Stephen Colbert wants to change self-defense laws

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009
[video]
So, Stephen Colbert wants to change an age old fundamental common law right to self-defense?

I think Stephen Spencer would emphatically disagree with nitwit Colbert. See: Black Man Acquitted of Killing White Man After Incident of “Ugly Racism”

Why would Colbert want to deny Stephen Spencer the right to self-defense and protect white racists?

JWK

It is absolutely shameful that those in our mainstream media and Hollywood crowd, having achieved fame, fortune and great success under a free market, free enterprise system, now work to destroy that system and impose a notoriously evil, Cuban style government, on America’s future generation.

Does this mean that someone could have their way with him and he can't do anything or he'll go to prison? Is that really want this idiot wants???

Oh'yess, he is saying this because he wants his certain special group to be able to kill, rape and steal without the victims having any ability to stop them.

[video]
So, Stephen Colbert wants to change an age old fundamental common law right to self-defense?

I think Stephen Spencer would emphatically disagree with nitwit Colbert. See: Black Man Acquitted of Killing White Man After Incident of “Ugly Racism”

Why would Colbert want to deny Stephen Spencer the right to self-defense and protect white racists?

JWK

It is absolutely shameful that those in our mainstream media and Hollywood crowd, having achieved fame, fortune and great success under a free market, free enterprise system, now work to destroy that system and impose a notoriously evil, Cuban style government, on America’s future generation.

Let's all go over to Steven's house and beat the crap out of him then.

Dems don’t want to change the law, so much as they want people that disagree with. them from not being protected by the law

[video]

JWK

As a political commentator, Colbert is even less worthy of attention than he is as an alleged comic. He is simply dull and full of himself for no good reason. Of course he is a far left winger, so that is par for the course.

Colbert is an idiot. He should have his head examined by a lumberjack.
He fits right in with Nancy Pelosi who walks around with armed bodyguards to protect her narrow-wrinkled ass:

1638046802421.png

Just remember at all times, the rules are for thee but not for me!

JWK

Last edited:
[video]

JWK

There is nothing wrong with our laws, self-defense is the same pretty much in every state of the union. The problem with the Rittenhouse case, in my opinion, is that the judge didn't want Kyle punished AT ALL for his "mistakes", similar to when judges don't want an affluent defendant to be found guilty or be punished for their violations of the law. Let me explain what I mean.

Cobert stated "IF Rittenhouser didn't violate the law, then the laws need to be changed". Kyle originally was charged not just with the murder and assault of the 3 people he shot, he was also charged with a misdemeanor gun violation, essentially an minor unlawfully in possession of a firearm.

The judge had an agenda because right before deliberation began, he removed the misdemeanor gun violation. Not just specifically in relation to Kyle and this case, I can understand a juror struggling with the prospect of saddling an 18 year old with a life sentence in prison but that's the punishment for having killed 2 people which he is guilty of, there is no denying that. There is also no denying that at age 17 he was not old enough to be in possession of the firearm he was carrying and used to kill his two victims and injure the third.

Even if the jury could not bring themselves to sentence Kyle to the rest of his life in prison, they could have found him guilty of violating the misdemeanor gun possession law. A misdemeanor gun possession violation on one's records does not ruin your life, you can often get the record expunged or maybe since he was a minor when the violation occurred he may even have been able to get his "juvenile" record sealed. But by the judge taking that option off of the table, then the only option left was so severe and extreme that none of the jurors apparently wanted to apply it.

So we're left looking at a situation in which those cheering the verdict are claiming Kyle did nothing wrong, that he was simply exercising his right to self defense (don't pay attention to that misdemeanor gun violation over in the corner) and that's he's now a hero. The fact that the people he killed were protestors with criminal histories is just icing on the cake compared to Kyle spotless history at age 17.

He did do something wrong though but it's being swept under the rug in order to maintain the narrative that he was lawfully engaged in self-defense when he killed the people he did.

That is why you heard the prosecution state repeatedly that you cannot be the aggressor in a situation that leads to you having to use lethal force to defend your life. That's the letter of the law.

If Kyle was invited or joined up with a group protecting protecting and was their with that weapon at the owner's permission he's still in violation of the gun law because his protecting private private doesn't meet any of the exceptions for a minor being in possession of a firearm under adult supervision. HOWEVER, once he stepped off of the property of the adult who gave him the weapon/supervising him, he's now in public with a firearm he cannot lawfully be in possession of.

I read that he was thought to be an active shooter BECAUSE he had shot someone and that's why he was being chased. Whose fault is it that people mistook him as a threat, a situation HE created. I don't remember reading that he ever rendered aid to either of the people he shot or even summoned aid for them and reported the shooting to the police. He was just a kid with a gun running around creating havoc all over the place, killing people, not doing any of the things you're supposed to when having to use your weapon "in self-defense" yet the judge manipulated the jury so that they only had one option instead of all of them.

There is nothing wrong with our laws, as always, the variable and the thing that fucks everything up are people, peopole who play games with the lives of others, people who have to rely on others to tell them what something says, what something means, and without the fortitude to stand up and say "this isn't right" when it isn't.

There is nothing wrong with our laws, self-defense is the same pretty much in every state of the union. The problem with the Rittenhouse case, in my opinion, is that the judge didn't want Kyle punished AT ALL for his "mistakes", similar to when judges don't want an affluent defendant to be found guilty or be punished for their violations of the law. Let me explain what I mean.

