States may hold onto tax refunds for months. Will the FEDS Follow?

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
I am wondering how long it will take for the Feds to hold our tax refunds after allowing the states to do it? Of course we'll have to wait and see which states actually implement this.
And if they do, will they pay interest on the monies held. Must be a trial program, if it's successful the Feds may follow in a heartbeat.

Can the taxpayers then hold off for months in paying the state or federal taxes? Our budgets are shot in the 'arse' just like the states. :lol::lol:

How come it's always the taxpayer that gets the shaft, and incompetent politicians that run the state and federal still have jobs complete with benefits regardless of their stupid decisions? Not all but many of course, some politicians have great ideas, but making too much sense, they are set aside while the loons run the show.

Just rambling folks...I am done.

States may hold onto tax refunds for months - USATODAY.com

Already got my fed return, but I'm going to be sending it right back to the federal gov't to pay for the patent bar examination registration. haven't sent out my state one yet... hope they don't

Already got my fed return, but I'm going to be sending it right back to the federal gov't to pay for the patent bar examination registration. haven't sent out my state one yet... hope they don't

Congrats, and hope your invention makes you a millionaire. It's a difficult test for 100 questions and everyone gets their cut, don't they. Even thought its only a few hundred.

Good Luck

Last edited:
GA isn't on the list but if they were and held any funds owed (which is never the case because I pay every year) I would in turn hold my property taxes until I received a check for my income taxes.

Congrats, and hope your invention makes you a millionaire. It's a difficult test for 100 questions and everyone gets their cut, don't they. Even thought its only a few hundred.

Good Luck

thanks, I don't plan on making inventions, but preparing patents and prosecuting biotechnology patents that other people invent
So far I've been doing very well on practice questions and seem to have a good grasp of it

If you are getting a refund, you should adjust your withholding status so that you have to pay in a small amount of tax every year.

How fucking stupid is it to give the god damned fucking government an interest free loan?

Last edited:
If you are getting a refund, you should adjust your withholding status so that you have to pay in a small amount of tax every tear.

How fucking stupid is it to give the god damned fucking government an interest free loan?

That will benefit this country, not at all. Plus I get a "bonus" so to speak as a refund. Kind of nice, like having a hidden savings account

If you are getting a refund, you should adjust your withholding status so that you have to pay in a small amount of tax every tear.

That will benefit this country, not at all. Plus I get a "bonus" so to speak as a refund. Kind of nice, like having a hidden savings account

it's not a savings account as it earns no interest.

Set up a direct deposit and save the money yourself at least then you will be in control.

i thought you were supposed to be smart.

Interesting area of law Dr Gregg. Good luck on the exam.

If you are getting a refund, you should adjust your withholding status so that you have to pay in a small amount of tax every year.

Good advice. I try to not cut it too close. Really wouldn't be happy if I had to pay in more.

You should send that money back to the government. After all, they have some poor people to take of. It is selfish of you to have a refund and keep it.
I think you should send it back.

You should send that money back to the government. After all, they have some poor people to take of. It is selfish of you to have a refund and keep it.
I think you should send it back.

Another stupid nonelitist post. On ignore list as of this post, so go flame bate someone else troll

Forum List

Back