Stop pretending

Tehon

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2015
Many of you can now stop pretending Bush didn't lie his way into a war with Iraq.

Smoking gun email exposes Blair on Iraq

The damning memo, from Secretary of State Colin Powell to President George Bush, was written on March 28, 2002, a week before Bush’s famous summit with Blair at his Crawford ranch in Texas.

In it, Powell tells Bush that Blair ‘will be with us’ on military action. Powell assures the President: ‘The UK will follow our lead’.

The disclosure is certain to lead for calls for Sir John Chilcot to reopen his inquiry into the Iraq War if, as is believed, he has not seen the Powell memo.

A second explosive memo from the same cache also reveals how Bush used ‘spies’ in the Labour Party to help him to manipulate British public opinion in favour of the war.

The documents, obtained by The Mail on Sunday, are part of a batch of secret emails held on the private server of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton which U.S. courts have forced her to reveal.

Former Tory Shadow Home Secretary David Davis said: ‘The memos prove in explicit terms what many of us have believed all along: Tony Blair effectively agreed to act as a frontman for American foreign policy in advance of any decision by the House of Commons or the British Cabinet.

The former Prime Minister has always hotly denied the claim that the two men signed a deal ‘in blood’ at Crawford to embark on the war, which started on March 20, 2003.

The Powell document, headed ‘Secret... Memorandum for the President’, lifts the lid on how Blair and Bush secretly plotted the war behind closed doors at Crawford.

Powell says to Bush: ‘He will present to you the strategic, tactical and public affairs lines that he believes will strengthen global support for our common cause,’ adding that Blair has the presentational skills to ‘make a credible public case on current Iraqi threats to international peace’.

Five months after the summit, Downing Street produced the notorious ‘45 minutes from doom’ dossier on Saddam Hussein’s supposed Weapons of Mass Destruction. After Saddam was toppled, the dossier’s claims were exposed as bogus.

Nowhere in the memo is a diplomatic route suggested as the preferred option.

Instead, Powell says that Blair will also advise on how to ‘handle calls’ for the ‘blessing’ of the United Nations Security Council, and to ‘demonstrate that we have thought through “the day after” ’ – in other words, made adequate provision for a post-Saddam Iraq.

Last edited:
I have a question?

Why would Hillary get these 2002 emails in 2009?

For what practical purpose?

Is this suppose to distract from Hillary's problems? Nice try, not going to work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

With everything going on in the world today you want to talk about 14 year old emails? What's next radial tires?

The more I think of it ....

Did Hillary in 2009 also get the Morse code messages when the Maine was blown up?

Did Hillary also in 2009 get the pony express messages when they found gold in California?

Did Hillary in 2009, get the carrier pigeon messages when Louis and Clark made it to the Pacific ocean?

This link is bullshit.

Yawn, Bush lied, people died.
Meanwhile Obama presides over the worst foreign policy in US history. Virtually every program is a failure.

With everything going on in the world today you want to talk about 14 year old emails? What's next radial tires?
What is happening in the ME today is a direct result of what happened in Iraq in '03.

The more I think of it ....

Did Hillary in 2009 also get the Morse code messages when the Maine was blown up?

Did Hillary also in 2009 get the pony express messages when they found gold in California?

Did Hillary in 2009, get the carrier pigeon messages when Louis and Clark made it to the Pacific ocean?

This link is bullshit.
images

What is happening in the ME today is a direct result of what happened in Iraq in '03.
You might as well blame Winston Churchill.
In fact what is happening in the ME is the direct result of Obama's poor leadership--no, make that non-leadership and foreign policy follies.

You might as well blame Winston Churchill.
In fact what is happening in the ME is the direct result of Obama's poor leadership--no, make that non-leadership and foreign policy follies.
After taking out Hussein, Bush handed the keys to Iraq over to the Iranians. Do you understand?

72bd95eb07137d6c884e55c5a125-georgecarlin1.jpg
After taking out Hussein, Bush handed the keys to Iraq over to the Iranians. Do you understand? BTW I'm pretty sure Carlin would be directing that at you, not me.

Disagree. He started a topic for a subject of our time. He's not doing a deflection to another topic. Not saying I agree with all his innuendo; but it's fine. If I wanted to start a President Bill Clinton did this thread, that would be perfectly acceptable.

Disagree. He started a topic for a subject of our time. He's not doing a deflection to another topic. Not saying I agree with all his innuendo; but it's fine. If I wanted to start a President Bill Clinton did this thread, that would be perfectly acceptable.
Alright, give you that he is new BUT since he said it ties into the middle east TODAY he needs to show how not just say it.

Many of you can now stop pretending Bush didn't lie his way into a war with Iraq.

Smoking gun email exposes Blair on Iraq

The damning memo, from Secretary of State Colin Powell to President George Bush, was written on March 28, 2002, a week before Bush’s famous summit with Blair at his Crawford ranch in Texas.

In it, Powell tells Bush that Blair ‘will be with us’ on military action. Powell assures the President: ‘The UK will follow our lead’.

The disclosure is certain to lead for calls for Sir John Chilcot to reopen his inquiry into the Iraq War if, as is believed, he has not seen the Powell memo.

A second explosive memo from the same cache also reveals how Bush used ‘spies’ in the Labour Party to help him to manipulate British public opinion in favour of the war.

The documents, obtained by The Mail on Sunday, are part of a batch of secret emails held on the private server of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton which U.S. courts have forced her to reveal.

Former Tory Shadow Home Secretary David Davis said: ‘The memos prove in explicit terms what many of us have believed all along: Tony Blair effectively agreed to act as a frontman for American foreign policy in advance of any decision by the House of Commons or the British Cabinet.

The former Prime Minister has always hotly denied the claim that the two men signed a deal ‘in blood’ at Crawford to embark on the war, which started on March 20, 2003.

The Powell document, headed ‘Secret... Memorandum for the President’, lifts the lid on how Blair and Bush secretly plotted the war behind closed doors at Crawford.

Powell says to Bush: ‘He will present to you the strategic, tactical and public affairs lines that he believes will strengthen global support for our common cause,’ adding that Blair has the presentational skills to ‘make a credible public case on current Iraqi threats to international peace’.

Five months after the summit, Downing Street produced the notorious ‘45 minutes from doom’ dossier on Saddam Hussein’s supposed Weapons of Mass Destruction. After Saddam was toppled, the dossier’s claims were exposed as bogus.

Nowhere in the memo is a diplomatic route suggested as the preferred option.

Instead, Powell says that Blair will also advise on how to ‘handle calls’ for the ‘blessing’ of the United Nations Security Council, and to ‘demonstrate that we have thought through “the day after” ’ – in other words, made adequate provision for a post-Saddam Iraq.

Obama lied and people died..

The far left supports the illegal wars of Obama..

Most of this had been debunked over and over again..

It still looks like the far let drones think GWB is still president..

My favorite part is "success against Saddam will yield more regional success"

Have to wonder what they meant by this, and in hindsight you have to wonder if they got the success they were looking for or not.

The other part I like is "[Blair will] demonstrate that we have thought through "the day after""

I mean, seriously, they just didn't, did they? No thinking was going on there at all.

72bd95eb07137d6c884e55c5a125-georgecarlin1.jpg
After taking out Hussein, Bush handed the keys to Iraq over to the Iranians. Do you understand? BTW I'm pretty sure Carlin would be directing that at you, not me.
Bush handed the keys over to Obama who wrecked the car.

Forum List

Back