Cobert stated "IF Rittenhouser didn't violate the law, then the laws need to be changed". Kyle originally was charged not just with the murder and assault of the 3 people he shot, he was also charged with a misdemeanor gun violation, essentially an minor unlawfully in possession of a firearm.

The judge had an agenda because right before deliberation began, he removed the misdemeanor gun violation. Not just specifically in relation to Kyle and this case, I can understand a juror struggling with the prospect of saddling an 18 year old with a life sentence in prison but that's the punishment for having killed 2 people which he is guilty of, there is no denying that. There is also no denying that at age 17 he was not old enough to be in possession of the firearm he was carrying and used to kill his two victims and injure the third.

Even if the jury could not bring themselves to sentence Kyle to the rest of his life in prison, they could have found him guilty of violating the misdemeanor gun possession law. A misdemeanor gun possession violation on one's records does not ruin your life, you can often get the record expunged or maybe since he was a minor when the violation occurred he may even have been able to get his "juvenile" record sealed. But by the judge taking that option off of the table, then the only option left was so severe and extreme that none of the jurors apparently wanted to apply it.

So we're left looking at a situation in which those cheering the verdict are claiming Kyle did nothing wrong, that he was simply exercising his right to self defense (don't pay attention to that misdemeanor gun violation over in the corner) and that's he's now a hero. The fact that the people he killed were protestors with criminal histories is just icing on the cake compared to Kyle spotless history at age 17.

He did do something wrong though but it's being swept under the rug in order to maintain the narrative that he was lawfully engaged in self-defense when he killed the people he did.

That is why you heard the prosecution state repeatedly that you cannot be the aggressor in a situation that leads to you having to use lethal force to defend your life. That's the letter of the law.

If Kyle was invited or joined up with a group protecting protecting and was their with that weapon at the owner's permission he's still in violation of the gun law because his protecting private private doesn't meet any of the exceptions for a minor being in possession of a firearm under adult supervision. HOWEVER, once he stepped off of the property of the adult who gave him the weapon/supervising him, he's now in public with a firearm he cannot lawfully be in possession of.

I read that he was thought to be an active shooter BECAUSE he had shot someone and that's why he was being chased. Whose fault is it that people mistook him as a threat, a situation HE created. I don't remember reading that he ever rendered aid to either of the people he shot or even summoned aid for them and reported the shooting to the police. He was just a kid with a gun running around creating havoc all over the place, killing people, not doing any of the things you're supposed to when having to use your weapon "in self-defense" yet the judge manipulated the jury so that they only had one option instead of all of them.

There is nothing wrong with our laws, as always, the variable and the thing that fucks everything up are people, peopole who play games with the lives of others, people who have to rely on others to tell them what something says, what something means, and without the fortitude to stand up and say "this isn't right" when it isn't.
the charge was dismissed because Wisconsin law does not prohibit a minor from having a rifle. The code, which he was charged with prohibits short barrel guns and sawed off guns

The law alllowed long rifles which Kyle had

Colbert back in the day was an ok tv show personality but he went deep left past few years especially and he went so deep left that he is a model democrat. All he knows how to do is blame other people than democrats and shout "we need more rules". He still will bring up trump for absolutely no reason at all for fruit thats not even low hanging, he goes for the fruit that fell on the ground a week ago and is starting to rot.

He is a prime example of a bad american because all he wants to do is blame america first and complain about republicans.

the charge was dismissed because Wisconsin law does not prohibit a minor from having a rifle. The code, which he was charged with prohibits short barrel guns and sawed off guns

The law alllowed long rifles which Kyle had
I remember briefly reading the exceptions to the law but didn't see how any of them applied although the way the statute is written couldn't be more confusing. So it seems the defense found a loophole on the gun charge and that started the dominoes falling:
How a 1991 gun law may have impacted Rittenhouse verdict

Whether or not the law needs to be changed is still a tossup for me. I've seen far too many cases that have been decided in direct contradiction to what the laws state so that for me every court case is a crap-shoot as far as I'm concerned.

I stand corrected on the gun law violation, my opinion remains the same however regarding having clean hands and not being the aggressor if one wishes to avail oneself of the self-defense laws.

1638065575776.png

wow.......you dont know anything and yet still decided to post about it.

All the lawyers and the judge agreed to get rid of the gun charge based in the dumb Wisconsin law......

The shootings were all self defense.....

He fits right in with Nancy Pelosi who walks around with armed bodyguards to protect her narrow-wrinkled ass:

View attachment 569115

Just remember at all times, the rules are for thee but not for me!

JWK

She gets plenty of threats from the red hat goobers. You`re checking out her ass? :icon_rolleyes:

Colbert back in the day was an ok tv show personality but he went deep left past few years especially and he went so deep left that he is a model democrat. All he knows how to do is blame other people than democrats and shout "we need more rules". He still will bring up trump for absolutely no reason at all for fruit thats not even low hanging, he goes for the fruit that fell on the ground a week ago and is starting to rot.

He is a prime example of a bad american because all he wants to do is blame america first and complain about republicans.
Sometimes you wonder if we have had moles all over the place in the media and entertainment and were/are given marching orders. In reality, there may be social media threats, but nothing else to any of them. And they are safe in their jobs. Endless resources from the global elite.

Easy position to take when you can afford armed private security,
Just like Nancy Pelosi:

1638122803236.png

JWK

It is absolutely shameful that those in our mainstream media and Hollywood crowd, having achieved fame, fortune and great success under a free market, free enterprise system, now work to destroy that system and impose a notoriously evil, Cuban style government, on America’s future generations.

Forum List

Back