Study: Media Fact-Checker Says Republicans Lie More

Bwwwhahahahahaha...............

This is like asking Chuck-u Schumer if he dislikes republicans, with the same amount of objective validity.

I mean, we've known this already for the longest, now it's just substantiated by facts and numbers.

Republicans have taken the act of lying to an artform.

Read it and weep...

CMPA: Media Fact-Checker Says Republicans Lie More

Once again low information people like your self have NO IDEA who PolitiFact.com is!
This is part of a newspaper known as "Pravda WEST"... the St. Petersburg Times!

I know because I live there!

This paper is so far left it is up Obama/Democrat they have NO idea what the facts are and their name is a sham!
So right off the bat, I find this so totally biased it is discarded!

BUT read another point of view...
Selection Bias? PolitiFact Rates Republican Statements as False at 3 Times the Rate of Democrats - Smart Politics

When PolitiFact Editor Bill Adair was on C-SPAN's Washington Journal in August of 2009, he explained how statements are picked:

"We choose to check things we are curious about. If we look at something and we think that an elected official or talk show host is wrong, then we will fact-check it."

If that is the methodology, then why is it that PolitiFact takes Republicans to the woodshed much more frequently than Democrats?

One could theoretically argue that one political party has made a disproportionately higher number of false claims than the other, and that this is subsequently reflected in the distribution of ratings on the PolitiFact site.

However, there is no evidence offered by PolitiFact that this is their calculus in decision-making.

Nor does PolitiFact claim on its site to present a 'fair and balanced' selection of statements, or that the statements rated are representative of the general truthfulness of the nation's political parties or the elected officials involved.

In his August 2009 C-SPAN interview, Adair explained how the Pants on Fire rating was the site's most popular feature, and the rationale for its inclusion on the Truth-O-Meter scale:

"We don't take this stuff too seriously. It's politics, but it's a sport too."

By levying 23 Pants on Fire ratings to Republicans over the past year compared to just 4 to Democrats, it appears the sport of choice is game hunting - and the game is elephants.

yeah yeah, already posted and it was a yawner

Last edited:
To Marc and other mental midgets on the left there's some sort of street cred earned by lying less than someone else. Of course it's stupid, idiotic, etc., but that's never stopped their ilk before.

Guess all that truth telling over at MSNBC is why their meager audience continues to shrink towards oblivion.

Bwwwhahahahahaha...............

This is like asking Chuck-u Schumer if he dislikes republicans, with the same amount of objective validity.
Why? Just because you say so? Or because you don't like the results of the study? Which one...?

It's already been proven that the source of the study has a left wing bias.

I wonder if I made a study based upon Rush Limbaugh's shows, what it would show about Democrats.

That is about how much creditability this study has.

It's already been proven that the source of the study has a left wing bias.

I wonder if I made a study based upon Rush Limbaugh's shows, what it would show about Democrats.

That is about how much creditability this study has.
Post the link that corroborates what you just stated.

Last edited:
"The study examined 100 statements involving factual claims by Democrats (46 claims) and Republicans (54 claims), which were fact-checked by PolitiFact.com during the four month period from the start of President Obama’s second term on January 20 through May 22, 2013."

Why not all of them, and what methodology was used to choose the 100?

Why was this study limited to one left-leaning source when there are other mainstream sources also?

Marc,

They don't rate all statements, only ones they want to rate.

Now I could do the same thing and guess what, I could select more false statements from Democrats than I do from Republicans and that would prove what?

Not that Democrats lie more, but that I have a bias against Democrats.

Here's an example of their bias:

PolitiFact | All statements involving Adam Putnam

Adam Putnam is the Commissioner of Agriculture in Florida and a former US Congressman. Only 7 statements were rated by him. His opponent in the last election, Scott Maddox only had 1 statement rated.

Why would a Florida newspaper not pay more attention to a Florida election?

PolitiFact | Adam Putnam's file

PolitiFact | Scott Maddox's file

Rick Scott (Florida Governor) had 88 statements rated.

PolitiFact | Rick Scott's file

His opponent, Alex Sink only had 17 comments rated.

PolitiFact | Alex Sink's file

So as I understand it, an unbiased media research group, goes to a media bias site and finds a biased story and claims it is not biased?

Maybe the unbiased media research is biased? So, the story is based on false data, and now we have to buy into the lie, because a liberal is stupid enough to believe it?

Forum List

Back