Statues

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Now if we can start taking down the Confederate war memorials and the celebrations of top traitor and defender of slavery Robert E. Lee on every block of Alexandria, we might actually be making some progress.

So statues that have stood for years trigger you that badly. What colors trigger you so they can be removed? What foods trigger you so that farmers can stop growing them?

Taking them down and moving them to memorial sites is fine, but not destroying them. That does not erase history. History is history, like it or not.

Taking them down and moving them to memorial sites is fine, but not destroying them. That does not erase history. History is history, like it or not.
History is a thing of books, records and discussion but statues and memorials are there to honor the subject. The men who started and led the confederacy never deserved honor.

Now if we can start taking down the Confederate war memorials and the celebrations of top traitor and defender of slavery Robert E. Lee on every block of Alexandria, we might actually be making some progress.

Progress? LOL!!!!!!

The side of slavery that nutless bitches hate to hear about....grab your straight jackets pussies.
Slavery was right for this country and for Africa; tens of thousands of Blacks were given a chance at life and saved from near certain death in their homelands. Blacks here today do nothing but benefit from the hard work of their ancestors...they should be thankful for the slave era.
Robert E. Lee might be the baddest American that ever lived....he had the nuts to stand against tyranny and fight .GOV for the rights our founders framed for us. Spineless pieces of shits owned by Father Government can’t even fathom this.

The side of slavery that nutless bitches hate to hear about....grab your straight jackets pussies.
Slavery was right for this country and for Africa; tens of thousands of Blacks were given a chance at life and saved from near certain death in their homelands. Blacks here today do nothing but benefit from the hard work of their ancestors...they should be thankful for the slave era.
Robert E. Lee might be the baddest American that ever lived....he had the nuts to stand against tyranny and fight .GOV for the rights our founders framed for us. Spineless pieces of shits owned by Father Government can’t even fathom this.
The problem with the "History not Hate" argument is that many of the people making it talk like you. Hypocrite.

History is a thing of books, records and discussion but statues and memorials are there to honor the subject. The men who started and led the confederacy never deserved honor.

You are projecting your (today's) values instead of just appreciating history. I don't want to defend the confederacy, but they were honorable men fighting for their "questionable" cause. Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson and many of the confederate generals were great generals of the day and deserve their statues, albeit in civil war museums and war cemeteries and battle scenes.

Its not like honoring Hitler or Pol Pot or Stalin or Saddam or other mass murderers. They were fighting for their economic well being based on many years and generations of precedence. You should ask, "how could such good men support such a twisted system? " The same way you boil a frog, slowly over time.

The problem with the "History not Hate" argument is that many of the people making it talk like you. Hypocrite.

I spend much of my life in suits, pitching clients, investors and board members...I come here to use adult language and offend fragile pussies with non PC bare bones truth. This shit ain’t easy...HAHA

You are projecting your (today's) values instead of just appreciating history. I don't want to defend the confederacy, but they were honorable men fighting for their "questionable" cause. Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson and many of the confederate generals were great generals of the day and deserve their statues, albeit in civil war museums and war cemeteries and battle scenes.

Its not like honoring Hitler or Pol Pot or Stalin or Saddam or other mass murderers. They were fighting for their economic well being based on many years and generations of precedence. You should ask, "how could such good men support such a twisted system? " The same way you boil a frog, slowly over time.
The abolition argument was long-running and well formed by 1860. Whatever led them to their choices is none of my concern in this case. They chose to lead the losing side in the bloodiest moral argument in our history. In our modern age there is nothing to honor in these men. Another thing to consider is that many of these memorials were paid for and placed in their locations by thr KKK or some other equivalent white organization.

I spend much of my life in suits, pitching clients, investors and board members...I come here to use adult language and offend fragile pussies with non PC bare bones truth. This shit ain’t easy...HAHA
That's fine. I am familiar with your type. Eat a dick.

No, many people do not. I can count on one hand, the number of times I have heard someone claim slavery was good.

He made a number of points, and all you did was call him names, unable to refute a single one of them.

You just lost.

No, many people do not. I can count on one hand, the number of times I have heard someone claim slavery was good.
I've heard hundreds of people explain at length that slavery was economically necessary as well as the civil war itself. Much the same thing.

He made a number of points, and all you did was call him names, unable to refute a single one of them.

You just lost.
He said in his next reply that he is just here to stir the shit. Not going spend a lot of energy on that one.

You just lost.
He said in his next reply that he is just here to stir the shit. Not going spend a lot of energy on that one.

That is a self serving interpretation of that post. Another is that he believes what he is saying is true and that that will offend certain "fragile" people.

YOur being so offended that you offer insults instead of rebuttals....

Just saying...

You just lost.

Look bud...this shit isn’t complicated. Those trying to understand the times from centuries ago and relate it to modern times are total fucking ignorant fools. Neanderthals use to murder their neighbors and eat their rotting flesh, Genghis Khan built an entire population, an empire practicing incestual rape. You wack-jobs looking to be offended should just let history be history and STFU. Simple shit for third graders...no?

like an object bathed in the light of the setting sun, Lee's shadow took on exaggerated size and grew steadily as america's civil war retreated even further into the softer glow of history!

You just lost.

Look bud...this shit isn’t complicated. Those trying to understand the times from centuries ago and relate it to modern times are total fucking ignorant fools. Neanderthals use to murder their neighbors and eat their rotting flesh, Genghis Khan built an entire population, an empire practicing incestual rape. You wack-jobs looking to be offended should just let history be history and STFU. Simple shit for third graders...no?
The confederate statue removal controversy is entirely about what we choose to honor right now. For example, we certainly remember Indian massacres but we do not build monuments honoring the US cavalry commanders on these spots. Wouldn't be right.

You just lost.

The confederate statue removal controversy is entirely about what we choose to honor right now. For example, we certainly remember Indian massacres but we do not build monuments honoring the US cavalry commanders on these spots. Wouldn't be right.

Who is “we”?
Were the removal of statues voted on by The People...or did a few whiny little bitches throw a fit and a few nutless politicians coddle the Loons?

Forum List

Back