Suffocation to be used in capital punishment

Dahmner was mentally ill and probably should have been found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Instead, he was thrown in general population with no treatment and murdered by another inmate.
Excuse after excuse by you. Go peddle your bleeding heart somewhere where someone cares.

Dahmner was mentally ill and probably should have been found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Instead, he was thrown in general population with no treatment and murdered by another inDahmer.

Dahmer murdered a bunch of people. He should have been put to death a week after conviction.

Anyone who kills that number of people in that way is of course insane. They are nothing more than a rabid dog.

You kill rabid dogs.

They didn't do what they were accused of. 20 were executed anyway, and 196 were exonerated before they could be executed.

"Almost good enough" isn't an answer here.

Sorry.

If you can't tell me with absolute certainty that you won't execute an innocent person by mistake, no executions at all for anyone

What do you not understand between the two different standards

reasonable doubt vs beyond all doubt?

What do you not understand between the two different standards

reasonable doubt vs beyond all doubt?

They didn't do it. that strikes me as a reasonable doubt.

Fuck, someone else confessed to murdering Jeanine Nicarrico, but DuPage County put Rolando Cruz on trial again and got yet another DP conviction.

Another guy said he did it is a pretty reasonable doubt.

A couple of points.

Gas Chambers were not made illegal, they simply stopped using them in favor of lethal injection, just like they stopped using Old Sparky and Firing Squads.

Now, lethal injection is a problem because no pharmaceutical company will sell them the drugs, and no doctor will stick the needle in. Something about that Hippocratic Oath.

This method is untested, which should make it suspect, and the man they are trying to kill with it already survived a half-ass attempt to give him the needle.

Now, ALL of that said, the problem with Capital Punishment overall is that it shouldn't be used because governments make mistakes. Cops lie about evidence because they are "sure" the perp is guilty, Prosecutors go with dubious cases because they need to keep a conviction rate up, and public defenders are often overworked and incompetent.

We shouldn't have a punishment that can't be revoked if we don't have a perfect system.

How do you revoke someone spending 60 years behind bars and dying in Prison?

People aren't dogs.

We put sick dogs to sleep when they get too old. Should we do that to old people?

If they act like dogs they ARE dogs. And you treat them as such.

Dogs are put to sleep to end their suffering.

If a person wants to kill themself that is up to them, not me.

I have my issues with the current system of capital punishment in this country.
But that's another topic.
A prisoner in AL is going to be killed by asphyxiation by nitrogen gas. Does that rise to cruel and unusual? It certainly is unusual since gas chambers have been outlawed.

That is not really suffocation. He will have air, he will be able to breathe. There will be no suffering. Nothing toxic or no bad odor. It will be air, just without the oxygen content normally in it and he will slowly become groggy and lose consciousness, then pass away.

No, we could just not execute people, because there's no real good reason to. It's why most advanced democracies have abolished capital punishment.

Then it doesn't have to be "perfect".

They are soft, no reason to emulate them.

Again, why is 60 years in prison and dying while innocent any better?

215 cases we know of where they were absolutely sure the guy was guilty, and it turned out he wasn't.

My state abolished the death penalty after several high-profile exonerations. One of them involved a case where it was proven that the police and prosecutors framed a man. They kept putting him on trial even after another guy confessed to the crime and DNA proved it was him. when a special prosecutor put the cops and prosecutors on trial, the jury acquitted them and then went out and had drinks with the defendants.

Nope, a systems like ours shouldn't get an ultimate penalty with so many flaws.
So you support criminals gotcha.

hypoxia is totally painless
they train air-crews on how to know the signs of hypoxia
they use an altitude chamber
they pump the air out to simulate various altitudes

I don't know why an overdose of an opiate, perhaps fentanyl, is not used to kill people who are sentenced to capitol punishment. It is readily available, cheap and effective.

They are soft, no reason to emulate them.

Again, why is 60 years in prison and dying while innocent any better?
Well,for one, they would be alive.

For two, they'd have 60 years to prove their innocence.

So you support criminals gotcha.
Go back, read what I actually said, and have someone explain the big words to you.

Well,for one, they would be alive.

For two, they'd have 60 years to prove their innocence.

Go back, read what I actually said, and have someone explain the big words to you.

60 vs. 20. Not really a big difference, and the person is still dead at the end of it.

I read it, as with most of your stuff it's drivel.

No, we could just not execute people, because there's no real good reason to. It's why most advanced democracies have abolished capital punishment.

Then it doesn't have to be "perfect".
Rabid dogs will continue to kill until they are put down.

So will some ultra violent criminals. Kill them because they will continue to kill in prison.

Forum List

Back