Such Pridefulness: Mississippi Declares April 'Confederate Heritage Month'----Liberal Madness Ensues

foolish traitors

I can't get over the intellectual level at which Liberals are able to discuss history.

I ran across an ol' girl on Facebook today that swore up and down that, "Mexican", is a race.
you are the dishonest one trying to pretend that the confederacy was anything other than treasonous

I'm able to discuss the subject with a significant amount of intelligence and maturity.

"Foolish traitors", has got to the intellectual basement of this thread.
and yet the secessionists were foolish traitors.
did they not wage war against their own country?

I'm their opinion, they didn't wage war against their own country.

They attempted to destroy the country as it existed. They were legally bound by the Constitution to preserve the Union, barring a legal dissolution. Outright secession was not a legal dissolution of the Union.

I can't get over the intellectual level at which Liberals are able to discuss history.

I ran across an ol' girl on Facebook today that swore up and down that, "Mexican", is a race.
you are the dishonest one trying to pretend that the confederacy was anything other than treasonous

I'm able to discuss the subject with a significant amount of intelligence and maturity.

They attempted to destroy the country as it existed. They were legally bound by the Constitution to preserve the Union, barring a legal dissolution. Outright secession was not a legal dissolution of the Union.

No one tried to destroy the country. Please, you people need to throttle back on the drama...lol

No one tried to destroy the country. Please, you people need to throttle back on the drama...lol

A country split in half is not destroyed?

so? reality says they did. reality says they were traitors fighting to maintain slavery.

Reality doesn't say they did. Stop lying for effect.

A country split in half is not destroyed?

No, it's not. Think about it...lol

so? reality says they did. reality says they were traitors fighting to maintain slavery.

how can you say they didn't wage war on their own country in an attempt to preserve slavery? that they did is a historical fact. why would you want to pretend otherwise?

how can you say they didn't wage war on their own country in an attempt to preserve slavery? that they did is a historical fact. why would you want to pretend otherwise?

From their perspective, their own country was The Confederate States of America. Also, from their perspective, they were fighting a defensive action, therefore, war was being waged on them.

You said it yourself "did not elect ".

You can dress up the confederacy pig all you want , they were traitors ! No getting around that .

You freaks are the same people who call Bo Bergdal a traitor for wandering off and getting caught by the Taliban . That's treason but what the confederates did was not!?? Playa please!

Bergdahl is a traitor and a deserter.

The Confederates didn't join a foreign army, hostile to The United States, nor did they have the desire to overthrow The United States government.
they did in fact try to overthrow the united states government and they pretended to be a foreign army hostile to the united states

No, you're wrong. The Confederates never had plans to overthrow The United States government.
The Secretary of War of the Confederacy --

"[The] Secretary of War, addressing the shouting throng, said, — "No man can tell where this war, commenced this day, will end ;
but I will prophesy that the flag which now flaunts the breeze here, will float over the dome of their old capitol at Washington before the first of May. Let them try Southern chivalry and test the extent of Southern resources, and it may float eventually over Faneuil Hall itself.
"

Lives of the Presidents of the United States of America

And?

From their perspective, their own country was The Confederate States of America. Also, from their perspective, they were fighting a defensive action, therefore, war was being waged on them.
im not interested in their rationalizations. reality says they waged war against their countrymen to defend slavery

"Let me tell you what is coming. After the sacrifice of countless millions of treasure and hundreds of thousands of lives you may win Southern independence, but I doubt it. The North is determined to preserve this Union.

They are not a fiery, impulsive people as you are, for they live in colder climates. But when they begin to move in a given direction, they move with the steady momentum and perseverance of a mighty avalanche. "Texas Gov. Sam Houston

im not interested in their rationalizations. reality says they waged war against their countrymen to defend slavery

Their perspective matters more than your narrow minded, uninformed opinion.

Their perspective matters more than your narrow minded, uninformed opinion.
you call me uninformed and yet you can't even recognize that they were traitors.

traitors with rationalizations are still traitors. their 'perspective' doesn't change what they did

They didn't secede to preserve slavery?

Here's your reality. It's the official secession document by the state of Mississippi. It starts thusly:

Mississippi
A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union.

"In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world."

...did I make the most relevant portion large enough for you? Time for YOU to get real.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

You said it yourself "did not elect ".

You can dress up the confederacy pig all you want , they were traitors ! No getting around that .

You freaks are the same people who call Bo Bergdal a traitor for wandering off and getting caught by the Taliban . That's treason but what the confederates did was not!?? Playa please!

The Confederates didn't join a foreign army, hostile to The United States, nor did they have the desire to overthrow The United States government.
they did in fact try to overthrow the united states government and they pretended to be a foreign army hostile to the united states

No, you're wrong. The Confederates never had plans to overthrow The United States government.

"[The] Secretary of War, addressing the shouting throng, said, — "No man can tell where this war, commenced this day, will end ;
but I will prophesy that the flag which now flaunts the breeze here, will float over the dome of their old capitol at Washington before the first of May. Let them try Southern chivalry and test the extent of Southern resources, and it may float eventually over Faneuil Hall itself.
"

And?
Your point was shlonged.

They didn't secede to preserve slavery?

Here's your reality. It's the official secession document by the state of Mississippi. It starts thusly:

Mississippi
A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of Mississippi from the Federal Union.

"In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world."

...did I make the most relevant portion large enough for you? Time for YOU to get real.

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States

Don't lie for effect. I never said that.

"

And?
Your point was shlonged.

One obscure quote isn't proof. Sorry.

Now, show us the official Confederate policy to overthrow The United States government and the plan to occupy Washington D.C.

Forum List

Back