stop comparing C19 with Vietnam deaths

..it's disrespectful to our Vets
1. the Vietnam deaths were YOUNG, healthy, in their prime, took physicals, did PTraining, ETC!!!!
NO pre-existing problems
..most of the C19 deaths are elderly with pre-existing problems/obesity/etc
DUHHHHHHHH

2. only 2.6 million served in the Vietnam War--half of those did not serve in combat roles and/or in a combat zone
..so you have a 300 million population you are comparing to 1 million

3. many thousands MORE Vets lost their legs/arms/both/etc

4. etc --it's just plain STUPID

It's not disrespectful to vets, and it is true. You just don't want to hear anything but praise for that great orange fool that could have reduced those virus deaths if he would have paid attention to the briefings.

How many Vietnams of people die each year from the Flu?

I am left with Lung problems. Guess what, I have to be very careful about the Flu. And Covid 19 will kill me deader than a mackeral. I can live through the flu.

No one is comparing COVID-19 deaths to deaths of U.S. servicemen in Vietnam.

They are using the numbers to give some perspective.

Perspective... something that is sorely lacking on this board... as well as many others...

1. the Vietnam deaths were YOUNG, healthy, in their prime, took physicals, did PTraining, ETC!!!!
NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

2. only 2.6 million served in the Vietnam War--half of those did not serve in combat roles and/or in a combat zone

It's not disrespectful to vets, and it is true. You just don't want to hear anything but praise for that great orange fool that could have reduced those virus deaths if he would have paid attention to the briefings.

I am left with Lung problems. Guess what, I have to be very careful about the Flu. And Covid 19 will kill me deader than a mackeral. I can live through the flu.

That doesn't answer my question.

If we are using Vietnam deaths as a unit of measure, how many said units of measure do we lose the flu each year?

And if you have lung problems, you probably won't survive a bad flu.

Perspective... something that is sorely lacking on this board... as well as many others...

One comparison might be: They were caused by the stupidity of a single President.

It's meaningless perspective, with political undertones. People equate Vietnam with losing, or fuckups by those in power, or both.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

Deaths are deaths. You are putting Vietnam vets on a pedestal. Who's to say one's life is worth more over another? Certainly, not a low down scumbag crumb like you. COVID-19 hits the young, too.
..I knew someone would bring that up---you just proved my point and proved yourself to be an idiot:
View attachment 329445

You totally ignored his other point. Deaths are deaths. your premise is that a young person’s life is worth more than an old or sick person. I take issue with that.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

And if Trump had you would be cursing him out anyway.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

I am a Viet Vet(1968) and I would never agree to crashing the greatest economy in my lifetime to protect those in my age group. The county I live in in So. Oregon has had 4 confirmed cases abd none of those show any symptom but we have been ordered to stay home. Why? Because Portland has a problem?
This is all about crashing our economy to get rid of Trump.

It's meaningless perspective, with political undertones. People equate Vietnam with losing, or fuckups by those in power, or both.

I don't know about you but we militarily won vietnam and had the hearts and the minds of the people. In the last 3 years, the North was completely defeated with only Minor (but deadly) situations. General Abrams made the brag that he could fly anywhere in South Vietnam in a Chopper and not draw one single angry round. Now, what the Politicos did was the failure.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

I am a Viet Vet(1968) and I would never agree to crashing the greatest economy in my lifetime to protect those in my age group. The county I live in in So. Oregon has had 4 confirmed cases abd none of those show any symptom but we have been ordered to stay home. Why? Because Portland has a problem?
This is all about crashing our economy to get rid of Trump.

And the reason your area doesn't have any deaths is because you stayed home. If more people had done the same it would already be under control. Well, as long as they get the hundred million plus testing kits and isolate those with it both sick and not sick from it. That was how they stopped H1N1, Polio and a ton of other Epidemics. I remember when the cure for Polio was found. It became a Nation Wide program to get vaccinated. Before that, they isolated anyone that even had a chance to have it in a National Emergency. Screw the Economy. Let's get a handle on this thing. And screw Rump and you as well with a good case of the Black Dribbles.

Deaths are deaths. You are putting Vietnam vets on a pedestal. Who's to say one's life is worth more over another? Certainly, not a low down scumbag crumb like you. COVID-19 hits the young, too.
So you're trying to score political points? You're blaming Trump for his handling of the Coronavirus pandemic? What about China? Lots of people are calling this the Wuhan Flu.

I don't know about you but we militarily won vietnam and had the hearts and the minds of the people. In the last 3 years, the North was completely defeated with only Minor (but deadly) situations. General Abrams made the brag that he could fly anywhere in South Vietnam in a Chopper and not draw one single angry round. Now, what the Politicos did was the failure.

Dodge. how many Vietnams die from flu every year?

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

We aren't talking a full year, dumb ass. It's only been two months since the first US corona virus death.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

I'm always amazed at how easily you confuse your imagination with reality.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

I'm always amazed at how easily you confuse your imagination with reality.
Please do try and keep up with what you post.
By the way, shooting up drugs is bad for your non-existent memory.

So you're trying to score political points? You're blaming Trump for his handling of the Coronavirus pandemic? What about China? Lots of people are calling this the Wuhan Flu.

No, I usually bypass politics.

NO pre-existing problems
DUHHHHHHHH

..I knew someone would bring that up---you just proved my point and proved yourself to be an idiot:
View attachment 329445

You totally ignored his other point. Deaths are deaths. your premise is that a young person’s life is worth more than an old or sick person. I take issue with that.
WRONG
DIFFERENCE---you don't compare apples to oranges
the CAUSE of death is DIFFERENT
the age is DIFFERENT
that means you can't COMPARE the two

the age is DIFFERENT
the cause is DIFFERENT
you can't COMPARE them --they are NOT THE SAME
duh

Forum List

Back