What Kind of Person is Supporting Trump?

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
In an extremely well written letter to the editor in this morning's Los Angeles Times, a reader writes:

"The GOP has done this to itself. By encouraging the hateful rhetoric and anti-government vitriol of Fox News and others, the party has set the stage for Trump ..... Less educated working class whites are afraid of the demographic and cultural changes coming because it means the loss of their status as members of the preferred class. The GOP has taken advantage of this by whipping up fear and anger among them. Along comes their savior, Trump, who tells them what they want to hear.

"The monster is loose, Dr. Frankenstein. Your creature is going to kill you."

I couldn't agree more. Trump is easily on of the most annoying people I have ever seen. His arrogance and lack of humility are exceeded only by his rudeness and obvious lack of class. Can you imagine any presidential candidate in the last 60 years conducting himself the way Trump does on a daily basis? I was listening to the most recent Republican "debate" the other night. Can you imagine Dwight David Eisenhower, Jack Kennedy or, for that matter, Ronald Reagan, saying anything even close to the things that Trump is saying? Of course not.

Times have changed, you say? It's a new dawn for the conducting of presidential campaigns, you say? Hogwash. Have the standards for President of the United States changed? I don't think so. This man is so obviously the wrong person for the job it is not even funny - it's tragic.

"I'm for Trump because he's not afraid to tell it like it is!" Translation? "Trump is a bigoted asshole and so am I!" I feel sadness for all of those who purport to support this arrogant jerk. How they are unable to see beyond his obvious facade is beyond me.

I have mixed emotions about who will ultimately get the Republican nomination. My sincere hope is that it will be Trump, for obvious reasons. It will insure a Democratic victory in November.

oh stuff it. you snobs are the worst of all mankind in my book. your noses are so high up in the air you block the sun off your face.

low and slimy and that includes the author of the garbage and the LASlimes for putting it out

.... Less educated working class whites are afraid of the demographic and cultural changes coming because it means the loss of their status as members of the preferred class. ..

I stopped reading this shit here.

Working Class Whites are not now, nor have been for quite a long time, been a member of any "preferred class".

oh stuff it. you snobs are the worst of all mankind in my book. your noses are so high up in the air you block the sun off your face.

low and slimy and that includes the author of the garbage and the LASlimes for putting it out
Ever noticed wgat direction Trump's nose is pointed when he's not speaking.

Funny how you think you're not voting for an elitist when you're voting for a freakin' New York billionare! You rubes!

Funny how you think you're not voting for an elitist when you're voting for a freakin' New York billionare! You rubes!

You're not understanding the problem conservatives have with elitist snobs.

In an extremely well written letter to the editor in this morning's Los Angeles Times, a reader writes:

"The GOP has done this to itself. By encouraging the hateful rhetoric and anti-government vitriol of Fox News and others, the party has set the stage for Trump ..... Less educated working class whites are afraid of the demographic and cultural changes coming because it means the loss of their status as members of the preferred class. The GOP has taken advantage of this by whipping up fear and anger among them. Along comes their savior, Trump, who tells them what they want to hear.

"The monster is loose, Dr. Frankenstein. Your creature is going to kill you."

I couldn't agree more. Trump is easily on of the most annoying people I have ever seen. His arrogance and lack of humility are exceeded only by his rudeness and obvious lack of class. Can you imagine any presidential candidate in the last 60 years conducting himself the way Trump does on a daily basis? I was listening to the most recent Republican "debate" the other night. Can you imagine Dwight David Eisenhower, Jack Kennedy or, for that matter, Ronald Reagan, saying anything even close to the things that Trump is saying? Of course not.

Times have changed, you say? It's a new dawn for the conducting of presidential campaigns, you say? Hogwash. Have the standards for President of the United States changed? I don't think so. This man is so obviously the wrong person for the job it is not even funny - it's tragic.

"I'm for Trump because he's not afraid to tell it like it is!" Translation? "Trump is a bigoted asshole and so am I!" I feel sadness for all of those who purport to support this arrogant jerk. How they are unable to see beyond his obvious facade is beyond me.

I have mixed emotions about who will ultimately get the Republican nomination. My sincere hope is that it will be Trump, for obvious reasons. It will insure a Democratic victory in November.

Only the uneducated and the bigoted actually read the Los Angeles Times.

Less educated working class whites are afraid of the demographic and cultural changes coming because it means the loss of their status as members of the preferred class.
Uh... sounds like a winner... the Intelligentsia at work. Despising the working class as untermenschen...

Oh I get it. But then you go and vote for elitists who sort of pretend not to be

.... Less educated working class whites are afraid of the demographic and cultural changes coming because it means the loss of their status as members of the preferred class. ..

Working Class Whites are not now, nor have been for quite a long time, been a member of any "preferred class".

talk about racist and bigots. they are crawling out of the wood work over these elections and it's being stirred by the media, colleges and universities and that slimy Progressive/Democrat party. I don't know how much more white people is going to put up with this Blatant in their face, racism and bigotry against them.

talk about racist and bigots. they are crawling out of the wood work over these elections and it's being stirred by the media, colleges and universities and that slimy Progressive/Democrat party. I don't know how much more white people is going to put up with this Blatant in their face, racism and bigotry against them.
What are you prepared to do about it?

Oh I get it. But then you go and vote for elitists who sort of pretend not to be

Nope.

Conservatives have no problem with CELEBRATING people who are successful.

Or even turning to them as leaders.

What pisses us off is the condescension we get from the Left Elitists.

.....Funny how you think you're not voting for an elitist when you're voting for a freakin' New York billionare! You rubes!

Personally, I'm taking a Republican ballot on Tuesday, voting Trump, and will then write my own name in on the November ballot. My vote on Tuesday is less for Trump than against the establishment Republicans who don't have the first idea what Conservatism actually IS. Trump talks it but wouldn't walk it. The rest won't even talk it.

What are you prepared to do about it?

Stephanie is ready to roll. LOL!

You would NEVER see some article put out in the LAslimes that says : the uneducated and worthless black people are the ones supporting Hillary and Bernie.

and that a liberal, like the OP, would put this out and not see a damn thing wrong it. I guess they've used up all that compassion and tolerance they have for all people. disgusting

Nope.

Conservatives have no problem with CELEBRATING people who are successful.

Or even turning to them as leaders.

What pisses us off is the condescension we get from the Left Elitists.
Yes, I know you'd rather be patronized by Right Elitists.

.....Funny how you think you're not voting for an elitist when you're voting for a freakin' New York billionare! You rubes!

Personally, I'm taking a Republican ballot on Tuesday, voting Trump, and will then write my own name in on the November ballot. My vote on Tuesday is less for Trump than against the establishment Republicans who don't have the first idea what Conservatism actually IS. Trump talks it but wouldn't walk it. The rest won't even talk it.
What about Cruz? What is non-Conservative about him?

Forum List

Back