Star Trek Strange New Worlds

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Star Trek Strange New Worlds is a must see for Star Trek fans. It takes place generations before the original Star Trek with some of the original characters, just younger, Spock, Uhura, and Kirk as a crew member on the Enterprise lead by Captain Pike, who Trekkies will remember from the original Star Trek . Same characters, only younger but the mission remains the same; To explore strange new worlds, To seek out new life and new civilizations, To boldly go where no man has gone before. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 99%. It's available on Prime and Paramount.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds is a must see for Star Trek fans. It takes place generations before the original Star Trek with some of the original characters, just younger, Spock, Uhura, and Kirk as a crew member on the Enterprise lead by Captain Pike, who Trekkies will remember from the original Star Trek . Same characters, only younger but the mission remains the same; To explore strange new worlds, To seek out new life and new civilizations, To boldly go where no man has gone before. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 99%. It's available on Prime and Paramount.
jim kirk isnt a crew member....its his older brother George....

Yeoman Rand in her early days.

1664908378237.png

jim kirk isnt a crew member....its his older brother George....
Don't think so. Paul Wesley debuted as the latest actor to play James T. Kirk.

Which universe/reality does this Star Trek take place? In the 2009 Star Trek movie (perhaps this considered a re-boot), Kirk meets Spock for the first time it seems. Different Timeline than TOS!

Don't think so. Paul Wesley debuted as the latest actor to play James T. Kirk.
you said he was a member of the enterprise crew....not so....older brother george is....jim is the captain of another ship......

While a bit of interesting nostalgia here, the link also has a preview of the next one: "Star Trek Picard". Many old faces here, a bit 'long in the tooth'.

Star Trek's Original Name For The Enterprise Explained​

While a bit of interesting nostalgia here, the link also has a preview of the next one: "Star Trek Picard". Many old faces here, a bit 'long in the tooth'.

Star Trek's Original Name For The Enterprise Explained​

I have seen the first season and thought it was good, better than Picard or Discovery.

I liked the show, mostly.

It actually feels like a Star Trek show.

Ironically, the show has two characters who were previously portrayed by Majel Barrett. I was thinking if there was only a way to work Laxwanna Troi into an episode, they could have all three characters she played.

I liked the show, mostly.

It actually feels like a Star Trek show.

Ironically, the show has two characters who were previously portrayed by Majel Barrett. I was thinking if there was only a way to work Laxwanna Troi into an episode, they could have all three characters she played.
A number of characters from previous star treks appear as their younger selves but not Troi. However, I think she does appear in Picard. There have been a total 25 Star Trek movies and series and get some of them mixed up.

It's the best Star Trek series I have seen since Next Generation.

Oh, I wouldn't go that far.

I think the Deep Space Nine was not only better than SNW, it was actually better than TNG.

Deep Space Nine had a big advantage that it wasn't "All forgotten by next week", which TNG and VOY both suffered from. It started the trend of season long story arcs.

Oh, I wouldn't go that far.

I think the Deep Space Nine was not only better than SNW, it was actually better than TNG.

Deep Space Nine had a big advantage that it wasn't "All forgotten by next week", which TNG and VOY both suffered from. It started the trend of season long story arcs.
Babylon five was better.....and had a 5 year story arc.....

Forum List

Back