40 years of TransFormers

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
"TIL ALL ARE ONE: TRANSFORMERS 40TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT celebrates a legacy that began in 1984 and hasn’t stopped exciting fans for 40 years. This special cinema experience will take you back to the very beginning as the original voice actors team up for the first time in decades to revisit their characters and recreate the enduring magic of The Transformers. An exclusive behind-the-scenes table read appears on a split screen with the pilot episode, More Than Meets the Eye, Part 1, followed by the next three episodes in the first series. Experience the original Saturday morning cartoon for the first time on the big screen and relive its evolution over the years with a sneak peek of the new season of Transformers EarthSpark. Don’t miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to celebrate 40 years of Transformers action, humor and legacy with fans of all ages at an anniversary event that is truly... More Than Meets the Eye!" Transformers: 40th Anniversary Event | Official Website | 15, 18 & 19 May 2024

it's been 40 years since the birth of TransFormers in 1984. Back then, they showed the pilot episodes of Transformers on Saturday mornings during the Summer and then the pilot and the rest of the episodes in September of 1984 on weekday afternoons, after school. it was always Transformers and then GI Joe. I see a similarity between Optimus Prime and Abraham Lincoln, and Megatron and Adolf Hitler, and Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime and John F. Kennedy. Famous men, like Lincoln and Hitler, reach their Prime at age 56 and they both died at age 56. JFK died at age 46. Ordinary everyday men reach their Prime at age 57.

I think the coolest, most awesome fictional character ever created was Skywarp. He is a black and purple F-15 jet and a Decepticon with the coolest voice by Frank Welker. Skywarp can teleport. The only thing is Hasbro gave him a low IQ.

40 plus years of Transformers.

1712401099752.png

We've all seen this movie already.

I think the coolest, most awesome fictional character ever created was Skywarp. He is a black and purple F-15 jet and a Decepticon with the coolest voice by Frank Welker. Skywarp can teleport. The only thing is Hasbro gave him a low IQ.
When my kid was three or four? . . . He was an absolute car and truck nut.

He got some birthday or Christmas money form a relative, and wanted to go buy a toy at the store, so I took him.

He picked out some small truck transformer, but was still too young yet, to understand that it was a transformer. . he had never had any exposure to them. So I let him get it.

After he got it home and had played with it, for a day or two, and it had become his FAVORITE truck? I transformed it into a robot right before his young, still uninitiated eyes.

Then I looked up when the cartoon was on. . . and after he saw his favorite truck/robot on TEE VEE? Well, that was it, transformer fan for life. . :auiqs.jpg:

When my kid was three or four? . . . He was an absolute car and truck nut.

He got some birthday or Christmas money form a relative, and wanted to go buy a toy at the store, so I took him.

He picked out some small truck transformer, but was still too young yet, to understand that it was a transformer. . he had never had any exposure to them. So I let him get it.

After he got it home and had played with it, for a day or two, and it had become his FAVORITE truck? I transformed it into a robot right before his young, still uninitiated eyes.

Then I looked up when the cartoon was on. . . and after he saw his favorite truck/robot on TEE VEE? Well, that was it, transformer fan for life. . :auiqs.jpg:
My favorite Transformers characters are Skywarp and Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime. My favorite GI Joe characters are Firefly and Snake Eyes.

Only the first 20 years is worth remembering though.
I love every episode with Skywarp and Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime. I think my favorite episodes are The Rebirth episodes, which are the final episodes of the original Transformers.

I never understood the appeal of the animal years.
I prefer the original Generation One or G1 Transformers from the 1980s over Beast Wars Transformers from the 1990s. I like robots over animals.

Have seen a couple of bursts over 2/3 minute periods whilst channel hopping .
They endorsed my view that this was likely another boring vehicle for pubescents .

My favorite Transformers characters are Skywarp and Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime. My favorite GI Joe characters are Firefly and Snake Eyes.
I didn't pay much attention to either.

I had nine cousins on my dad's side that were all boys around my age, so I saw all of it, I was into stars wars and star wars toys. I never got into any of that, or had any of those toys.

I didn't pay much attention to either.

I had nine cousins on my dad's side that were all boys around my age, so I saw all of it, I was into stars wars and star wars toys. I never got into any of that, or had any of those toys.
Here are the Voice Actors for those characters:
Skywarp by Frank Welker
Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime by Judd Nelson (in the movie) Dick Gautier (on TV)
Firefly by Gregg Berger
Snake Eyes (did not speak)

Here is the trailer for the newest movie, Transformers One, to be released in theaters September 20th:

Have seen a couple of bursts over 2/3 minute periods whilst channel hopping .
They endorsed my view that this was likely another boring vehicle for pubescents .
There is going to be a Transformers and GI Joe crossover movie and an Optimus Prime movie, after Transformers One (2024), which is the origin story of Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Forum List

Back