Stock market will crash in 60 days...

The stock market had massive gains under Trump. Almost doubled from 16,000 to over 31000 in 4 years of Trump. The liberal shutdown of the economy to try to ensure his loss in the 2020 election is what caused the selloff. Not anything Trump did.

Today a massive tech bank declares bankruptcy, gets taken over by FDIC:

Let's go Brandon!

You seem to want to give Trump all the credit and blame the liberals.

My response is that the stock market did crash under Trump. They say it was mostly due to the pandemic. yet we all know that Trump mishandled it in its early stages

Trump acknowledged to veteran journalist Bob Woodward that he knowingly downplayed the coronavirus, even though he knew it was more deadly than the seasonal flu.

"I wanted to always play it down," the president said in a March interview, the audio recording of which was made public in September.

It was the FED's action that saved the day not Trump.

the Fed instituted a massive monetary stimulus program, cutting rates almost to zero, and unveiled plans for massive asset purchases. Yes it did go back up thanks to their actions.

The numbers for the drop are as follows:

The Dow industrials dropped 12.9%, the second biggest percentage loss post WWII (after 1987′s 22.6% drop).

The S&P 500 dropped 12%, its third biggest percentage loss.

The Nasdaq dropped 12.3%, its largest percentage loss ever.

The S&P 500 would not bottom until March 23, a week later. From the Feb. 19, 2020, high to the March 23 bottom, the S&P would decline about 34%.

106854703-1615911343893-marchselloff.png

So to blame or give the president too much credit is just a political thing. It goes up and then it goes down and then it goes back up again. Its the FED's job to maintain it in a political climate that inspires fear.

Personally I'm looking either for another 1,000-1500 point drop or flat until such time as the index gets back on track in its track. It ran high, fast and furious....but now it still needs its correction down to 2600.

Personally I'm looking either for another 1,000-1500 point drop or flat until such time as the index gets back on track in its track. It ran high, fast and furious....but now it still needs its correction down to 2600.
Really ? Why do all these MAJOR corrections suddenly appear during republican admins.
Easy to answer....after Trump, it’s now 10 of the last 11 “ corrections” under repugnants.

Puts or Calls - depends on ones gambling convictions.
That's how roaring kitty made millions.
Those options came due and he exercised his options....but there wasn't enough to go around. So the price soared. Way beyond what it was truly worth because of the calls that were sold.

I like to buy puts. Limits my downside.
Again it depends on ones gambling habit. IMO it's usually better to sell puts, and then buy options when the market goes extreme.

As for me I am more of a traditional gambler - going straight for the share or the "color".
NIO was a hell of a great business for me in that regard. I won't tell you about my other losses though.

Again it depends on ones gambling habit. IMO it's usually better to sell puts, and then buy options when the market goes extreme.

As for me I am more of a traditional gambler - going straight for the share or the "color".
NIO was a hell of a great business for me in that regard. I won't tell you about my other losses though.
I’m not looking it as gambling. I’m looking it as mitigating some of my losses if the market goes down.

I know it's an alien, nasty term to you...but do some research into free market capitalism
That's a thread in of itself BHU

Yet in the broader scope, what kind of system do we really exist in when the government quantitative easing keeps it going for big biz?

~S~

That would be because they should have gotten health insurance before the illness. You don't buy car insurance after the accident.

Stop making excuses you fucking liberal.
Ah yes, the moronic nonsolution from the lazy minded to every problem ...

Point at people and say "do better".

Increasingly worried about the Silicon Valley Bank implosion. I can't say for sure if there's going to be a contagion, but something like this is always how financial contagion begins. It's some financial instrument that's not well understood, or some type of accounting that keeps certain transactions disguised or "unrealized". There's some risk that people knew was there but ignored because it keeps working...until it doesn't.

In this case, that something was inflation and rising interest rates forcing big time consumers like Peter Thiel to move their money elsewhere to keep pace. This in turn created a liquidity problem, and I'm guessing a solvency problem now as well. The real issue here is that this is a bank that was heavily invested in/used by a large number of startups and even some established players like Roku. They won't have money to pay employees unless there's major intervention by the Feds, or unless there's another JP Morgan (the man, not the company) or Warren Buffett who can swoop in and buy it up.

This week could be dicey.

Increasingly worried about the Silicon Valley Bank implosion. I can't say for sure if there's going to be a contagion, but something like this is always how financial contagion begins. It's some financial instrument that's not well understood, or some type of accounting that keeps certain transactions disguised or "unrealized". There's some risk that people knew was there but ignored because it keeps working...until it doesn't.

In this case, that something was inflation and rising interest rates forcing big time consumers like Peter Thiel to move their money elsewhere to keep pace. This in turn created a liquidity problem, and I'm guessing a solvency problem now as well. The real issue here is that this is a bank that was heavily invested in/used by a large number of startups and even some established players like Roku. They won't have money to pay employees unless there's major intervention by the Feds, or unless there's another JP Morgan (the man, not the company) or Warren Buffett who can swoop in and buy it up.

This week could be dicey.

Nope....no one is going to buy this dog. JP had to be bailed out after it bailed out BearSterns....and the only ones who got the benefit was the shareholders and not the depositors....which is what FLIC is supposed to protect.

Investors assume risk walking into the purchase of stock. They are warned on many levels by many agencies by legislation. Depositors are given guarantees....and need to be paid! Getting bought out by another bank only bails out investors and not the depositors.

Nope....no one is going to buy this dog. JP had to be bailed out after it bailed out BearSterns....and the only ones who got the benefit was the shareholders and not the depositors....which is what FLIC is supposed to protect.

Investors assume risk walking into the purchase of stock. They are warned on many levels by many agencies by legislation. Depositors are given guarantees....and need to be paid! Getting bought out by another bank only bails out investors and not the depositors.

JP had to be bailed out after it bailed out BearSterns....and the only ones who got the benefit was the shareholders and not the depositors....

They weren't bailed out after buying Bear Stearns. Bear Stearns had no depositors.

which is what FLIC is supposed to protect.

The FDIC didn't get involved with Bear Stearns or JPMorgan.

That would be because they should have gotten health insurance before the illness. You don't buy car insurance after the accident.

The vast majority of govt aid in Medicaid goes to the uninsured in red states. It’s you fking lazy ass conservatives running red states who have such depleted economies you can‘t properly manage health care. Medicaid is STATE MANAGED.

You making excuses for Fking lazy ass conservatives ?
Check it out. Most under insured in RED STATES BY FAR.

The vast majority of govt aid in Medicaid goes to the uninsured in red states. It’s you fking lazy ass conservatives running red states who have such depleted economies you can‘t properly manage health care. Medicaid is STATE MANAGED.
You mean states like Louisiana? The deep blue city of New Orleans explains that.

It’s the urban blue cities, regardless of state, that takes up most welfare.

Meh. Another doomsday prediction. I only believe the ones that claim an October crash will occur.

People are working and spending. Banks and mortgages are generally secured. What’s the big risk?

…or St. Louis, MO - in a red state. St. Louis is one of the most poverty-ridden, high-crime cities in the country.

You mean states like Louisiana? The deep blue city of New Orleans explains that.

It’s the urban blue cities, regardless of state, that takes up most welfare.
Dah, yes, states like Louisiana IS red and ranks 40 th

Did you know that states are bigger then the cities that are in them ? Maybe you didn’t. Maybe your ignorance far surpasses your ability to troll irrelevant shit.

Forum List

Back