Stocks Take Worst Losses Since 1987

Home Depot and Apple, huh. Apple has supply chain problems and a customer who just lost a whole bunch of discretionary cash, so no thanks. Same for Home Depot. There margins are not in lumber. They are in the DISCRETIONARY purchase like appliances, paint and tools. Again, no thanks.
Home depot is unrealistically low and spring is just around the corner and housing starts and remodels are on the rise....suit yourself...

So did you buy it?
Do you realize we are in a recession? Do you think the United Airlines’s pilot who gets furloughed for 3 months will decide to remodel his kitchen on his time off with no income? It’s your money bro.
We are not in a recession but you go on ahead and keep repeating it to yourself...maybe it will come true for you...but it won't for me...no stock market panic can turn off a hot main street...so I do not fear a recession in the slightest...and neither do most experts....in a recession?...what a buck tooth clown....Buuuaahahahaha!!!

Who are your “most experts? There are plenty of economist who disagree with your experts. Why don’t you go ahead and post a link to your experts there sport? Here are some “clowns” who think a recession is imminent.
Economists are increasingly worried the coronavirus could cause a recession this year
Zandi isn't alone, with other prominent experts sounding the alarm. Larry Summers and Jason Furman, who were economic advisers to President Barack Obama, also think a recession is likely. The concerns have been magnified this week by Thursday's historic plunge on Wall Street and a slump in oil prices. Here's a rundown of prominent economists who are now using the "R" word:
Because I'm not here to play copy and paste with you...look it up for yourself....and then you can choose who to believe....and who not to believe...

In other words, you can’t find any hacks out there saying there is no chance of recession. Duly noted.

Home depot is unrealistically low and spring is just around the corner and housing starts and remodels are on the rise....suit yourself...

So did you buy it?
Do you realize we are in a recession? Do you think the United Airlines’s pilot who gets furloughed for 3 months will decide to remodel his kitchen on his time off with no income? It’s your money bro.
We are not in a recession but you go on ahead and keep repeating it to yourself...maybe it will come true for you...but it won't for me...no stock market panic can turn off a hot main street...so I do not fear a recession in the slightest...and neither do most experts....in a recession?...what a buck tooth clown....Buuuaahahahaha!!!

Who are your “most experts? There are plenty of economist who disagree with your experts. Why don’t you go ahead and post a link to your experts there sport? Here are some “clowns” who think a recession is imminent.
Economists are increasingly worried the coronavirus could cause a recession this year
Zandi isn't alone, with other prominent experts sounding the alarm. Larry Summers and Jason Furman, who were economic advisers to President Barack Obama, also think a recession is likely. The concerns have been magnified this week by Thursday's historic plunge on Wall Street and a slump in oil prices. Here's a rundown of prominent economists who are now using the "R" word:
Because I'm not here to play copy and paste with you...look it up for yourself....and then you can choose who to believe....and who not to believe...

In other words, you can’t find any hacks out there saying there is no chance of recession. Duly noted.
You AGAIN?....:102: fine crawl into your hole and don't buy any stocks....hows that?...

Gee, if he could only "hire the best people" to fix the government he's leading. Being hopelessly incompetent is probably a handicap. The truth is that your blob is simply not up to the job. He'd probably be the first to tell you.

That President Donald Trump is doing such a great job, understandably, is heartbreaking to you. Why not kick back, relax and simply enjoy all the great things being done for this country by this great President. Enjoy the next five years with President Trump.

Speaking of incompetence.

Only if he cancels the election and declares himself emperor

FEMA itself doesn't have anything to do directly with people hoarding toilet paper. However, if they respond quickly and make the people feel safe, then there is less chance of hoarding because people feel like there is someone helping out. If FEMA does a shitty response, or does it later than people feel they should, then that is when people think that nobody is there to help and so they feel like they need to take matters into their own hands and start hoarding.

Confused, as usual. You admit that FEMA has nothing to do with the hoarding of toilet paper. Then you go on to confuse yourself when you say that if they do a poor job, people will start hoarding. I paraphrased but that's the gist of what you said. Care to translate?

As far as what has Trump done? Not much that I can see as we still don't have enough tests yet, the places where the tests can be processed are still fairly limited, and you can't get a test if you want one, only if a doctor thinks you need one. Then, there is the fact that in 2018 Trump got rid of the entire pandemic chain of command in the WH. Granted, yesterday was good news in the fact that they have started to test a vaccine, but hate to tell you that it's still gonna take at least a year as they need to see how well it works, and that takes time and observation.

Yep, test are slow getting out. At the same time, how would more tests have slowed the spread? It would not done anything, We'd be exactly where we are today. Why do you need one if you're not at risk? All that does is overload the system with unnecessary tests.

As you know, President Donald Trump eliminated the OFFICE of pandemics or whatever, he did not remove the personnel, it removed a layer of bureaucracy and the name of the office. Specifically, what would have happened differently if we had another "office"? IF we had that extra office?

