Stocks Take Worst Losses Since 1987

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Stocks took their steepest losses since the 1987 market crash on Monday as the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged almost 3,000 points, marking the second-worst day in its history.

The Dow plummeted by 2,997 points Monday for a loss of 12.9 percent, the steepest drop by points and its second-steepest drop by percentage in the index's history. The Dow's drop shattered records set on March 12, when the average sunk 2,352 points for a loss of 10 percent.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite plunged roughly 12 percent and 12.3 percent, respectively.

Stocks take worst losses since 1987 crash as Dow plunges nearly 3,000 points

1929, 1987, 2008, 2020. Worse recessions in country. All under Republicans.

Great example of why using the stock market as your sole source of retirement security is a fool's errand

This is twice in 12 years.

We're all gonna die anyhow. The least our liberal progressive counterparts could do is have a sense of humor about it, and quit being so fucking serious.

We need to initiate the Democrat response to the virus as soon as possible ...

BKB2R5.jpg

We're all gonna die anyhow. The least our liberal progressive counterparts could do is have a sense of humor about it, and quit being so fucking serious.
Tell it to your parents

Great example of why using the stock market as your sole source of retirement security is a fool's errand

This is twice in 12 years.
We experience a bear market every 7 years on average.
A. This is a bit more than a Bear Market

B. Exactly why putting all your retirement eggs in the SM basket is a really bad idea.

We NEED Social Security to be available and healthy

my stocks only finished less than 1% down from where they were at opening bell circuit break so I guess I did OK all things considered.

They need to shutdown the stock markets until next Monday.

I was surprised that they didn't do that. I thought for sure a deal was in the works on Sunday night to shut the markets down for at least the next week or two. Maybe they'll just compromise by agreeing that Trump doesn't go anywhere near a microphone and won't talk for longer than 30 seconds.

They need to shutdown the stock markets until next Monday.

They likely will in the next couple of days. Honestly, I thought it would be closed today.

Bank holiday is definitely coming.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

Anyone noticed Dems are celebrating.

I hate to say it as a conservative, but all you Trumpers who we’re giving him kudos for the bloated market have to take your medicine. He didn’t make the market a bubble, the Fed did that, but he sure took credit for it. Dumb, very dumb.

Forum List

Back