Starbucks manager called a racist by Starbucks can sue their A***s for defamation...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....I hope she sues these assholes...true, she is another social justice warrior, according to her co-workers, but she has a definite case for defamation against Starbucks and their managment....she followed company policy and they called her a racist....

I hope she sues their asses and makes millions...

DEFAMATION: The Starbucks Manager Accused Of Racism Is Probably About To Be A MILLIONAIRE

he former Starbucks manager who called the police on two non-paying black customers earlier this month may have a good case for bringing a defamation suit against the coffee company.

In numerous public statements, Starbucks and its CEO Kevin Johnson have gone out of their way to imply that the unidentified female manager was acting on subconscious racial motivations when she told the loitering customers to either buy a beverage or get out of her store. Crucially, Starbucks has also strongly implied that, as a factual matter, the manager violated company policy.

Defamation law varies by state, but the gist is simple: Negligently saying, or implying, something that is provably false about a private person constitutes actionable defamation, as long as the statement harms the victim’s reputation.

In Pennsylvania, where the incident occurred, defamation is governed by 42 § 8343. The statute is a typical defamation law, and it puts the burden on the plaintiff to show, among other things, that the statement was made about the defendant, was false, and caused damages.
-----

Similarly, the unnamed Starbucks manager can claim that the company’s decontextualized accounts of what occurred in the store falsely portray her as acting on her alleged disdain of black people, which obviously harms her reputation.

The manager can also likely meet her burden of showing that Starbucks’ claim that she violated store policy is false. In fact, the same company spokesperson who said the police should never have been called also said that the standard policy is to call the police when non-purchasers refuse to leave the store.

You can't claim defamation for an "implication".

As you said, defamation requires a false statement of fact. Implications and opinions don't count

You didn't read the article....

Just last year, a federal appeals court reinstated a New Orleans professor’s defamation lawsuit against the New York Times, which was based on his claim that the paper negligently portrayed him as a racist supporter of slavery.

“If, as [Professor] Block has pleaded, he stated during the interview that slavery was ‘not so bad’ except for its involuntariness, a reasonable jury could determine that the NYT’s decontextualized quotation falsely portrayed him as communicating that chattel slavery itself was not problematic – exactly the opposite of the point that he says he was making,” the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled.

Yes....I hope she sues these assholes...true, she is another social justice warrior, according to her co-workers, but she has a definite case for defamation against Starbucks and their managment....she followed company policy and they called her a racist....

I hope she sues their asses and makes millions...

DEFAMATION: The Starbucks Manager Accused Of Racism Is Probably About To Be A MILLIONAIRE

he former Starbucks manager who called the police on two non-paying black customers earlier this month may have a good case for bringing a defamation suit against the coffee company.

In numerous public statements, Starbucks and its CEO Kevin Johnson have gone out of their way to imply that the unidentified female manager was acting on subconscious racial motivations when she told the loitering customers to either buy a beverage or get out of her store. Crucially, Starbucks has also strongly implied that, as a factual matter, the manager violated company policy.

Defamation law varies by state, but the gist is simple: Negligently saying, or implying, something that is provably false about a private person constitutes actionable defamation, as long as the statement harms the victim’s reputation.

In Pennsylvania, where the incident occurred, defamation is governed by 42 § 8343. The statute is a typical defamation law, and it puts the burden on the plaintiff to show, among other things, that the statement was made about the defendant, was false, and caused damages.
-----

Similarly, the unnamed Starbucks manager can claim that the company’s decontextualized accounts of what occurred in the store falsely portray her as acting on her alleged disdain of black people, which obviously harms her reputation.

The manager can also likely meet her burden of showing that Starbucks’ claim that she violated store policy is false. In fact, the same company spokesperson who said the police should never have been called also said that the standard policy is to call the police when non-purchasers refuse to leave the store.

I'm trying to figure out how an implication about a subconscious motivation is provably false. :eusa_think:

This is beyond stupid. I heard the interviews.

Holly the manager stated that this store has a huge problem with loitering and Starbucks management gave directive to stop it.

From the black children: we went in and grab a talk (did you order anything), no. I asked ronise the bathroom and the manager said it was for paying customers only (just like 100% of the other businesses in the world). <did you order anything then?> no we didn’t order anything. The manager then came over and asked us if we wanted anything, we said no and she asked us to leave. They declined to leave. She then called the police. The police came and they still refused to leave, so they got arrested. Tr police chief who gave the boneheaded retraction needs to be fired for incompetency.

It is pretty crystal clear.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

This is beyond stupid. I heard the interviews.

Holly the manager stated that this store has a huge problem with loitering and Starbucks management gave directive to stop it.

From the black children: we went in and grab a talk (did you order anything), no. I asked ronise the bathroom and the manager said it was for paying customers only (just like 100% of the other businesses in the world). <did you order anything then?> no we didn’t order anything. The manager then came over and asked us if we wanted anything, we said no and she asked us to leave. They declined to leave. She then called the police. The police came and they still refused to leave, so they got arrested. Tr police chief who gave the boneheaded retraction needs to be fired for incompetency.

It is pretty crystal clear.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

100% of businesses in the world restrict their bathrooms to paying customers only? :lol:

This is 2018 America.

No jury will ever find in favor of a person who alleges that s/he was mistreated in a case involving people of color.

There might be some jurors who are sympathetic toward such a person, but those jurors would be terrified to go against the wishes of opposing jurors.

(I read a headline about three days ago about a fitness gym in New Jersey. It seems that three employees are in hot water because they called the police on a member and his guest. The member and his guest are members of a certain ethnicity. Most employees who want to keep their jobs have learned to ignore whatever people of a certain ethnicity do, lest they lose their jobs. Management simply will not back up their employees in such cases.)

it was never proven--and probably can't be--that it was racially motivated
I've asked many times for someone to prove it--no responses

...the BIG ''sin''/wrong/idiocy/injustice is NOT these 2 being legally told to leave--but the MSM making it out to be racially motivated---this is what destroys values--which if you don't have values--you just have an ''animalistic'' community

Forum List

Back