stop comparing C19 with Vietnam deaths

Meh, you're just projecting again. The factis the USSR became totally dependent on Western food and refined petroleum products imports to stay alive from 1973; we kept them from a sudden crash, and brought them to a soft landing under Gorbachev. they won't tell you stuff like this in your Red Yoof Volunteers For Lobotomies summer camps you attend, but most people who read the papers then know about it; the farmers were all happy, and Reagan came along many years later and claimed he did it, which made all the drunks and right wingers happy.

I was in the military in the 1980's, and the USSR was considered a real, honest to God threat during that whole time. Nobody thought they were crashing or really expected them to.

So, yeah, this news the USSR Collapsed in 1973 and no one told us until 1991 was totally kept out of the "Summer Camps" I was at. You know, Fort Sill, Fort Lee, Fort Lewis...

They haven't done squat since, just a few idiotic grandstands in Afghanistan, sent a bunch of floating garbage to Viet Nam in 1979 or so, then brought it all back, and recently now they're screwing around in Syria. After 1973, their 'Brezhnev Doctrine' was dead in the water,and they lost all over the ME and Africa, got shut down in Asia, and and the Red Chinese had to take over continuing their Viet Nam atrocities for them.

Uh, wow. I don't even know where to take this Bizarro World stuff.

Okay, here's what actually happened. After the Vietnamese won the Vietnam War, (Largely because of their own determination, not because of Russia or China) Nixon cleverly played China and Russia off against each other. Vietnam ended up in Russia's camp, because the Russians were providing them Aid. China attempted to invade them in 1979 in retaliation for their deposing Pol Pot in Cambodia. Then the whole world got to see what Pol Pot did, and frankly, no one had a big problem with Vietnam doing what it did.

During the rest of the 70's, the USSR actually expanded it's influence in Central America, the Middle East and Africa, and largely, Jimmy Carter deserves a lot of blame for that. (It's why I voted for Reagan in 1980.) The thing was, when the USSR collapsed in 1991, our intelligence agencies completely missed it. Gorby's reforms completely backfired on him, as the real problem with the USSR/Warsaw pact was that it was still 150 million Russians trying to rule 300 million not Russians.

I'm sorry none of this was covered in your Home Skule.

Meh, you're just projecting again. The factis the USSR became totally dependent on Western food and refined petroleum products imports to stay alive from 1973; we kept them from a sudden crash, and brought them to a soft landing under Gorbachev. they won't tell you stuff like this in your Red Yoof Volunteers For Lobotomies summer camps you attend, but most people who read the papers then know about it; the farmers were all happy, and Reagan came along many years later and claimed he did it, which made all the drunks and right wingers happy.

I was in the military in the 1980's, and the USSR was considered a real, honest to God threat during that whole time. Nobody thought they were crashing or really expected them to.

So, yeah, this news the USSR Collapsed in 1973 and no one told us until 1991 was totally kept out of the "Summer Camps" I was at. You know, Fort Sill, Fort Lee, Fort Lewis...

They haven't done squat since, just a few idiotic grandstands in Afghanistan, sent a bunch of floating garbage to Viet Nam in 1979 or so, then brought it all back, and recently now they're screwing around in Syria. After 1973, their 'Brezhnev Doctrine' was dead in the water,and they lost all over the ME and Africa, got shut down in Asia, and and the Red Chinese had to take over continuing their Viet Nam atrocities for them.

Uh, wow. I don't even know where to take this Bizarro World stuff.

Okay, here's what actually happened. After the Vietnamese won the Vietnam War, (Largely because of their own determination, not because of Russia or China) Nixon cleverly played China and Russia off against each other. Vietnam ended up in Russia's camp, because the Russians were providing them Aid. China attempted to invade them in 1979 in retaliation for their deposing Pol Pot in Cambodia. Then the whole world got to see what Pol Pot did, and frankly, no one had a big problem with Vietnam doing what it did.

During the rest of the 70's, the USSR actually expanded it's influence in Central America, the Middle East and Africa, and largely, Jimmy Carter deserves a lot of blame for that. (It's why I voted for Reagan in 1980.) The thing was, when the USSR collapsed in 1991, our intelligence agencies completely missed it. Gorby's reforms completely backfired on him, as the real problem with the USSR/Warsaw pact was that it was still 150 million Russians trying to rule 300 million not Russians.

I'm sorry none of this was covered in your Home Skule.

lol you didn't even know the PRC was backing the VN, Joe, much less anything else about what was going on. Quit pretending you do, since the above drivel clearly shows you can't get google Scholaring right. MAybd try reading other sources than Howard Zinn or your parents' Little Red Book.

lol you didn't even know the PRC was backing the VN, Joe, much less anything else about what was going on. Quit pretending you do, since the above drivel clearly shows you can't get google Scholaring right. MAybd try reading other sources than Howard Zinn or your parents' Little Red Book.

Uh, guy, I just laid it out for you... but you still didn't get it right.

For the record, I was around when all this stuff was actually happening. I didn't need to read about it in the history books, I just picked up a newspaper.

Forum List

Back