States Need an Electoral System to Protect the Rights of the Counties

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Have you ever googled "political map of 'your state'"?

Here's my state. Yet our governors are far left Democrats or RINO Republicans. Tiny sections of certain few counties dictate our governors. These governors don't represent the People of the state of Michigan

Show us your state
m2016.jpeg

First of all you do not know what board to post this topic in.

Second of all, the state constitutions are all different.

You want to get it all unified - "scientific" maybe???

US4CC.meme.Morpheus - perfect_Constitution.png

I've been a proponent of that for many years. That puts the "city states" on a more even keel with the rest of the state.
Since we are not a democracy, but a Republic, our governors should be chosen by our district representatives.

Illinois would be Republican if not for the Chicago area. Same with most other states.

What is politics?

politics​

noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

pol·i·tics | \ ˈpä-lə-ˌtiks \
plural in form but singular or plural in construction

Definition of politics

1a: the art or science of government
b: the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
c: the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
2: political actions, practices, or policies
3a: political affairs or businessespecially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government)
b: political life especially as a principal activity or profession
c: political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
4: the political opinions or sympathies of a person
5a: the total complex of relations between people living in society
b: relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of viewoffice politicsethnic politics

He's covered.....Now go play in the street. ;)

No they don't. A county of 100 people should not count the same as one with 1 million people.

Here's my state. Yet our governors are far left Democrats or RINO Republicans. Tiny sections of certain few counties dictate our governors. These governors don't represent the People of the state of Michigan

Show us your state
View attachment 712178
How funny you are!

The majority of the population decides who the governor is and you whine the governor doesn't represent the people!

No they don't. A county of 100 people should not count the same as one with 1 million people.
Michigan doesn't have a county of 100 people. There are other considerations. Farming communities shouldn't be controlled by Detroit. A mining county shouldn't be controlled by a county whose residents are 80% on the government dole. Counties wealthy in natural resources shouldn't be controlled by Wayne county

We are not a democracy. Why does every liberal believe we are.
Actually, we are a democracy. You clearly have no idea what a democracy is. You are sorely lacking in a proper education.

May I suggest some reading material?

democracy-in-america-book.jpg

Show us your state
View attachment 712178
Here's a crazy idea....

Let the Blue areas live under the rules of the dictator they voted for, and let the Red areas live under the freedoms of the representative they voted for.

The whole state would turn red after one election cycle!

Since we are not a democracy, but a Republic, our governors should be chosen by our district representatives.
Deplorables ignore the meaning of words..

b: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

politics​

noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

pol·i·tics | \ ˈpä-lə-ˌtiks \
plural in form but singular or plural in construction

Definition of politics

1a: the art or science of government
b: the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
c: the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government
2: political actions, practices, or policies
3a: political affairs or businessespecially : competition between competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a government)
b: political life especially as a principal activity or profession
c: political activities characterized by artful and often dishonest practices
4: the political opinions or sympathies of a person
5a: the total complex of relations between people living in society
b: relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or dealt with from a political point of viewoffice politicsethnic politics

He's covered.....Now go play in the street. ;)
Thank you. So what about how do we decide how to control the government???

Are we sure it is how it should be - shit head???

Forum List

Back