you completely avoided."

===================

It is clear you never read the Official Decision at all since what you post is a flat out LIE! From THIS LINK, you never read

[1] THE COURT: I will render my reasons on the application to dismiss. I reserve the right to amend these reasons for clarity and grammar, but the result will not change.

[2] The defendant brings an application for an order dismissing the action for delay.

[3] The plaintiff, Dr. Mann, and the defendant, Dr. Ball, have dramatically different opinions on climate change. I do not intend to address those differences. It is sufficient that one believes climate change is man-made and the other does not. As a result of the different opinions held, the two have been in near constant conflict for many years.

[4] The underlying action concerns, first, a statement made by the defendant in an interview conducted on February 9, 2011. He said, “Michael Mann at Penn State should be in the state pen, not Penn State.” This statement was published on a website and is alleged to be defamatory of the plaintiff. The notice of civil claim also alleges multiple other statements published by Mr. Ball are defamatory. It is not necessary that I address the many alleged defamatory statements."

and,

"[7] There have been at least two extensive periods of delay. Commencing in approximately June 2013, there was a delay of approximately 15 months where nothing was done to move the matter ahead. There was a second extensive period of delay from July 20, 2017 until the filing of the application to dismiss on March 21, 2019, a delay of 20 months. Again, nothing was done during this period to move the matter ahead. The total time elapsed, from the filing of the notice of civil claim until the application to dismiss was filed, was eight years. It will be almost ten years by the time the matter goes to trial. There have been two periods, of approximately 35 months in total, where nothing was done. In my view, by any measure, this is an inordinate delay.

[8] I now turn to whether the delay is excusable. In my view, it is not. There is no evidence from the plaintiff explaining the delay. Dr. Mann filed an affidavit but he provides no evidence whatsoever addressing the delay. Importantly, he does not provide any evidence saying that the delay was due to his counsel, nor does he provide evidence that he instructed his counsel to proceed diligently with the matter. He simply does not address delay at all"

and the clincher,

"[12] Accordingly, I find that the delay is inexcusable.

[13] With respect to prejudice, such prejudice is presumed unless the prejudice is rebutted. Indeed, the presumption of prejudice is given even more weight in defamation cases: Samson v. Scaletta, 2016 BCSC 2598, at paras 40-43. The plaintiff has not filed any evidence rebutting the presumption of prejudice.

[14] Moreover, the defendant has led actual evidence of actual prejudice. The evidence is that the defendant intended to call three witnesses at trial who would have provided evidence going to fair comment and malice. Those witnesses have now died. A fourth witness is no longer able to travel. Thus, in addition to finding that presumption of prejudice has not been rebutted, I also find that there has been actual prejudice to the defendant as a consequence of the delay.

[15] Turning to the final factor, I have little hesitation in finding that, on balance, justice requires the action be dismissed. The parties are both in their eighties and Dr. Ball is in poor health. He has had this action hanging over his head like the sword of Damocles for eight years and he will need to wait until January 2021 before the matter proceeds to trial. That is a ten year delay from the original alleged defamatory statement. Other witnesses are also elderly or in poor health. The memories of all parties and witnesses will have faded by the time the matter goes to trial.

[16] I find that, because of the delay, it will be difficult, if not impossible, for there to be a fair trial for the defendant. This is a relatively straightforward defamation action and should have been resolved long before now. That it has not been resolved is because the plaintiff has not given it the priority that he should have. In the circumstances, justice requires that the action be dismissed and, accordingly, I do hereby dismiss the action for delay."

I hope your Kitty sized brain can digest this simple to understand ruling in favor for Dr. Ball....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back