Stocks Take Worst Losses Since 1987

The buying opportunities created by this virus are starting to look very very appetizing.

You’re nuts! This market hasn’t hit bottom. Whatever you are thinking about buying now that has dropped 20-30% already will be cheaper in the future. There are a few, very few long opportunities right now. The economic effects haven’t even been felt. Wait until some of these highly leveraged companies start filing bankruptcy.

What buying opportunities do you see? Blue Apron? It was up over 50% today.
There are tons of deals out there...look at how low the energy sector is...if you are not researching a purchase or two you are not thinking....
View attachment 312865
I've got blood flow.
Look at Home depot with spring just around the corner....

Anyone noticed Dems are celebrating.

Why you continue to use this talking point?
Because you have No real response and have ZERO money in the market.

You think I want the market to fail? WHY?
You want Trump to fail...if it takes the market to do that...you won't lose any sleep. You are a partisan. As with any partisan any means justify the end result.

It doesn't take me to make trump fail. He is doing a fine job of failing himself.
I have plenty invested ( to you this number might be 200K, to me it's more) so I truly don't want the market to fail.
The Guy is an idiot.
When is enough enough?
mmmm...whatever you say.

It doesn't take me to make trump fail. He is doing a fine job of failing himself.
How?.....I don't see him failing at all...I see him leading and doing everything he can to get us through this....so tell me what failures are you talking about?....

They need to shutdown the stock markets until next Monday.
Why? Do you need the government to wipe your ass? Better stock up on Toilet paper!!

Wow...you’re an angry little person.

You're the one freaking out and calling for the stock market to be closed. Why?

Because people’s retirement savings are dwindling at no fault to the investors

Not the way it works. We don't get "saved" from losses due to pestilence.

The markets were closed after 9/11 for a week so that is the way it has worked

Why? Do you need the government to wipe your ass? Better stock up on Toilet paper!!

This isn't 9-11. So no, false equivalence. I'm afraid this will be worse that 2008 and there is no way to stop it.

How?.....I don't see him failing at all...I see him leading and doing everything he can to get us through this....so tell me what failures are you talking about?....

The firing of the 2018 Pandemic Team might raise a red flag to most. You?

Stocks took their steepest losses since the 1987 market crash on Monday as the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged almost 3,000 points, marking the second-worst day in its history.

The Dow plummeted by 2,997 points Monday for a loss of 12.9 percent, the steepest drop by points and its second-steepest drop by percentage in the index's history. The Dow's drop shattered records set on March 12, when the average sunk 2,352 points for a loss of 10 percent.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite plunged roughly 12 percent and 12.3 percent, respectively.

Stocks take worst losses since 1987 crash as Dow plunges nearly 3,000 points

1929, 1987, 2008, 2020. Worse recessions in country. All under Republicans.

I thought today was the worst loss in HISTORY.

List of largest daily changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Average - Wikipedia

I don't see how...since the team in place is doing an awesome job...they have a treatment plan that is knocking this flu right out of people before it can gain strength withing the body....that is a huge development that the world except for TDS morons appreciates very much....

The Fed encourages malinvestment.

In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a topic here on malinvestment. Hmm. I might do that since it's at the heart of the problem.

Last edited:

This isn't 9-11. So no, false equivalence. I'm afraid this will be worse that 2008 and there is no way to stop it.

Legally it is. Both were national emergencies that spurred legislation and formal government responses due to trading being affected.

The blob said the virus that has caused thousands of deaths is out of control.

I don't see how...since the team in place is doing an awesome job...they have a treatment plan that is knocking this flu right out of people before it can gain strength withing the body....that is a huge development that the world except for TDS morons appreciates very much....

6D48A418-9CAA-4FC4-B7A8-C283AA7FD4BF.jpeg

Awesome job? Awesome con job maybe

View attachment 312869

Awesome job? Awesome con job maybe
looks like an ordinary day at the airport to me....

Legally it is. Both were national emergencies that spurred legislation and formal government responses due to trading being affected.

You had better begin drafting your post of apology when this flu has run its course....because it will do just that very shortly....

You're going to be very disappointed.

Stocks took their steepest losses since the 1987 market crash on Monday as the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged almost 3,000 points, marking the second-worst day in its history.

The Dow plummeted by 2,997 points Monday for a loss of 12.9 percent, the steepest drop by points and its second-steepest drop by percentage in the index's history. The Dow's drop shattered records set on March 12, when the average sunk 2,352 points for a loss of 10 percent.

The S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite plunged roughly 12 percent and 12.3 percent, respectively.

Stocks take worst losses since 1987 crash as Dow plunges nearly 3,000 points

1929, 1987, 2008, 2020. Worse recessions in country. All under Republicans.

Let's hope the left keeps this up. So many have wised up to their trickery and decay. The further they go the more absurd. It would be a great service to the human-kind should the Democrat party collapse for good.

The buying opportunities created by this virus are starting to look very very appetizing.

You’re nuts! This market hasn’t hit bottom. Whatever you are thinking about buying now that has dropped 20-30% already will be cheaper in the future. There are a few, very few long opportunities right now. The economic effects haven’t even been felt. Wait until some of these highly leveraged companies start filing bankruptcy.

What buying opportunities do you see? Blue Apron? It was up over 50% today.
There are tons of deals out there...look at how low the energy sector is...if you are not researching a purchase or two you are not thinking....

Specifics? Name the stocks you’d go long right now.

Forum List

Back