Starting a cashless society

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Recently Trudy up North decided to freeze the assets of those in Canada who protested.

This is an indication of what going cashless does to society

It simply empowers the state and is key to modern day despotism.

Which is why the Left will push for a cashless soceity.

Recently Trudy up North decided to freeze the assets of those in Canada who protested.

This is an indication of what going cashless does to society

It simply empowers the state and is key to modern day despotism.

Which is why the Left will push for a cashless soceity.
Unless you keep all your money under your mattress then you're just as exposed to having your assets frozen as anyone

Unless you keep all your money under your mattress then you're just as exposed to having your assets frozen as anyone

Unless you have like a account in a trust. Kind of like I have my house in a trust and I am the trustor and my grandma is the trustee. Regardless of what happens nobody can just take my house even in a lawsuit because it isn't just mine. You can do the same thing with money.

There are various ways to hide money in the banking system as well.

Then you have things like certified berear bonds or money orders where it isn't tied to a person and is good as cash.

Then you have cash itself which you can't freeze if someone has it. Or someone else can give you cash.

You can have offshore accounts which are trickier at finding and freezing that you can money transferred from.

But going cashless and digital with money can remove all of that. Especially if what I am guessing the current administration would love to do is have a national bank all citizens have to use, then they have absolute control.

I couldn't get a big enough mattress
DaPit.jpg

In a normal western democracy government would need a court order court process to freeze assets in a bank account. Trudy the Commie via EO asserted some sort of emergency declaration to bypass due process. He is acting like a dictator.

Unless you have like a account in a trust. Kind of like I have my house in a trust and I am the trustor and my grandma is the trustee. Regardless of what happens nobody can just take my house even in a lawsuit because it isn't just mine. You can do the same thing with money.

There are various ways to hide money in the banking system as well.

Then you have things like certified berear bonds or money orders where it isn't tied to a person and is good as cash.

Then you have cash itself which you can't freeze if someone has it. Or someone else can give you cash.

You can have offshore accounts which are trickier at finding and freezing that you can money transferred from.

But going cashless and digital with money can remove all of that. Especially if what I am guessing the current administration would love to do is have a national bank all citizens have to use, then they have absolute control.
I'm not worried about it.

I have no debt, pay my taxes and don't run afoul of the law.

I used a cash back credit card for everything. and get paid back 2% or more for all my purchases

In a normal western democracy government would need a court order court process to freeze assets in a bank account. Trudy the Commie via EO asserted some sort of emergency declaration to bypass due process. He is acting like a dictator.
The IRS can seize your bank accounts without a warrant

Forum List

Back