Stranger Things

I resisted watching this because I thought it was straight horror and I just don't like scary movies. But then someone said it was more like the Goonies in the 80s, so I gave it a try. Well it is scary actually but now I'm hooked.

The 80s is done really, really well in this--right down to the details, which is uncanny to me. I was almost the exact same age as the characters in the series in 83-86, so that's amazing, looking back at how much things have changed and how things used to be.

I'm through the first two seasons and just started three. Can definitely see how season 1 is strongest. Millie Brown was a revelation early on. I didn't know much of anything about her or the series--whoa. What a remarkable young actress. And Winona as Joyce is also amazing. A couple people have told me I have Joyce vibes and I can totally see that-- I'm small, dark-eyed and bird-like, as she is. I love Winona Ryder. Just a class act.

Anyway I will definitely see the series through. It's too good not to finish, even though I can see the first season was strongest. Too much fun to watch the strong cast and 80s details.

I’ve watched the whole thing. Very well done. I think they’re bringing out a final series.

The Kate Bush scene was classic.

I’ve watched the whole thing. Very well done. I think they’re bringing out a final series.

The Kate Bush scene was classic.

This was part of what piqued my interest in watching. I open Twitter one day and see Kate Bush trending in like the top ten. I'm thinking OH NO what happened? I have been a HUGE FAN since Hounds of Love released in yeah, 1985. I was THAT GIRL in Ohio, like Max, listening to her. She's like otherworldly brilliant.

But I'm also thinking--"Running Up That Hill" is Kate "mainstream". So all the newcomers: brace yourselves for The Dreaming....heh

I resisted watching this because I thought it was straight horror and I just don't like scary movies. But then someone said it was more like the Goonies in the 80s, so I gave it a try. Well it is scary actually but now I'm hooked.

The 80s is done really, really well in this--right down to the details, which is uncanny to me. I was almost the exact same age as the characters in the series in 83-86, so that's amazing, looking back at how much things have changed and how things used to be.

I'm through the first two seasons and just started three. Can definitely see how season 1 is strongest. Millie Brown was a revelation early on. I didn't know much of anything about her or the series--whoa. What a remarkable young actress. And Winona as Joyce is also amazing. A couple people have told me I have Joyce vibes and I can totally see that-- I'm small, dark-eyed and bird-like, as she is. I love Winona Ryder. Just a class act.

Anyway I will definitely see the series through. It's too good not to finish, even though I can see the first season was strongest. Too much fun to watch the strong cast and 80s details.
In opinion, Millie Bobbie Brown makes this series a hit. Be sure to watch here in the movie Enola Homes on Netflix. I expect she's going to be a major star.

Forum List

Back