President Trump hasn't done much? Really? The President started working on the issue back in January. What were the Democrats doing? Screaming about impeachment and holding hearings.

Would it have been better for President Trump going on the air with his hair on fire screaming to run for the hills?

What is your plan? What would you (Democrats) have done that is not being done? Show us their plan, I've not seen it as yet.

The more people who are tested, then the more you know about the virus and who needs to be quarantined. If you don't test people and they have the virus, they can pass it around the community. If we are the greatest country in the world (as Trump claims), then why is S. Korea kicking our asses in testing and containment?
Testing is the right way to go, provide there is doctor's order and any positive results is reported according to the CDC guidelines. Last thing we need is people getting tested ever time they have a scratchy throat or a sniffle.

FEMA itself doesn't have anything to do directly with people hoarding toilet paper. However, if they respond quickly and make the people feel safe, then there is less chance of hoarding because people feel like there is someone helping out. If FEMA does a shitty response, or does it later than people feel they should, then that is when people think that nobody is there to help and so they feel like they need to take matters into their own hands and start hoarding.

Confused, as usual. You admit that FEMA has nothing to do with the hoarding of toilet paper. Then you go on to confuse yourself when you say that if they do a poor job, people will start hoarding. I paraphrased but that's the gist of what you said. Care to translate?

As far as what has Trump done? Not much that I can see as we still don't have enough tests yet, the places where the tests can be processed are still fairly limited, and you can't get a test if you want one, only if a doctor thinks you need one. Then, there is the fact that in 2018 Trump got rid of the entire pandemic chain of command in the WH. Granted, yesterday was good news in the fact that they have started to test a vaccine, but hate to tell you that it's still gonna take at least a year as they need to see how well it works, and that takes time and observation.

Yep, test are slow getting out. At the same time, how would more tests have slowed the spread? It would not done anything, We'd be exactly where we are today. Why do you need one if you're not at risk? All that does is overload the system with unnecessary tests.

As you know, President Donald Trump eliminated the OFFICE of pandemics or whatever, he did not remove the personnel, it removed a layer of bureaucracy and the name of the office. Specifically, what would have happened differently if we had another "office"? IF we had that extra office?

President Trump hasn't done much? Really? The President started working on the issue back in January. What were the Democrats doing? Screaming about impeachment and holding hearings.

Would it have been better for President Trump going on the air with his hair on fire screaming to run for the hills?

What is your plan? What would you (Democrats) have done that is not being done? Show us their plan, I've not seen it as yet.

The more people who are tested, then the more you know about the virus and who needs to be quarantined. If you don't test people and they have the virus, they can pass it around the community. If we are the greatest country in the world (as Trump claims), then why is S. Korea kicking our asses in testing and containment?

As you know, everything possible has been done to encourage people to maintain a social distance. Who are resisting those efforts? Young people, most likely many of Bernie Sanders base.

Great example of why using the stock market as your sole source of retirement security is a fool's errand

This is twice in 12 years.

I don’t find it a Fools errand. I went all in in 2011 and am still sitting on double my original money. I get dividend checks in April, July, September and the December check includes capital gains. They will still come in. I usually start haunting the mail about April 7th.

Did you double your money?

My IRR for the last year, until today, is -1.9%. What fool buys stocks and never expects a loss? Bonds were paying .5%. Still glad I wasn’t there.

I didn’t own any defensive stocks...not my style. But it was being recommended two years ago. So could you recommend this?...

Do you even know what you are talking about?

View attachment 312911
I know that if what you say is true, you are the extreme exception.

that’s no way to do national policy

If? Look it up.

How do I look up your actions and your claims about what you did or didn't do?

Bottom line...if you did what you claim...you gambled and came out ahead(so far)...and you had the "table stakes" to do that.

That is NO way to do national policy...especially concerning retirement

Well, today it closed below 20,000 to finish at 19,898. Seems that every time Trump gets on television to tell us what a great job he's doing, the market takes a dive.

Wonder if he's gonna get on television again tomorrow and shoot for 18,500?

Well, today it closed below 20,000 to finish at 19,898. Seems that every time Trump gets on television to tell us what a great job he's doing, the market takes a dive.

Why do you gloat over millions of your fellow American's suffering through no fault of their own and no fault of President Donald Trump or our Congress?

Is that what your parents taught you was a good way to act and think? WOW! I must be fun around the ol' dinner table on Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

I hope not. I would say somewhere between 15000 and 18000 looks like a reasonable bottom. That would bring the current PE ratio down to 50% to 60% of their high.

There is really not much Trump can do to simulate the economy at this point. Had his tax cut not been so aggressive or there had not been 6 interest rate cuts since last summer in an effort to keep the economy expanding till after the election, the government would have a lot more options to stimulate the economy now. However, the only thing that is going to turn the market around is good news on the medical front. Nothing will please the market more than decreasing numbers new cases.

Why do you gloat over millions of your fellow American's suffering through no fault of their own and no fault of President Donald Trump or our Congress?

Is that what your parents taught you was a good way to act and think? WOW! I must be fun around the ol' dinner table on Thanksgiving!

I'm not gloating over anything. I'm actually pissed that Trump has done such a piss poor job of handling this situation. Yesterday, it was announced that Amarillo now has 2 cases of COVID-19, and they were going to start testing, but then had to stop, as there aren't enough PPE's to go around. They don't have the supplies needed to test, nor is there a vaccine on the near horizon. Granted, they announced yesterday that there were people who had taken the first shots to see if the vaccine works, but now they have to be observed for over a year to see what the effects are, or if it even works.

Don't believe Trump when he says there is a vaccine that will be available soon. Most doctors estimate 12 to 18 months from now before it's available, and that is if the one they are currently testing works.

I'm not gloating over anything. I'm actually pissed that Trump has done such a piss poor job of handling this situation. Yesterday, it was announced that Amarillo now has 2 cases of COVID-19, and they were going to start testing, but then had to stop, as there aren't enough PPE's to go around. They don't have the supplies needed to test, nor is there a vaccine on the near horizon. Granted, they announced yesterday that there were people who had taken the first shots to see if the vaccine works, but now they have to be observed for over a year to see what the effects are, or if it even works.

Don't believe Trump when he says there is a vaccine that will be available soon. Most doctors estimate 12 to 18 months from now before it's available, and that is if the one they are currently testing works.

President Donald Trump is doing his usual spectacular job. There ARE vaccines on the horizon and there are also very promising cures.

Of course, you're gloating. You continue to do so here with your lies.

Published February 1, 2020
China slams Trump's coronavirus travel limits: 'Not a gesture of goodwill'
By Joe McDonald, Sam McNeil | Associated Press
[...]
On Friday, the United States declared a public health emergency and President Donald Trump and an order barring entry to foreign nationals, other than immediate family of American citizens and permanent residents, who visited China within the last 14 days, which scientists say is the virus’s longest incubation period.

'Unfriendly comments'
China criticized the U.S. controls, which it said contradicted the WHO’s appeal to avoid travel bans, and “unfriendly comments” that Beijing was failing to cooperate.

“Just as the WHO recommended against travel restrictions, the U.S. rushed to go in the opposite way. Certainly not a gesture of goodwill,” said foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying.

WHO Secretary-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in Geneva that despite the emergency declaration, there is “no reason for measures that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade.”
[...]

###

U.S.
CALIFORNIA'S DEMOCRAT GOVERNOR PRAISES TRUMP'S RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS ON CRUISE SHIP: 'EVERY SINGLE THING HE SAID THEY FOLLOWED THROUGH ON'

BY JASON LEMON ON 3/9/20 AT 1:29 PM EDT

California's Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom praised President Donald Trump on Monday for supporting his state as it assisted with the repatriation of passengers from the coronavirus-infected Grand Princess cruise ship.

Trump and his administration have faced criticism for their response to the coronavirus. But Newsom, who declared a state of emergency in California last Wednesday, shared positive remarks about the way the president had responded and supported the West Coast state as it allowed the Grand Princess, which had 21 infected passengers aboard, to dock in Oakland.

California's Democrat governor praises Trump's response to Coronavirus on cruise ship

###

FOX NEWS FLASH
Published
1 hour ago [03/17/20]
Dr. Ronny Jackson says Trump prevented American coronavirus pandemic on level of Italy, Iran
By Yael Halon | Fox News

Former White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson praised President Trump Monday night after he announced a list of guidelines that he and the White House coronavirus task force hoped will slow the spread of the pandemic within 15 days.

"The president has done everything he needed to do in this case," Jackson told "Hannity". "He’s acted quickly and decisively. He did what he always has done ... he went with his instincts."

"He put together a top-notch team and he was criticized.... despite that, he carried on and did what he needed to do for our country. He put the [China] travel ban in place," he added.

Jackson said he does not expect the virus to spread at the rate that it has in places like Italy and Iran due to the president's "quick and decisive actions," notably his decision to restrict travel into the U.S. from China in late January.

Dr. Ronny Jackson says Trump prevented American coronavirus pandemic on level of Italy, Iran

###

Cuomo Praises Trump’s Coronavirus Response: ‘His Team Is On It’
By MAIREAD MCARDLE
March 17, 2020 11:48 AM

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo praised the Trump administration’s efforts to handle the coronavirus outbreak on Tuesday, after initially criticizing the federal government’s response as “absurd and nonsensical.”

“His team is on it. They’ve been responsive,” Cuomo said at a press conference. “I want to say thank you.”

Cuomo Praises Trump's Coronavirus Response: 'His Team Is On It' | National Review

Forum List

Back